Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
We've finished work on the hotfix and will be testing it tomorrow - if that works out, we should have it online tomorrow too.

I hope that it will be made availible on Impulse then.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
It would probably greatly benefit you guys if you start selling boxed PC versions in NA. I am an XBox person, so I do not really have a chance to pirate anything (no want to do so) but for enough people I know who love this game to purchase a downloaded version simply doesn't cut it. There are bunch of working torrents available, and in a situation of choice - download for $40 v. download for free, in times of economic hardship pragmatism easily wins over morality. May be you guys don't want to spend money on publishers bec. you are afraid of overstocking, but 2-3 months later it might be too little too late for boxed PC version.

I thought they were but just delayed... I saw 11/26 somewhere...

Insanity Is Just A Matter Of Opinion
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Well, on amazon Canada it is - usually ships within 5 to 8 weeks. It kind of suck you know.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by vivaxardas
It would probably greatly benefit you guys if you start selling boxed PC versions in NA. I am an XBox person, so I do not really have a chance to pirate anything

Xbox piracy is pretty rampant actually, all you need is a mod chip and then it's easier than PC piracy. The reason it doesn't get as much press as PC piracy is because games on the Xbox still sell very well. Piracy is not the main issue with PC gaming, low sales is, and piracy is only a part of the reason for that.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Thanks for the updates smile

stranger
stranger
It would have been nice to see the Steam one without the additional Securom stamped on top of it )=. It's really overkill at that point and I hate activation systems. I have a feeling that "deleting local content" on Steam isn't going to be considered a proper uninstall either which, with 5 activations, shouldn't cause problems, but is still )=.

stranger
stranger
What about an Xbox 360 US release date? I don't have a PC, I have a Mac and I don't play games on my Mac. It is a waste of computer space.

Support
Support

They are still working on getting the Xbox version distributed in the US. There is a distributor for Canada, so you could order it online (were you so inclined), if we ever get it. Amazon.ca has the PC version moved back from 'Usually ships in 1 to 3 weeks' a couple days ago to 'Usually ships in 5 to 8 weeks', and I have not been able to find the Xbox version listed anywhere yet.

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I have a hunch that DNS is gonna end up being a Christmas gift in Canada and something you'll find in your Easter basket in the US.

Last edited by Dae; 09/11/10 01:55 AM.
stranger
stranger
I will be very disappointed if it is not released for Xbox in the US.

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
It would be a very poor business decision to completely ignore an entire market. I have confidence that Larian will get the game to the states, I just dont know if I can wait that long lol.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vizman
I will be very disappointed if it is not released for Xbox in the US.

If it does not, blame the US market and the publishers for not coming to terms for distributing it here.

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I say blame microsoft for not making xbox games region code free.

veteran
veteran
Hello all,

It's not that we are ignoring the US market, why should we?

Currently the game is only available in the US via digital distribution (e.g. www.larianvault.com).
We're working on getting it in US stores as soon as possible but unfortunately can't confirm anything yet on the front. As soon as we have more info, we'll put up an announcement.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard