Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
What's the point? wink

Yes I know I can only summon one at the time (Ghost, Demon or Undead), but when my Demon is killed or his time of summoning is over, I can immediately summon my Ghost (or Undead) smile
And always my creature + all the enemies I can Charm,
all together it form a nice "fiesta of allies" biggrin

Plus: the Ghost does something no other can - besides Charmed 'Healers', but not always there to charm - Healing my hero ... an effective potions saver .

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
M
stranger
stranger
M
I can summon the Undead and the Ghost at the same time... Did I not get the update?

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga is one of the very best RPGs ever made!
Support
Support

The creature (crystal skull) and a summon (spell) can be active at the same time, but AFAIK not two summons.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
While (for example) your Ghost is summonned, you CAN summon (for example) the Undead !
You CAN, but if you DO, the already summonned (in this case the Ghost) will disappear. wink

That's why it's good to have that Crystal Skull as fast as possible (last time I was around level 12 when I had my Creature working for the first time), so you can, like Raze said, have 2 allies to help you smile
But if you like more allies, go for the skill Charm ! It's so fun !! laugh

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Back to Rivellon . I wish to tell you a story .

This is the first part of the story,
But you can read it fine, don't worry !

My hero is growing and now 40 levels old .
Walking & Talking in Aleroth for the love of God,
Trading & reading minds is so fun, I can do a lot !
Jurdenson is now Jurdensona spending all his Gold :hihi: ...

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
My female hero has reached the age of 45 year .

Since the Act in the Playhouse Jurdenson undergo a transformation to Jurdensona just before that Act ... and all the Ghosts claphands ... It was a emotional moment I'll remember that clearly now .

Bedwyr is my favorite Enchanter and beside the Enchanting part I frequently Pick another bone with him :hihi: O, he's always funny welcome and salut me, I love that freaking awesome guy !

Chanelle is my favorite shopkeeper for Herbs & my Alchemiste ! Every level I visit her to make myself many Master Herbalistic Potions of High Value .

I've all Enchantment Formulas now . My Collecting Mania is almost over now, because I give up to find the Formula for making Level 10 Strength potions . Besides two missing Formulas of Level 2, I've them all .
And I upgraded all Skills just to have an overview and ... of course ...
... again .... Collecting Mania grows everywhere it can go biggrin
Still, after all, I can't spend all my goldcoins ! I can spend them on drink & boys, but what if Damian is coming if I'm tipsy or sleeping(?) in bed with Mortimer ? eek O no, I can't do that !
So if someone wish to have my more than 100 000 goldcoins ... give a sign !
Darvesh ? O yes, to thank him for giving me some hints I give him from time to time one goldcoin to see his happy face laugh

O, so many skillbooks they give me in return for helping them out of trouble ! More than 25 skillpoints in reserve ... I think I spend all my points to Polymorph, Curse .. or at least put more points into Splitting Arrows, Poison Arrows, Stun Arrows, Explosive Arrows, Two-Handed Weapon Expertise or Thousand Strikes ... .

O, so many Yewellery and other equipment items with a skill on them, great ! I can change my build in a minute from a Mage Priest up to a Ranger Priest or even a Warrior Priest hahaha !
But a Priest, I am,
fully upgraded Summon Ghost, Summon Demon, Master Summoner, Master Herbalist, Charm, Fear, Blind and one point in Hide in Shadows (but of course, can lift it up changing some Earrings or whatever I like !
I've maked a list of all skillpoints avaible via gear, it's amazing how Tiffany and other traders put a "Willy" on me :hihi: ...
I bought so many times new stuff, look in every corner & choose mostly a piece with a must-have-skill if a lovely NPC give me the choice after I help him or her out of trouble with a (sometimes) dangerous quest !
To give you any idea, here is a small particle of that list :
Splitting arrows needed ? Just take my Amulet, Bracelet and Earrings and 9 points up !
Way of the Ranger needed? Just take my bow Invisible Death, Earrings and Cuirass of an Armour Set and 13 points up !
Need to Heal me better ? Take on the right Amulet, Bracelet, Ring and Earrings, up for 8 points .
Need more time ? I can upgrade Hide in Shadows (3 p. up), Stun Arrows (4 p. up) or Poison Arrows (9 p. up) ...
Wish to change my build in a Mage Priest ? Put on the Wizard Earrings (Destruction +5), take Deodatus Mace (Firewall +4), put on a Bracelet with Firewall + 3 or change to Magic Missile with an Amulet & Bracelet (up to 4) ... Or take the Amulet Destruct. +3 and that skill is fully upgraded from zero to max in a minute biggrin

O, I can go on and on to give examples ... I love all this stuff !

I buy & sell so many ...

Let the Goldcoins roll ...
... let them go flow glow ... !!
And you will see ...
All coints are rolling
In the River of Gold !

Just one thing silence
Find that River !

welcome

Last edited by Joram; 25/10/11 03:33 PM.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
On 30th of october I reached the final end.
After 234 days (since 11th of march) I read the "credits" at the end of Dinivity II, Flames of Vengeance part!

It was a amazing time. smile

And what's more, the day I ended Divinity II, I started again in Farglow laugh !

This time I wish to play from start to end with a female hero. Her name and title is:
Ronja the Ranger Priest

And like her description says, she's a Monk with their specific skills like Charm, Blind, Fear, Hide in Shadows, Summon Ghost, etc ... and for extra fun and speed up the battles she used some of the Ranger Skills too. But it's not strickly to that: also Polymorph skill and Healing spell in case of emergency or just for fun ... but in that case Ronja buy Yewellery with such a skillpoint on it. The real investments in Skills would be that of the Priest Tree in the first place !

But this playthrough I gonna try to collect as many as possible (if i've the goldcoints :hihi: ) equipment items, especially yewellery, with a skill on Ronja will use frequently and switch between them if needed and so she can spare enough skillpoints for later to invest in one time 5 points into Master Herbalist smile .
So far Ronja has collected already various Yewellery items. It's already a nice collection now just reaching level 9 yesterday with 3 skillpoints left.

Her statistics :
Level 9 - XP 24031 (0 Dept).
HP 189 - HP reg 0,48 - Vit 12
MP 211 - MP reg 0,39 - Spi 10
Str 10 - CB 10 - MAR ca 15
Dex 6 - HR 6 - RAR ca 10
Int 10 - IW 10 - MgAR ca 15

12 Quests solved & 6 Goblin hearts delivered to Champion Richard of Aleroth, spending his money on drink & girls.

Skills (without gear on) :
Lockpick 2/5, Summon Ghost 2/5, Stun Arrows 1/5, Hide in Shadows 1/5, Poison Arrows 1/5 (started as a Ranger), charm 1/5 + the other starting skills from the Dragon Slayer skill tree = totally 15 skills.
Via equipment now + 5 extra skills :
Ranger Strength (David's Gauntlets), Confusion (Jackal's Ring, but I take it for the MP +19 boost) & 3 skills via Yewellery, it can change in a minute (each with 1 point in a skill):
Earrings : Fear, Ranger Suprize, Stun Arrows, Polymorph, Hide in Shadows, Rush Attack & Summon Undead .
Amulets : Summon Mastery, Charm & Poison Arrows
Bracelets : Ranger Suprize & Mana Efficiency

A nice, very nice collection . And starting my "traders route" at level 9 I see again interesting skills ... can't wait to get my hands on them :hihi: hahaha

But I think it's time to upgrade my current L6 Bow with a better L9 from Derk . smile

IF I use a melee weapon (in case of emergency, you know), I search now always fro a godo Two-Handed Sword, so never wearing a Shield or 2 One-Handed Swords or something. But ronja prefer to shoot arrows !

Current Equipment (I love all the names!) :
Bow : Painful Magical Heavy Short Bow of Butchery (Butchery L2)
2HW : Painful Well-Crafted Flamberge of the Mage Priest (Mana Leech L2)
CRS : Guard's Light guard Cuirass of Hope (VIT +2, Life Line L2 = 6 HP)
LGG : Apprentice's Light Guard Leggings (nothing special)
HMT : Wild Dwellers Helmet (Set, found in Lost Cavern - VIT +2 & nice Ranged & Magic Protection)
GLS : Champion David's Gauntlets (Ranger Strengh +1 - SPI +2 & Life Line L3 = 6 HP)
BLT : Dog's Power Belt of Aleroth (18 MP & Healing Aura L2)
AMT : Summoner's Pewter Locket of the Magic Gods (Summon Mastery +1)
BCT : Awakened Engraved Pewtered Balgle of the Avenger (Mana Efficiency +1)
EAR : Stunning Oriental Gold Earrings of the Avenger (Stun Arrows +1)
RNG L : Rabbit's Pewter Ridged Ring of Aleroth (8 MP & Healing Aura L3)
RNG R : Jackal's Ring (Confusion +1)

The nightmare mode is in use and I wish to not lower the difficulty this time.

So far Ronja is killed a few times, but that's Joram's fault she says and what's more ...
... she's right ! :hihi:

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It's extremely quiet here on the forum, but also Ronja take a long rest (oops there's an intruder ... Skyrim & heroïn Mina Mangna is busy with exploring Tamriel)
Joram can't play with both at the same time ...

But here's a new update of Ronja the Ranger Priest before she go to bed for a winter sleep
Maybe her Summon Undead & Ghost do some work at the battlefield for her with the help of her Creature? But I suppose they don't and with good reasons, I think :hihi:

Ronja's statistics :
Level 12 - XP 58553 (1200 Dept).
HP 247 - HP reg 0,54 - Vit 19
MP 164 - MP reg 0,39 - Spi 11
Str 11 - CB 11
Dex 11 - HR 13
Int 11 - IW 11

20 Quests solved & 9 Goblin hearts delivered to Champion Richard of Aleroth, who give me the hint spending his money on drink & girls, but I know better.
Statpoints left: 4, Skillpoints left : 6

Ronja's Skills (without gear on) :
Lockpick 2/5, Summon Ghost 3/5, Stun Arrows 2/5, Hide in Shadows 1/5, Poison Arrows 1/5 (started as a Ranger), Charm 1/5 + the other starting skills from the Dragon Slayer skill tree = totally 17 skills.

Via equipment now 4 extra skills possible :
Confusion (Jackal's Ring) & 3 skills via Yewellery, it can change in a minute (each with 1 point in a skill):
Earrings : Summon Undead, Ranger Suprize, Stun Arrows, Fear, Polymorph, Hide in Shadows & Rush Attack .
Amulets : Summon Undead, Summon Mastery, Charm & Poison Arrows
Bracelets : Summon Undead, Ranger Suprize & Mana Efficiency

Ronja's current Equipment :
Bow : Lvl 12 Wild Dwellers Composite Bow (Set boost is Ranged Dam, 1 ECS*, HR +2 & Increased Magical Dam L1)
2HW : Lvl 9 Athlete's Magical H. Iron Flamberge of Doom (1 ECS, CB +3, Increased Dam L3)

CRS : Lvl 9 Witch's L. Noble Cuirass Spiritual Power (1 ECS, Spi +3, Increased Mana L5)
LGG : Lvl 11 Soldier's Regular Battle Leggings of Hope (2 ECS, Vit +2, Life Line L3)
HMT : Lvl 5 Wild Dwellers Helmet (Set boost is Dex, 1 EES**, Vit +2, Magic Prot L4)
GLS : Lvl 11 Blood Echelon Bracers (1 EES, Melee Prot L4)
BLT : Wolf's Star Belt of Aleroth (MP +26, CC +3, 2 ECS, Healing Aura L4)

AMT : Deadly Jade Sun Necklage of the Warrior (1 ECS, Dam Aura L2, Summon Undead)
BCT : Deadly Delicate Jewelled Bracelet Avenger (1 ECS, Retribut Aura L3, Summon Undead)
EAR : Deadly Saphire Droplet Earrings Eternal Burn (1 ECS, Spont Combusion L1, Summon Undead)

RNG L : Rabbit's Pewter Ridged Ring of Aleroth (1 ECS, 8 MP & Healing Aura L3)
RNG R : Lvl 9 Jackal's Ring (1 EES, MP +19, Confusion)

* ECS = empty charm slot
** EES = empty enchantment slot

Originally Posted by Joram
It's extremely quiet here on the forum, but also Ronja take a long rest (oops there's an intruder ... Skyrim & heroïn Mina Mangna is busy with exploring Tamriel)
Joram can't play with both at the same time ...

I'm near the level limit in Skyrim (currently at 60+ I think the level limit achievable, within the rules in-game is 80 something). Even though I'm not playing DKS, as I'm playing through Skyrim I'm constantly reminded of this game.

I would guess that a lot of DKS player veterans would get reminded of this game quite often. I'm still here posting even though it's no longer installed on my hard drive smile

Next time Larian releases a game I'll be jumping on it quickly to catch the "active" part. The truth is, I think I entered DKS when the activity is declining. The only good part about that is the game is already mature and patched up.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi to all who read this post,

I give up to "try to resist" the Divinity games ...
I've played Skyrim now for about 130 hours, started first with a Woodelf (reached l 22) and after that start a new game with a Redguard woman. She's now L 12.
But in some way the quests are more better in the Divinity Universe !!! The music too, despites I love the music in skyrim, Kirill's music I can't resist !! smile

So that are some of the reasons I wish to play (now and then) further on with Ronja the Ranger Priest(DKS) or Lana (DD)!!

Ronja is now level 13 and try to survive now in the Temple of Doom.

@J747L : What exactly in Skyrim reminded you of DKS ?

For me the DKS and all the Divinity games are always in my Mind, Skyrim or not, because the div virus got me !! biggrin

But I play Skyrim because I love to FEEL the difference between rpg's ! And to be honest: the combat, skills and other rpg elements like alchemy, smithing, enchanting and buy my own house etc ... I like that ! Most of this "roleplay" elements DD also have in a very good way and some of them I miss in DKS ... !

M
addict
addict
M
In my opinion, Skyrim world feels more "alive" than Rivellon, but quests are better in Divinity.
(main quest in Skyrim has lots of potential, but wasn't used as well as could be)

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yesterday Ronja looted the Temple of Doom and have a very short talk(?) with Laiken, but he trow her out of "his" Battle Tower :hihi: !

This time Ronja succeed to loot the Chest on the hitting rocks that's setting her on fire ... But via a tactical way and a big jump right on top of the chest, take the loot and fast jump into the water (haaaa ... that's better than burning to death hahaha !) ... using 1 or 2 healing potions ...
Finally Ronja has the Leggings of the Wild Dwellers Armour Set !! rpg002

Now only the Cuirass and she's wearing the full Set ... but can't remember where to find that Cuirass. But I know it is L14, so first back to the Maxos Temple or the Orobas Fjords to reach level 14 (around 10 000 XP to go).
If someone can give Ronja a small hint where to look for the Wild Dwellers Cuirass ? (but don't give the solution or if so, put it in a spoiler tag please wink !) ...

So, not farewell, but auf wiedersehn liebe Leute wave

Support
Support

You can not find the Wild Dwellers Cuirass until after completing Maxos Temple.
It is in a chest in the first room when you get to Sentinel Island.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Okay, thanks Raze, so far I know enough what to do smile ... so I darf not to clic on "Show me! otherwise .....
Yeekes, my eyes ! (or something like "I didn't wish I clicked on it!" ) :hihi:

But after I ended the Maxos Temple (and more, but before taking over the Battle Tower!) and didn't found the Cuirass, I know where to 'click' on biggrin

wave

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yes, I make it to Sentinel Island !

Now I finally can pay with Spoons ... or ... count Hermit's Spoons ? What's the best I can do ? think

Thanks to Sentinel Island I learn very fast and go up a level, from begin 15 up to level 16.

What I always use in battle are my Creature, now with a level 9 Ghoulish Head, my Summon Ghost, Charm L2 (+1 from Amulet), sometimes Polymorph L1 or Rush Attack L1 (both via Earrings), Stun Arrows L3 (+1 from Amulet), Hide in Shadows L1 (+2 x 1 from gear > L3), Poison Arrows L1 (ranger starting skill), a bow and a 2-handed sword .
If I wish I can Summon a Undead L3 by wearing together all three yewellery items with 1 point into Summon Undead .
Yeah, a nice arsenal of equipmetn with Skill-boosts I've collected.

Speaking of the collection of Enchantment formula's and Potion Formula's :
I collect only the L2, L5, L8 & L10 Potion formula's and the Enchantment Formula's of the Levels 3, 5, 7 & 9, plus only level 10 Healing Aura (if needed). But if I find a high level of something and later on a lower level, that lower one I forget about it .

Now it's time to trade a bit and learn Master Herbalist to start making in a cheap way many potions to use or sell away . Goldcoints are now around 35 000 . I needed many when I take over the Battle Tower to upgrade my runners, especially the Herb collector first laugh !

Also time to bring Lovis back his Soul Stone so he give me at least the content of his second Chest as reward biggrin

Sell away the parts of the Wild Dwellers Set and go to start collecting the Armour Set "Aleroth Archmage" ... especially the Belt + at least 1 extra piece of this Set. smile

Till next time wave

Ronja, the Ranger Priest kiss

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by melianos
In my opinion, Skyrim world feels more "alive" than Rivellon, but quests are better in Divinity.

I agree, I found the quests in DKS to be more engaging, specially the side quests. Also there is a good deal of humor (sometimes dark humor!) present in the dialogs. The main difference between these two games IMHO is the freedom granted by Bethesda. Tamriel's world is more engaging than Revellon's. I've been playing the Elder Scrolls games from Morrowind and in every sequel I felt the world to be immersive which gives you the feeling of being a part of it. Sadly in DKS, I didn't get that feeling and it's not about the size or scale of the game. From what I know Divinty series of games also have a long history and legacy and I sure hope Larian makes good use of that to create a true engaging universe in their next title.

Originally Posted by melianos
(main quest in Skyrim has lots of potential, but wasn't used as well as could be)

That was the case with TES:III and IV too, great storylines with much potentials yet failing to deliver on the promise. I believe this has to do with Bethesda's approach where the main quest comes second to the game-world and character design. I also never liked their "prophesy's champion" approach where the player has no choice but to follow an almost liner storyline. But the open and sprawling world, full control over almost everything and most importantly the ability to mod offsets whatever deficiency the main quest has.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I believe that IF I had played a TES game BEFORE a Divinity game I had much more fun with them, but no ... it isn't and so the Divinity games are Top Favorite RPG For Me !!

I start to understand that fun, humour & music is so important for me how a RPG feels and lucky me : the Divinity games have it all, thanks to the hard work of the Larian Team putting in their heart & soul in them, thanks to Kyrill Pokrovsky's talents ...

I
stranger
stranger
I
I believe that IF I had played a TES game BEFORE a Divinity game I had much more fun with them, but no ... it isn't and so the Divinity games are Top Favorite RPG For Me !!

That's fine IMO. No two RPG games are the same and it's all about having a great time. And DKS is such a fine RPG in its own right, I believe everybody should play it regardless of what other games are out there. This is the best discovery I've made last year.

thanks to Kyrill Pokrovsky's talents ...

The music scores are definitely something else! I thought ED part was great and here in FoV I'm spending hours roaming idly in market plaza or Lanilor lane, only to appreciate the ingenuity of the tracks. Kyrill seems to be one of those (rare) composers who knows the genre of RPG. It's often people like him and Jeremy Soule, who're instrumental (literally) in creating the magic yet overlooked by many gamers.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Personally I find Kirill's sound tracks of Divine Divinity the best of all I hear so far !
I just love to start DD because of loving the main theme sound of DD ! hahaha Really !

The funny thing is that I most love the song you hear walking in the Wastelands ! Only for hearing that song I have the big wish to play at least to the Ritual Blessing and when I'm there I can better go to kill the Demon of Lies :hihi:

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
All in Broken Valley is done. Only, I'm thinking of doing some battle in the Orobas Fjords to reach level 19 so I can make another round "shopping" in Broken Valley and thanks all shopkeepers for their lovely services & say "goodbye, tudeluu !" wave

On Sentinel Island I've tried to fly on a Wyvern via the skill Rush Attack, but probably a harpoon would be a better choice to reach the shipwreck for that last quest hahaha ...
But the wyvern aren't that friendly anymore since that wyvern potion is out of use now ... better wait till I can fly like a dragon ! :hihi:

I killed both sisters in the Fornlon Cave ... nice loot they dropped, especially the Bright Golden Earrings that give + 2 to Blind, + 4 to Intelligence, 2 charmslots & Magic Damage Aura L6 !
Great loot, love Rivellon !! and looking out to meet all new traders in the Orobas Fjords & Aleroth woehoe

The Happy Rolling Ronja Ranger Priest kiss

And greeting from my Rush Attacky & Ghostly Ghost.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard