Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Originally Posted by Joram
@J747L : What exactly in Skyrim reminded you of DKS ?

Tough question... really. Cause I'm wondering about it myself confused and it's not the dragons smile

It's probably the way I played throught Skyrim. Probably having the same mentality when I played through DKS that's why it felt familiar.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yesterday I reached level 20 . Now busy with my trading round . My money is almost gone because of this and also fully upgraded 2 of my runners (the one who brings me herbs and the other who brings me Ores) & upgraded my first skill up to level 10, Summon Ghost .

I've all the herbs Allan need for his special Allan Brew . Time to give him the herbs soon, probably very soon smile

The first quest I did after taking over the Battle Tower is "The Runes of Wrath" so Nicolas is willing to trade with me. Using Hide in Shadows (L3) in the dungeon behind the waterfall so I didn't need to kill not any enemies at all to take the 'Chicken Rune' hahaha ...

If you like shopping I can give you a nice "trading route" across the Orobas Fjords & Aleroth ... :
! Warning: spoilers, so I put it in spoiler tags (to be sure)!

Notes:
All the names of traders I write them in CAPITAL letters, example : > TIMPUK
It can be you must first active some of the blue teleporters to set the destination like you wish and some of the blue teleporters panels are destroyed and have only 1 destination.
PLUS ... !!
You must have done 3 things before you can travel this route :
1) via the Grand King Scrine fly around to find the blue teleporter "Sentinel View" with the only destination "Camp Eagle's Nest". Kill 2 NPC's, John & Kara, and after that don't kill Beird/Abram (trader's!) but search for 3 levers and use them all.
2)do the Quest "Runes of Wrath" in High Hall for Quintus - he's inside the building of Champion Harbour - so you can trade with Nicolas.
3) find 3 different parts of a Zeppelin (Compas, Rudder & something else I always forget the name) so you can take the Zeppelin to Aleroth to trade with Zarniyar, Pilcher & Mercator .

Here we go :
1a) travel to a Scrine and take the Red Hammer Scrine, fly to the Svadilfari Cave > TIMPUK
1b) fly in one time to the Svadilfari Cave > TIMPUK
! Warning ! first time you go into this Cave don't take the option to kill Timpuk because he sells nice yewellery items with skill boosts !
2)Take the blue teleporter right next to the entrance of the Svadilfari Cave, Camp Perilous, to go to Camp Victory & take that teleporter Camp Victory to go to Camp Harbour .
3) At Camp Harbour jump down (or take the elevator) and go inside the building > IRWIN + LEON .
4a) go to the Slayers Camp and Mindread the guard at a door that lead to Camp Pompous teleporter. Take this to Camp Penitence, set the destination of this telep to Camp High Hall and travel > NICOLAS .
4b) or take back the Camp Harbour telep to Camp Tiberius, fly to the Grand King Scrine and use this to travel to High Hall Scrine > NICOLAS
5) Take the High Hall Scrine to Plaza Scrine (Aleroth) > ZARNIYAR, PILCHER & MERCATOR .
6) Take back the Plaza Scrine and fast travel to Grand King Scrine to fly to the Dragon Cliff Castle > ARTEMAS .
7) Take the telep Camp Dragon Cliff to Camp Eagle's Nest VIA Camp Sentinel View OR Camp Courage > BEIRD + ABRAM .
8) From there you can choose to fast travel to your Battle Tower via your Stone or fly to Grand King Scrine and go to Master Chamber Scrine > SASSAN ; and GRIMM at your Necromancer's Platform.

Later on, when you can survive the battle in the Ministry in Aleroth (go via Scrine) - After that battle you can also trade with DEODATUS wink

I wish you many shopping-business-pleasure !
Ronja the Ranger Priest .

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Sorry, I wrote wrong things in my previous post. Let's say that was a "testcase". wink

In the meantime I've created a new trading route, named (in short term) "TT & TT" .
But first inform you that Quintus is in High Hall (fighting against a big Troll) and talking with him you can accept the quest and later on you can talk also to Brutus in Champion Harbour .
The third Zeppelin item is a Stabilisator .

To make the view of this post not too long I put the new TT&TT into spoiler tags. wink

The Travel & Trade Tour (TT & TT)

I'm busy to make a nice picture of it on a piece of paper (so maybe later on I can give a link to that picture or place it here). The previous name for this was 'The Trading Circle' and still this is a circle, so in fact you can travel & trade endless and you can start where you want to start ! biggrin

Here we go again:
  • Spread your wings and fly to ... Dragon Cliff Castle to start trading with ARTEMAS .
  • Take twice the teleporters (3 possible ways : via Camp Courage, Camp David or Camp Sentinel View) so you end up at Eagle's Nest > ABRAM & BEIRD .
  • Spread again your wings and fly to Grand King Scrine & make a visit to your Battle Tower via Master Chamber Scrine > SASSAN
  • Via the Scrine you go to the Plaza Scrine in Aleroth > ZARNIYAR, PILCHER & MERCATOR
  • IF you have already done the battle in the Ministry, go there to trade with DEODATUS
  • Take the Scrine to High Hall > NICOLAS
  • Now go to the Red Hammer Scrine and spread your wings to fly to the Svadilfari Cave > TIMPUK
  • After that take teleporter Perilous at the entrance of that Cave and fast travel via Camp Victory to Camp Harbour. Go down and inside Champion Harbour > IRWIN & LEON .
    (Camp Harbour is also the place where you can take the Zeppelin if you forgot something somewhere wink )
  • If you like, you can now use your Dragon Stone to visit the 4 servants, GRIMM & the 3 runners.
  • From Camp Harbour take the teleporter to Camp Tiberius, fly to Dragon Cliff Castle and start again this Travel & Trade Tour or spread your wings and fly to your next journey !!

Currently I'm now level 21, 3 skill points left. Invested more points in Charm, Blind and Curse so they fit with the level of the enemies I face at the moment and I don't need to change every moment my yewellery items with skill boosts :hihi:

Ragon is killed, I've just done my Travel & Trade Tour and it works great ! Now I'm very happy and have many Priestly-big-Pleasures laugh !

Signed,
Ranger Priest Ronja .

wave

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Time for another round .

After 4 months I'm quicker than ever, thanks to my Ghostly Ghost . I'm Level 24,5 now. Start my first Flying Fortress, Stone's one. I killed already Ragon, Alutiiq, Zagan and most recently Barnabus . Blinding his ally and focus on Barnabus together with my Creature and Ghost it was a fun to see him suffer ! hahaha
Blind, despite it's longer cooldown time, it's a great skill, the vicime is long enough blinded to kill him or wait & see (enjoy) how your creature or other allies kill him .

I've collected the seeds of two trees, Yigdrasil & Jievara . Finally I get my hands on the Aleroth Archmage Belt ! biggrin

Statistics :
3 skillpoints left, L 24 with 494877 XP, 61 quests solved and ca 9000 gold at the moment .

Naked are my stats : Vitality 36, Spirir 12, Strength 28, Dexerity 12, Intelligence 28 .
With gear on are Vitality & Spirit ca 15 points higher (average). Ca 20 empty charm slots available.

SKILLS
Code
Invested points  	Some of the extra Skills on Yewellery Ronja collected
Summ Ghost  	7	AMULETS                 BRACELETS 		EARRINGS 
Blind		3	Summon Ghost +2		Rush Attack +2		Hide in Shadows +2
Charm		4	Ranger Suprize +2	Splitting Arrows +2	Ranger Suprize +2
Curse		5	Healing +2		Explosive Arrows +2	Stun Arrows +2
Fear		4	Wirlwind +2		Regenerate +1		Thousand Strikes +2
Hide in Shadows 1	Mana Efficiency +1	Healing +1		Summon Demon +2	
Life Tap	1	Polymorph +1		Summon Demon +1		Mana Efficiency +2
M. Herbalist	5	....			....			....
Summ. Mastery	1
Healing		1
Lockpick	4
Stun Arrows	2

Each level I make my Priesly-big-Pleasure Travel & Trading Tour . Mostly two times because of all the nice looking goodies I can't resist, so my coinpurse is empty at the half of the Trade Tour :hihi: ... making money via selling founded loot and potions Allan make with all the herbs I bring him I can start another Trade Tour at the end of the level . smile

That Allan Brew come in handy. I still need to upgrade runner Dick, but from the moment I find a potion formula of level 10, I can finally spend my more than the 100 fanny blossoms and make a lot of money, upgrade Dick and some of my Priest skills.

A Priestly wave to all of you,

Ranger Priest Ronja

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Almost level 26 (ca 3900 XP left) while busy in Stone's FF, only the second building of this FF cleared now, the ground troups only so far .

Yesterday was my first try to play a pure Priest, but I failed because I can't resist to use stun arrows and also shoot normal arrows to assist my allies a bit to fasten up the battles .
And if I blind a victime that is alone, I don't neglet to take my Elder 2-handed Sword and slash that victime up close and personal biggrin !

But Charming I do all the way I can and it turn a losing battle in a winning battle !
My Creature, a fighter with level 9 fatality & rush attack (that's the reason I named my Creature "Rush Attacky") I always use in each battle. My Ghosty Ghost (yeah, Summon Ghost, now L9 (+2 from amulet) and Demonish Demona (Summon Demon L3 (+ 2 from Earrings) I can use one after the other (if his time is over or killed!).

Not any potion I've used in Stone's FF so far, thanks to Ghosty Ghost, Rush Attacky, Demonish Demona and some victimes I turn temporally into allies smile ... and thanks to Healing skill (L1) .

Now it's time for solving a quest, reach level 26 and go for another Travel & Trade Tour smile !

To be a Priest
Is big big Fun
To look at targets
Who starts to run
If I use Fearrrrrrr !!
hahaha

And using Blind is funny too
Then it seems the victime
Has drunk too much
:hihi:

So starting a battle as a Priest
Is one big playground, at least !

Greetings to all of you who follow the journey of ...
Ronja the Ranger Priest, Ghosty Ghost, Rush Attacky & Demonish Demona .

wave

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Dear reader,

I'm back with some update news wink

Yesterday Ronja became level 30 and go on and finished her Priestly ground battles in Keara's Flying Fortress, except Keara's headquarter . The most fun to kill, the Black Ring Generals Raze, Stone, Keara, etc ... I spare for later :hihi: ...
The next to go is Kali's FF ground battles or that in poisonous Broken Valley ...
Did nothing of the dragon battles in a FF so far ... that funny thing I wait with it ... you can imagine .... for another time .

Yesterday I stop using a bow, so unequip the Bow of Orobas and only draw a 1 handed sword I stool from Laiken and afterwards I found a Unique 1-hand sword !
The last battles it was very cool to only use Priest skills and only if needed (and I needed!) I use that sword. Since I always use a bow to shoot at barrels and crates to break them ...I now use a yewellery item with +2 to Wirlwind to break them ... in fact, much faster & easy that way smile !
Another yewellery item give me +2 to Thousand Strikes to fasten up some killings :hihi: ...

The only really handy Armor item for me as Priest (using many mana!) is the Belt of the Aleroth Archmage Set + another item of that set to have the bonus on the Belt (+ 5 to Mana Regeneration, really cool!!). So I wear the Bracelet that give + 1 to Hide in Shadows, also handy.

Mostly I start with some summons : my Creature and the Ghostly Ghost or Deadly Demon . After that I save my game and then use Hide in Shadows and throw myself in the middle of the battle arena biggrin ... If I really wish I can sit/stay and watch how my Creature & summon do the work for me ... but I've compassion so I give a helping hand :
I start to Charm a soldier or Healer ... jump to a Ranger and Blind him .. then I use curse curse curse ... When my Demon is killed or his tiem is over I summon the Ghost and vise versa ... and each time the cool down time of Charm or Blind is over I use it ! laugh

It's all big fun and while the battle is going on I can walk or run from lootbag to barrels or crates and take all the herbs growing etc ... even without using Hide in Shadows ... but sometimes it's better to have eyes on my back ! A Black Ring soldier or whatever with a strong warhammer doing a rush attack from behind me is very dangerous !!
And I forget to say how funny it is to use Fearrrrrrr ... biggrin

All goes very good playing a pure Priest ... the extra skills like Wirlwind, Thousand Strikes etc I only use via wearing a yewellery item ... and they're not needed to survive !
Healing skill is the only mage skill I invest always 1 point in. It's very handy if my Ghost is gone !
So I go soon to Hermosa to unlearn all skills for the first time and put no points in Stun Arrows anymore . And sell the Bow of Orobas and all the yewellery with a skill boost I can only use with a bow .

The next thing I gonna try is to search for typical Priestly gear ... not sure if that is possible or if I find for every equipment item such a Priestly nice thing I can put in all the Charms I already collected or bought ! I've many charms now, unused ...

Naked Ronja has 44 in vitality, 36 in Strength & Intelligence and 12 in Dexterity & Spirit.
After relearn all skills I go write down here my invested skillpoints and the points I've via equipment . wink

Till next time !
Ronja the Priest and all her allies starts wave to you with a big smile on their face biggrin

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Naked Ronja

hahaha The Adventures of Naked Ronja; that should be a book in another Divinity game! wink

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Naked Ronja

hahaha The Adventures of Naked Ronja; that should be a book in another Divinity game! wink

Ronja is only naked when she go to bed :hihi: ... in battle she's wearing pieces of armor, yewellery and a Priestly Sword or Bow ready to defend herself !

At this moment she's doing her TTT (Travel & Trade Tour) once more after leveling up to 34, so Flames of Vengeance is coming soon biggrin
But only Stone is dead, all other Black Ring gerenals are still breathing. Sorry, Geshniz & the Plant Gardner in poisonous Broken Valley are also "no more" ... hahaha ...
Sorry general Raze, but the next who's gonna die are you !

After unlearning all skills Ronja go for a almost pure Priest, except Fireball and 1 point in Firewall, Wirlwind & Healing .
So now at L34 I've 2 skillpoints left.

Invested points in :
Summon Ghost 12/13 (next point at level 35)
Summon Undead 11/13 + 1 if I wear the Aleroth Archmage Earrings (I prefer now the Undead above the Demon)
Summon Mastery 1/5
Lockpick 5/5
Master Herbalist 4/5
Charm 5/7 (next point at level 36)
Blind 5/8 (next point at level 35)
Fear 5/7 (next point at level 38)
Hide in Shadows 2/13
Fireball 10/13 + 2 from Earrings (13/13 possible at level 35)
Healing 1/5
Firewall 1/5
Wirlwind 1/5

EDIT : forgot to say why I spend a point in Wirlwind & Firewall :
Well, it's more handy & more fun to break barrels, crates, etc by using Wirlwind. And it's very funny to look at breaking crates ... using Firewall biggrin
Now I have many ways to break those down : unarmed, shooting with the bow, slashing with a sword, do a swirl attack with Wirlwind or burning them with Firewall ... all the variation, yesssss I like it !! hahaha

Wearing many nice pieces that give some extra's in a skill, like the Ring "Stardust" (+ 2 to Healing) and the Shield "Lion's Mana" (+ 2 to Sword & Shield Expertise). Found an unique 1-handed sword and many more Epic or unique weapons, to many to use all together :hihi: ...

Great journey & many big pleasures are coming with Flames of Vengeance ...
So far filled up already a few pages in Ronja's diary, in that book of Macbeth "The Adventures of Naked Ronja" wink ...

Greeting to all of you ...
from Ronja the Poetry Priest, Ghostly Ghost, Deadly Undead and Rush Attacky wave

Last edited by Joram; 03/04/12 01:45 PM. Reason: EDIT

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This early morning I take a short break before going to work.
A short break into DKS to look for the little chest, and what's in it, via placing all five invoker Jewels in a machine in Stone's FF .
Hmm .. more gold and an nice Divinie Charm of Heightened Reflex, my Epic Bow will be pleased to have it ! smile

Nightmare mode is still running and I never must lowered the difficulty so far ... smile
A Priest need many points in Vitality & also Spirit, but less because of the Aleroth Archmage Belt with the high Mana regeneration (if you're wearing at least 1 other piece of that Armor Set!).

Since I'm level 34 and many skillpoints awaits me in FoV .. I think I go invest points in Way of the Wise Wizard too and try that skill for the very first time. As a almost pure Priest I wish to try all the Priest skills one time, at least. At the moment I didn't invest a point in Curse. If I choose to stay with the Aleroth Archmage Set(A.A.S.) I can maybe invest in Ranger Surprize (the Amulet of that A.A.S. have 1 point in this skill), I like that skill more than Curse.

But maybe I try to change all equipment and go for another Set or No Set at all and take just what I find looking awesome !
Without the A.A. Belt I probably need the skill Life Tap to fill up faster Mana, but I already have 2 kind of yewellery with + 2 to Life Tap in stock wink
So many great Yewellery items with my favorite skills for making strategic steps on the battlefield (Hide in Shadows, Wirlwind, Firewall, Fireball, Healing, Rush Attack, Thousand Strikes, Life Leech, Regenerate, Summon Demon, etc ... ).

Take the Options
&
Make the Dicisions !

... which one first ?
:hihi:

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Jiiiihaaa !! Raze is killed, thanks to my Ghoulish Creature !! His Fatality skill L9 make the final blow before Raze had a second chance to go back to his healing chamber !
Whatever I try, each time I pull off the chambers via the levers they come back active ... so my best tactic was to put as fast as possible an end on Raze and hope my Creature is just in time ! After the thrid try I succeed ! But I really needed more protection, so I change some equipment to upgrade Melee and Magic Protection, use a strength potion, summon my Ghostly Ghost (I needed him!!) ... The Walking Armors are terrible, they stand in my way to find Raze ! Firewall is a good offense skill for them :hihi: ... Hide in Shadows is a good defensive skill... And also thanks to my Earrings with Stun Arrows +2, I stop Raze before he start to run to his healing chamber and best way was after the stunning arrow to attack him in melee combat and end with a Thousand Strikes (+2) ... or Wirlwind (+4 = +3 from a Bracelet!) and my Creature did the final Fatality blow ! smile
Good kitty claphands

Now, after all dragon combat in Raze FF I go to Keara's FF to first destroy all Ballista's etc and now the next who gonna die is Keara ! rpg002

I've almost forgotten I must still do the Moral Cave ('Mysterious Cave', correct?) ... and of course Kali's FF too ... Kali & all her earfight armies laugh ! At that time I believe I become a level 35 heroïn and can make a Travel-Trade-Tour, the last one before going in the Hall of Echoes !!

Note:
I used almost always the Charm skill, so I don't think you, the hero, loose many (or any?) XP's, comparing it with a playthrough without using Charm ... I take an eye on this case and see how far my heroïn's level/XP gonna be at the end of the Finale Battle wink

My previous hero Jurdenson was around level ca 35,7 without using Charm . and did the same with Wisdom, Mindreading and Quest rewards : don't use those skills and choose the Gold or other items and not the extra XP ... so I can compare both hero's with eachother .

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Good kitty claphands

kitty

Note:
I used almost always the Charm skill, so I don't think you, the hero, loose many (or any?) XP's, comparing it with a playthrough without using Charm ...

No, it always balances out in the end and especially with Flames of Vengeance's unending stream of enemies the minor XP 'loss' of Charm doesn't constitute an actual loss at all.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So playing a Priest is certainly from start of Ego Draconis to the end of FoV doable, even on nightmare mode smile
Not that this build is the most powerful one. I think not. I believe the Ranger build is the most powerful character.
But I love it to use non-Priest skill via skillpoints on equipment, especially Yewellery items are really fantastic pieces of great help !!!

And facing Raze, without some ranger skill(Stun Arrows) and warrior skill(Thousand Strikes, Wirlwind and/or Fatality(via Creature)) ... I believe this battle was almost impossible ... maybe with Summon Demon + Creature full upgraded and I constantly pulling the levers 'off' ? But Hide in Shadows has it's cooldown time and the Walking Armors sparring my way to see the lever(s) ! Really not simple, if you ask me :hihi:

I have tried Priest skill on the Walking Armors : Fear works and Blind too, but this last one helps a little since that chamber produce so many of them :hihi: ...
Charm didn't work on the Walking Armors ... and I can't Blind Raze (but that would be too easy then hahaha !)
Maybe Curse can be a good skill here, but I choose to not invest in this skill until FoV, because in FoV many extra skillpoints should come my way biggrin ... then it's time to invest in Curse .
and Way of the Wise Wizard ... .

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
On the 7th of april I succeed in the finale battle in Ygerna's Memory ... jiiihaaa!!
Only sad I missed 1 sac of loot that Zandalor dropped and he was the last to kill, but after the last is killed IMMEDIATELY the cutscene starts where you see Ygerna and Damian and the next part, Flames of Vengeance, is starting ... So Hope Larian fix this issue ... or, at least, give the (fe)male hero TIME to take all the loot the enemies dropped (btw: using Hide in Shadows give me this time the chance to take all the loot and the skill book, but not the very last one frown ) ... and can control the start of the next video, is that clearly ? wink

Now a new world of quests, many funny NPC's and lovely shopkeepers has come my way smile ! And I defenitely go further as a Priest, fantastic & fun to play for me !! Love it !! Give Divinity III also a Priestly character to START with, will you ? (asking to Larian developers) ... Many thanks in advance !!

What is strange I already experienced many times with the Priest skills:
When I try to Charm/Blind/Fear ... sometimes it didn't succeed (I than can read something like: "Can resist ..."), but try it immediately a second time on the same enemy it worked !

And I wonder if there is more the do in High Hall :
at the end 'Mona' have still a "?"-mark above her head ... her compagnon is running away and that funny Gobie stands there doing nothing but standing biggrin ...

Stupid me sell away the Gloves of Ulthring :hihi:
But in Fov I go for other equipment with higher level requirments ... smile
I've bought Maxos Mallet in Orobas Fjords from the traveling merchant. But now I already did a "talking & walking trading tour" at the Great Market ... mindreaded most of the shopkeepers and take a few new tasks on my logbook to solve laugh ...

Really LOVE this second part, Flames of Vengeance ... it's beatiful, it's so strong written : full of fantastic quests, happy tunes, very funny NPC's, lovely conversations, great quests and last but not least Tons of Humour !! claphands

Happy Poetry Priest Ronja &
all her allies ... Deadly Undead, Rush Attacky & Ghosty Ghost ...
... not to forget to thank you all, the charmed victimes, I used so far in this Majestic Masterpiece, Divnity II : The Dragon Knight Saga ! wink

veteran
veteran
I just finished my run of Dragon Knight Saga with an unarmed female warrior.

She didn't start out on Nightmare, but it was tough enough. I never really played Nightmare much until this time, and now I've realized something - the expansion is so much better if you up the difficulty to Nightmare after reaching level 40 or so. (Change from Normal to Hard at about 30.)

In Normal, I breezed through a lot of the expansion, it wasn't challenging much at all, but wow, was I surprised at how much more exciting and dangerous things got on Nightmare mode.

The fights with Bellegar's monsters were snoozes on Normal, but I actually ran out of time with the last one once. The boss fight against him was also surprisingly dangerous. And even though I was a level higher than Ygerna at the end, and even though I had over 1550 HP, she did crazy damage to me, and I died like four times fighting her.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I've changed my mind about "making notes" while playing a (rgp) game ! By me it was becoming too far making notes of many things :hihi: ...

In some way making too much notes get me out of the good mood & story that a game can give !
Only the really needed info I collect during a playthrough. For DKS it's handy to have a list of some items (Creature Body Parts, Formula's, ...) you've already collected .

Hope Larian Studios change such things in div Original Sin :
that we, gamers, can SEE which kind of formula's etc etc ... we already have collected if such thing is included in D:OS ?

Further on (on topic) I hope I can start soon again with Ronja the (Ranger) Priest in the Flames of Vengeance part, the most fantastic part with tons of quests & humour, in one word :
LOVELY !!!

@Stabbey:
Congratulations with your Unarmed Hero ! horsey

With my very first build (Jurdenson(a)) it was a peace of cake killing Ygerna, but now I remember back that I lowered the difficulty because of the part just before that battle I can't beat it (dying dying & dying again because I was TOO slow!!): the Escort Mission !

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Joram, Joram ... you darf too forget Ronja, your Heroïn in FoV !! She is still waiting somewhere in Aleroth !
But I, Joram, started in the meantime a new hero, a male Priest. Plus started a new hero in the FoV part also !
So what is this all about ?!? Playing with 3 different heroes at the same time period ?

Sorry to you all readers, waiting for a new update while you didn't know I was going to have some fun with two other heroes starting a new adventure while Ronja the Ranger Priest will fall asleep of boredom, standing all day & night on the same place !!
Shame on me .. shame

Hope Ronja did not change in a stone statue like Rhode ... :hihi:

old hand
old hand
I'm starting a new playthrough on nightmare as a Ranger.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Good luck to you, nightmare Ranger wink

My male Priest is now level 28, "Poem Priest" I've named him.
I've tried to find a Cuirass, Leggings, Belt, Helmet & Gauntlets that have the name "Priest" in it ! This is great to try and only my Gauntlets are a "Mage" one, but every level I do again a "Travel & Trade Tour of The Ten Thousand Traders" ... no no no , not sooooo much of course, it's just because it sounds more funky this way :hihi: ! hahaha

This time I've stopped to wear pieces of a Set (like the Archmage Belt etc!) because it feels a little bit like "cheating" when worn the Archmage Belt + another piece of that Set so the Belt gives + 5 Mana Regeneration per second (and more) !
Even without this boost and using many Mana as a Priest (Hide in Shadows, Charm, Blind, Fear, ... and Fireball as offensive spell), the Skill Mana Efficiency is a wonderful help !! Together with Lifetap it's already a looooong time ago since I need a Mana potion (or Healing potion, thanks to my Summon Ghostly Ghost!).

The only skills I've invested in are Priest skills, eccept Fireball and 1 point in Mana Efficiency & 4 points in Encumbrance * and 5 in Lockpick.

* way more easier to pick up all the goodies and I've now ALL the Books from Broken Valley & Sentinel Island taken with me to my Battle Chest, so if I'm hungry for letters I can read so many letters while Kirill play for me his lovely "Slavic Theme" ! smile

Happy Hero,
Poem the Priest
Fun, at least !

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi,
it's already 1 year ago since I started the journey of Ronja the Ranger Priest.
In the meanwhile I played a Mage Priest, do some 'testing' starting a new game with the add-on FoV (deleted this save game now) and around the start of october 2012 I'm playing with a Warrior Priest, the last(?) remaining option I wish to try. I've the feeling this time I go to the final end (Ygerna) with the ultimate build for me.

At the moment 'Wirlpriestly' is level 8.
Two things I don't wish to neglet :
1) never use any bow
2) always play Quest - driven : all the Quests I discover/accept from NPC's I try to solve one after the other, all the time ! Of course I replay DKS for the "I-don't-know-how-many-times", so I can plan a little bit which quest to do on a sertain level.

I never reload for better stuff from a vein or chest .
I go this playthrough for a Two-Handed Sword all the way and invest already a point in T-H Expertice. Not planning to start again a "collecting mania" of Formula's (potions, enchantments) ...
Don't wish to relearn all skills, so it's always thinking in beforehand about the skills my Warrior Priest really is planning to use frequently . And the collection mania for yewellery items with a skill boost is also more or less over :hihi: ... only those items I really use .

Nightmare mode is now a nice challenge !
I'm busy trying to make my way to Lovis Tower, but Oooo my, the Skeletons L8 are a pain in the ass hahaha ... like the Seekers Hating Troll L11 was ! Didn't remember this Troll was so hard to kill (but yeah, with a good bow and a higher level than L7 it's probably a piece of cake) ! The funny thing was that I used the Goblins from the Tribale Shrine and surounding area to helpp me kill the Troll (use Charm each time again). Especially the Warrior Goblin did many damage and after a while that Goblin was no more, but the Troll was also almost no more lol !
This appeared by charming a Goblin Chief too : the Chief killed a Healer Goblin while my heroïn is looking in a chest for loot :hihi: ...

Since I use no bow I didn't invest any statpoint in dexterity. I go for Strength and Intelligence (weapon damage & faster regeneration of HP & MP) & Vitality & Spirit too, but try to find those equipment items that give a nice high boost to Vitality/Spirit + charmslots filled with +2/+3/+4 bonus to both stats .
Enchantments I go for at the time I'm planning to kill Laiken or after taking over the Battle Tower. So now I sell back all the stones I find and only collect (and use) herbs.

So, now you all know what I'm doing in my free time wink
It's okay if Wirlpriestly come to the finale end of FoV at the time div Original Sin is a fact ... or later ...
"As long as I'm big fun, I've reason to be happy !" *
(* signed, Joram)

old hand
old hand
Almost 2 months later and I'm nearing the end of Ego Draconis as my nightmare Ranger. I would have completed it earlier if I wasn't going through Thief 1 and Dragon's Dogma again as well. Anyways, my ranger is LV 32 and pretty powerful with the ranger surprise and way of the ranger abilities. Nightmare wasn't as hard as I once said it was (I based these claims on the little parts that I did play on nightmare once) but there are some very difficult mobs especially on the Flying Fortresses.

I've probably died around 14 times throughout the whole playthrough. Baal was pretty difficult to defeat but I had no problems with Zagan (I did have problems with his allies but I managed to kill them *after* killing Zagan and then saving the game). I also find myself having to use the pause function to choose abilities to use and you definitely have to be more tactical on nightmare difficulty. Seriously, Divinity 2 is extremely fun on nightmare and once I complete the entire saga again, I'll be going back to Divine Divinity to play it on its hardest difficulty (which will probably be harder considering normal difficulty was quite challenging at times).

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard