Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Support
Support

Yes, you should be able to buy D2:ED for PC, get FoV and then get the conversion patch when it is done. The patch release has to be made through the D2:ED publishers, though.
Posted earlier today in the topic D2:ED + FoV vs DKS?

Originally Posted by Lar_q
Check out Steam (tomorrow probably) - existing ED buyers will be able to get DKS at a reduction through the system they have in place.

Alternatively, you can get FOV if you have ED already, and download the ED+FOV to DKS patch that we hope to release in the near future (we're still making it)

For the Xbox version there will not be a conversion patch due to size restrictions, but I assume there will still be a patch to give the updates and fixes made to D2:ED with FoV.

Welcome to the forum. wave

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Gamersgate has FOV for sale and it says specifically it works with boxed copies of ED. If you want to ignore the DKS release and treat FOV like a large DLC pack for ED, I would get it at Gamersgate. Steam seems to only be offering DKS, and even if they put FOV up it might only apply to Steam versions of ED.

Lots of acronyms there.

Downloading now at GG, estimated time of arrival is 2 hours 58 minutes. I am very much looking forward to playing this. grin

I don't care too much for Steam any more, they have become far to big for their boots. suspicion

Last edited by Paris; 05/11/10 10:41 AM.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
What do you mean Paris, what's wrong with Steam?

Originally Posted by Jasmine Moldovia
What do you mean Paris, what's wrong with Steam?

I would guess it was because Steam sort of take control from you. You even have a little steam loader pop up when you want to play the game, and if you have steam loading when you boot up it is for ever nagging at you about something or other.

I prefer GG, were you can easily download and store your game collection, re-install and play without any fuss, and in most cases GG is cheaper. It's just my preference. wink

UPDATE: just 43 little minutes to go. grin

Last edited by Paris; 05/11/10 12:43 PM.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Yes, I don't dislike Steam really, but it does take a lot of control from the player which is one of the main reasons I am a PC gamer. I don't want patches forced on me for instance, I might not want to update for one reason or another (note: Steam has an option to turn off auto-updates, but it just means it does not update when you are not around, it still forces an update before launching the game and still offers no ability to roll-back after updating).

Also I don't like the vibe lately that you need to have your game on Steam, it gives them a lot of power to decide what comes out on PC similar to a console manufacturer like Microsoft or Sony.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Has anybody else noticed that thier frame rate is locked at 30 fps??

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Paris
[quote=Jasmine Moldovia]
I prefer GG, were you can easily download and store your game collection, re-install and play without any fuss, and in most cases GG is cheaper. It's just my preference. wink

Did you ever tried Direct2Drive?(works the same way as gamersgate)
I find that Gamersgate's game takes forever to download.

With d2d i always get 1.1MBs but with gg i get like 200-500KBs...

Last edited by Shinuz; 05/11/10 04:54 PM.
Support
Support

Has anybody else noticed that thier frame rate is locked at 30 fps??

I believe that fixes the performance/stuttering problems some people encountered in D2:ED. After the German version of FoV was released there was mention they might look at making it adjustable, but if you are not seeing any options for changing the frame rate then apparently that didn't happen.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Is the Direct2Drive.com versione multilanguage?

old hand
old hand
We actually tried making it an option, but it caused too many problems which is why we removed it again.

old hand
old hand
No sorry wink I was replying to the post before that.

I don't which versions direct2drive will be using - however, on www.larianvault.com you can get English, French, Italian and Spanish versions with a single purchase. (yes, I realize that I'm pitching our shop a lot today smile )

E
stranger
stranger
E
Yeah, I realized after my post. Thanks for the fast reply anyway smile

E
stranger
stranger
E
Anyway, if anyone buys DKS from Direct2Drive.com, can let us know what languages are included?

addict
addict
No sorry wink I was replying to the post before that.

I don't which versions direct2drive will be using - however, on www.larianvault.com you can get English, French, Italian and Spanish versions with a single purchase. (yes, I realize that I'm pitching our shop a lot today smile )

Are D2D versions of DKS or FOV using D2D's DRM?
Or Securom DRM (like Steam version uses)?
Or something else?

Last edited by MysterD; 05/11/10 11:11 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
We actually tried making it an option, but it caused too many problems which is why we removed it again.

So, no matter what the game is stuck at 30fps on the PC version?

I was wondering why it was running so bad. Is there no way to get it to run better?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Oh, and the game still stutters when running at "30" fps. Are there any patches in the works? Thanks.

Support
Support

There was a problem when they removed the FPS cap, which they are in the process of tracking down. See Lar_q's post towards the end of the topic Frame Rate capped to 30 ?

For those of you with graphical problems.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Raze

There was a problem when they removed the FPS cap, which they are in the process of tracking down. See Lar_q's post towards the end of the topic Frame Rate capped to 30 ?

For those of you with graphical problems.

Thanks for directing me to that thread. I truly do hope they get this resolved before long, it actually hurts my eyes in areas with heavy shadows >.<

old hand
old hand
We've finished work on the hotfix and will be testing it tomorrow - if that works out, we should have it online tomorrow too.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard