Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, the nightmare mode is astonishingly less difficult playing a Warrior Priest ! smile
But still this nightmare mode give me the most satisfaction killing enemies !

In a rpg I always mostly love the quests, humour, nice & funny talks with npc's (and the mindreadings), skills & skillboosts to find on equipment, equipment and last but certainly not least: trading ! Killing is also fun, especially in DKS with my current build, the Warrior Priest, and on nightmare ! Really love it, more than I love to kill lots of enemies in DD ! The story of DD, and some quests too + the music is fantastic in DD, but the combat I like more in DKS for personal reason.
What I hope is that Divinity: Original Sin offer us more different kind of enemies than in DKS ! I hope Spiders, little devils, big rats or butterflies, wasp or bee, funny looking imps see the day/night in D:OS !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Finally a new update of my current gameplay:
the female Warrior Priest Wirlpriesly, here she stands before you ! grin

Naked stats on level 19 are :
Vit 35, Spi 11, Str 25, int 25 .
With all her gear on (not included Earrings, Amulet or Bracelet because she often switch between different pieces) her stats are :
Vit 49, Spi 17, Str 25, Int 25, but also boosting HP (+76) & MP (+59).

Skills (3 points left), invested points :
Summon Ghost 6 ; Fear 1 (+2 from Earrings if needed); Hide in Shadows 1; Charm 3; Blind 2, Life Tap 1; Summon Mastery 1; Master Herbalist 1; Mana Efficiency 1
Life Leech 1; Bleed 1; Regenerate 1; Rush Attack 1; Wirlwind 4; Thousand Strikes 1 .
Two Handed Weapon Expertise 4 .

Creature : bought by Grimm a Ghoulish Head Level 8, found a Torso L10, Goblin Arms L4 and Legs L6.

Weapon : (Legendary) Balanced Heavy Steel Flamberge of the Mage Priest (Mana Leech L5) with +5 to Strength and put a charm +8 to melee dam on it, gives melee dam 12 - 82 + 8, magic dam 4 - 25, CC 9 (+8 CC via Belt & Ring!).

Some Memorable Moments
Facing Amdusias wasn't easy because I was only L13 & I must be very fast before he kills me in one shot with his explosiv arrows! First a big healing potion, some resistance potion and potions to boost stats also, then jump and run and jump and run while my Creature (a ranger L3) bring up some distraction for a very short moment ... then Summon the Ghost, use Hide in Shadows while I run back to Amdusias, Rush Attack him and start to attack him with a level 10 TH sword and don't stop attacking him, but he use Stun Arrows too, so it was a luck I play this time "the distraction" so my Ghost has time to heal me and even then I remember using a second healing potion (not sure) ...
The fight was very heavy, but also very short !

After all open quests were solved in Broken Valley and Sentinel Island (I was ready to face Laiken & Razakel) I was level 17. The only thing I didn't yet was goiing back to the Bandit Camp to help the soldier's killing all the bandits. I count a little how much rabbits I had killed and knowing in the camp are at least 5 - 6 rabbits .... I count on all "luck" and go to the camp facing the bandits ... After the bandits were all killed I start killing rabbits in the hope the killer rabbit would appear now and luck (or not so lucky?) was on my side: after the third killed rabbit .. Aaaahhh, look, a very big big rat ! Noo, it's a rab-bite !! Run for your life !!
I did and funny thing is that the soldier's start to attack the Killer Rabbit(they did what I was hoping for!) while I watched the scene from upon a rock. Then I summon my Ghost and Rush Attacked the rabbit, use Thousand Strikes and Wirlwind, jump & run back on a rock and let the soldier's do more work for me ... use Life Tap and of course my Creature hurling fireballs too ... This way was more funny than shooting plenty of arrows with a bow ...

Facing evil Sassan, then Razakel & then Laiken + Razakel was never so fast done as before ! It was a pleasant suprize for Laiken I can imagine hahaha !
His Battle Tower ? No, mine Battle Tower !!!

After that fight it was time to chat with all my servants, reading all their minds and those of the trader's I traveled to ... and many more ....
It was also a time for meditation & philosophy together with Simeon ... I give him 2 Malachite Gems ... after I did my first TTT (Travel Trading Tour) in Orobas Fjords.
Forgot to say that there was a time of flying and Searching too :
found all the 9 Zeppelin parts and give them to Sepp.
Last I did was killing BIIIIIIIG TROLLLLS in High Hall and solve the quests bringing the Earth Mage a Chicken Rune ! (I used Hide in Shadows 1(+1 from yewellery item) running throught the cave behind the waterfall so I didn't need to kill any enemy their!) where I foudn that Chicken Rune.
O and besides, it's fun to jump in the middle of all the summoned chickens and use Wirlwind ! grin

wave

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I believe it's time to wake up one of my heroes in the Divinity Universe that is Rivellon at the times of the Dragon Slayers and a hero who become a Dragon Knight !

But who ? Wirlpriestly is suddenly searching for her mental coatch, me, but do not find me, Belgium isn't a part of Rivellon !
Ronja the Ranger Priest ? She's standing there somewhere nearby the stone statue of Rhode, being a stone statue too ! I asked already sooo many times Hermit to cast a magic spell on here to bring her back to the living people, but all Hermit do is speaking latin words or something .. but without any magical effects !

Who's next ? O, a neeeew heeeeerooo ? Yeesss ?
That's a fantastic idea ! Never such a brilliant idea as beginning a brand New Journey in Farglow !
Let's start !

After a few years I can start also a party and hope all my heroes will come and dance, drink beer or wine, or just water, a soda or 'jus d' orange' ( me oui, sa c'est bien ... pardon ? ) ... and hope my own heroes don't kill me because I let them wait for sooo long time !
oops

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Can't wake up and yesterday I discovered I forgot to name a hero or two laugh ! I can already play with them ... with the cards ! hahaha

No, nothing of this happended ... a new female hero start her new adventure in Farglow with no pants on :hihi: ... sell away all the starting gear (the Light Guard's equipment) & weapons too & start in Broken Valley with nothing but the Fireball spell and Unarmed combat to fight with.
By a vendor Primellina bought the "Deadly Beaded Necklage of Eternal Burning" that gives her the possiblilty to summon the Undead ! With the skillbook in Farglow she learned her first lesson how to pick locks and opened that chest nearby Alberic who's still trying to create a Perpetum Mobile or something of eternal turns ...
Growing up to level 2 Primellina learned from her Undead that there're Ghsots too in the "world of eternal restless beings" ... and so it starts out I'm now skilled enough to summon a Ghostly Ghost ! smile
And growing up to level 3 I'm still busy searching my memories to find the knowledge of new skills or increasing current skills, but so far my mind is a restless being too hahaha ! And th emost crazy thing is that I feel I can grow up a level more only killing one rabbit or one chicken !! Aaaahhh, this can not be !! eek

Lucky the sun is always shining in Broken Valley because with only a Necklage on ...
The simple rule is that Primellina may only buy an equipment item with a boost to a skill (especially Yewellery items) IF she immediately can make use of it and no "If ... than" ...
All the gear she find in barrels, chests or loot from enemies she may wear (or sell), but only if Primellina find that piece of equipment nice and it suits her taste or have the boosts she need (boosting Intelligence or mana regeneration is a must to have), otherwise sell it. No need to carry all that stuff with you !

So, this is the first part of a new loooong journey ...

Auf Wiedersehn / Tot ziens / Au revoir / See you later wave

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Seven years (levels) later ...

As I said, I just only killed one chicken at Jackson's farm and woopsy doopsy ... I gained new insights and become more skilled ! But I don't wanna make this story too long, so let's tell the most memorable moments :
Skill - wise I learned handle my mana pool more efficiently(Mana Efficiency L2 now) using most of the time magic and summons. And because of the two summons, "The Undead and the Ghost" are always helping me in battle they become stronger (Summon Mastery L1). I give the Ghost all the views of Broken Valley and dungeons too and in return he's so grateful to heal me more and more each time I need it (Summon Ghost L3). smile I'm not that strong as a man, but because of I'm a woman I use all my charms by traders and other people in Broken Valley so much that even a Goblin starts to fight for me ! (Charm L1) :hihi:

Equipment - wise I walk the first 5 years just only with pants on, nothing more . Maybe that's why the Seekers looking at me aaaall the time when I visit the Black Boar Inn the very first time !? Searching in the Lost Cavern was a good idea. My first hat found in a chest, the Wild Dwellers Helmet. Visiting the Tomb of Ghost Arben I found the Rivellon Guards Cuirass. My first leggings I choose as a quest reward at year seven: the Illusionist's Light Champion Leggings of Hope. Sounds very nice and indeed, also nice to look at walking, jumping, running, sleeping, eating with it ...

From David I receive his gauntlets, but found my first gloves in Arben's Tomb. Later I sell them. Louis' his Power Belt I'm still wearing.
I bought only new Earrings by Locke for a reasonable prize: the Hasty Fushia Droplet Earrings of the Snake Gods. With this earrings I can magical rush in and stand right before the enemies face ! Attack !!(Rush Attack +1)
Helping the Upton & his daugther Linda to kill Penumbra I get my hands on a nice piece, the Heroic Efficient Jewelled Bracelet of Static Charge: now drinking a small potions feels like drinking a large one, great ! (Potion Efficiency +2)
My first ring is given by Eugene. He didn't like Jackal's Ring, he prefer to swing with his Axe! :hihi:

Weapons aren't that important for a Mage Priest, but I just use what I find. First I found a shield in a corpse where I kill my first two Goblins. Later on a Goblin left behind a one-handed sword and later in the Lost Cavern another one-handed sword in a chest I used till the time I found my first two-handed sword (Flamberge) in the Secret Passage : a Legendary Steel Normal Light Iron Flamberge of the Mage Priest! Later on I found 2 other Flamberges almost at the same time in the Delerect Tunnels ! Spoken of luck, the second one I like most and use it now, selling away all other weapons & shield : a Magical Bear's Well-Crafted Heavy Iron Flamberge of the Vampire with Life Leech L3 & giving extra health of 27, great. From now on I only wish to use a two-handed sword and hope I learn to handle them even better a couple of battles later ....
For a very short time I used Hallorn's Ring, but give it away as evidence of killing him. Teh reward was also nice : my first bow : Rare Ashen Short Bow of Doom with extra damage on (ID3). I can handle bows thanks to the Champion David's Gauntlets wink ...

All the food and drink I find I eat & drink them, but give away with all pleasure 1 red apple, 1 healing potion and 1 mug of beer to 3 sleeping beauties laugh ! All Gems & Ores I sell till I can really make use of them. I'm still waiting for the day I meet an Enchanter. smile

I'm Locke's best client and maybe Gold is all I need to get rich hahaha ... "Money makes the world go round" ... yes ? I've now 8995 glitters of goldcoins in my pocket ! evil

Till next Year ... or later on, that depends on how much I can do, besides of flirting with Tim in the Black Boar Inn :hihi:
New advnetures of wonder & hot fire ... of the charming lady that is Primellina the Mage Priest .

old hand
old hand
How many times have you beaten the game Joram? I've beaten it five times.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The Ego Draconins part I've beaten at least 4 or 5 times, but the FoV part just 1 time to the final end. I darf not to staart FoV with a few heroes waiting for me to wake them up at the start of FoV part because I already know how addicted I can become with that part !! My sleeping time then become horrible low ... hahaha

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
A last moment of relaxing in the sunlight before I go kill Amdusias ! The Killer Bunny is no more and Sosostra run away as like the Devil got her !

Here she stands, Primellina the Battle Mage Priest, nearby the tombe of Penelope with a nice view of Lovis' tower.
She's wearing the Wild Dwellers Leggings & the Cuirass of Jurak. And look at her Heroic Necromancer's Gauntlets of Spiritual Power & her Two-Handed Sword the Bear's Flamberge of the Vampire.
Isn't she lovely ?

[Linked Image]

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Primellina looks great!

Don't forget to mindread Amdusias; that'll get her a shiny new helmet! smile

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
O no ... I don't wanna wear any helmet at all this playthrough because I like to see Primellina's hair blowing in the wind ... wink
I Already mindreaded Amdusias and got his helmet, but sell it to Locke, he really likes it! Now he can do more 'hocus pocus' ... stuff go out, more money comes in ... in a so much faster way ! biggrin

old hand
old hand
That reminds me...

Hair and clothing physics for Divinity 3. Make it happen Larian.

Oh and Ygerna wasn't that hard to slay on nightmare. I beat her first go. Mind you, she couldn't reach me, my summoned creatures made sure of that and I just fired poison and explosive arrows from afar at her.

The Divine and Zandalor were much harder bosses but FoV does make you way more powerful so that's why Ygerna becomes easy.

I think it's time for another Divine Divinity play-through now.

Last edited by Demonic; 20/04/13 02:59 AM.
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Demonic
That reminds me...

Hair and clothing physics for Divinity 3. Make it happen Larian.

Oh and Ygerna wasn't that hard to slay on nightmare. I beat her first go. Mind you, she couldn't reach me, my summoned creatures made sure of that and I just fired poison and explosive arrows from afar at her.

The Divine and Zandalor were much harder bosses but FoV does make you way more powerful so that's why Ygerna becomes easy.

Correct, Ygerna was on nightmare easy, the fight was over before I noticed it was started ! But yeah, my summons and creature do a good job too ! The Divine & Zandalor are indeed harder!

Originally Posted by Demonic

I think it's time for another Divine Divinity play-through now.

Ooooo Yeahhh !! Go for it Demonic !
My Primellina is now level 16, soon a new update will follow!
And it was the first time I killed Amdusias in one trip (without dying!) smile
Yes!, I've got him ... "Maxos!!" ! :hihi:

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
[Linked Image]

Two Ghosts and my Creature ... sixteen years (levels) are pasted now ... Busy with killing and Quests solving here on Sentinel Island !

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It's a very looong time since I write down here !
Back addicted to DKS !!!
Playing now a Battle Priest, Astrid Zola is her name and she's now level 26.
Focus on Priest & Warrior Skills only, except Lockpick and if I find a piece of equipment with a skill on I really gonna use, like my Earrings with Healing +2, for instance.

I was a very lucky hero finding a bracelet with the skill Thousand Strikes +1 before the fight against Amdusias so with my Ghost, Creature (but didn't found a ghoulish head) and the skills Rush Attack & Thousand Strikes ... Amdusias was fast stone death!!
Skillpoints invested so far :
Priest skills :
Charm(4/5), Life Tap(3/5), Hide in Shadows(1/5), Master Herbalist(3/5), Summon Mastery(3/5), Summon Ghost(8/10), Sommon Demon(4/10) (Summon Undead I used in the beginning via a bonus from an amulet) & maybe later on take Blind too.
Warrior skills : Whirlwind(8/10) !, Rush Attack(3/5), Thousand Strikes(5/10) & maybe later also Regenerate if I've skillpoints left ...

Stats (without gear) :
Strength & Intelligence: both 34
Spirit & Vitality: both 22
Dexterity : 5
Especially gear on that boost my Spirit & Vitality & buying charms of str, int, vit, spirit & some dex ....
Use this time only 1-handed weapons + shield and a bow, but no 2-handed melee weapon !

Trading in the Orobas Fjords, I love it ! My Travel Trading Tour is still in use ! :hihi:

Till next time !

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yay! smile

DKS is one of those games that keeps calling me back too. I wish there was more of it to explore... For me, Broken Valley remains my favourite bit, though I can see why you like the Fjords.

J'aime le fromage.
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I like the whole DKS . Each aera (Broken Valley, Fjords, Aleroth (FoV) ) on it's own has their very good parts & some less wel parts ...
This time I really gonna play till the final end: killing Ygerna ! laugh
I just play now my most favorite build with the skills I love most, although there're more skills I do not use now I also love I must honestly say, but I wish to focus this time on less different kind of skills, but specialize more in each skill I go for and I realize that's way stronger than making a mess ... :hihi:

On this moment I play not on "nightmare mode", but maybe later on I will do ... now I play on hard, starting on normal. Some dangerous enemies like Zagan in the High Hall Well Cave I lower the difficulty a bit.

I love the trading part in rpg's, especially in the Larian games !! That's indeed one of the reason's I love the Fjords .... and because I love to fly and burn down towers of the Black Ring hehehe !!
hehe

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Actually, getting to Ygerna reminds be that there's one part of DKS I don't like, and that's the bloody Zeppelin escort mission! I know some people walked it, but I found it incredibly difficult and it took loads of attempts. It was even harder than keeping the hordes of spooks, gremlins and creepy-crawlies away from Zandalor during his interminable spellcasting!

I also love stuff like trading, as well as exploring and meeting people. I miss it in games where I can't just randomly wander off somewhere of my own volition. It's much nicer to be a part of a living world rather than a "the world is your shooting gallery" type of game! Especially as Larian's worlds always have randomly interesting or amusing stuff to discover.

As far as the difficulty goes, the original Ego Draconis even on easy was pretty much anyone else's nightmare setting! I don't think I've ever died so often. :o

J'aime le fromage.
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, the Zeppelin Escort mission is annoying difficult ! And then Ygerna was so easy ... max 10 seconds and that fight was over ! End of game .
After reading some hints & tips on the forum boards here I succeed in the escort mission, otherwise ....

You mean that fight in the Aleroth Ministry with Zandalor and Deodatus ? I'm planning to do that quest as soon as possible so I can trade with Deodatus too LOL !
Still many open quests and so far nothing done in the Flying Fortresses(FF) ... but next playround I'm planning to start in Stone's FF ...

I'm also wondering how many gamers still play DKS.
I've the Ego Draconis dvd also (Xbox), but only play the DKS (also on Xbox) version now ... I've tried to play DKS on pc(the Developers Cut), but I'm sooooo clumsy with mouse (and keyboard) if the fights are real-time combat ...

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I definitely had to read up on various tips and tricks to complete the Zeppelin mission! I don't think I would've ever survived otherwise. I was rather bummed out when the Zeppelin in question got into trouble near the end, but after trying a couple of times I concluded that it was probably fated to happen that way anyway. Ygerna was definitely easy in comparison, but she still gave me a bit of a kicking!

And, yeah, it was that battle in the Ministry with Mr Deodatus (well remembered! I didn't) that I was referring to. First time through ED, I got completely stuck here and had to go away and sulk for several months. Though that's a fairly regular occurrence with me: discovering that not every fight in Morrowind was a fair fight for some noob fresh off the boat meant a three month sulk; Bioshock Infinite's daft save system caused me to sulk for nearly a year; The Witcher's encounter with the wolf thingy in the Outskirts made me want to throw my PC out of the window. etc. All my favourite games, but all with a generous measure of frustration.

Ego Draconis was definitely a lot more difficult than DKS. I'm quite ambivalent about the changes made to the fortresses in transition: in ED they were actually quite a lot more interesting than in DKS, but the could be so, so frustrating...

J'aime le fromage.
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I find the fortresses a lot more enjoyable in DKS, but that's my experience of course wink

Yesterday I've tried starting that battle in the Ministry, but Astrid Zola is just 1 or 2 levels too low for that battle so she gonna do further other area's first.
At the moment she's in the Sinister Cave* ....
.... for a "meet & great" with Barnabus :hihi:

* enemies with level 22, so sure the jumping puzzles in the cave are way more dangerous to fail than getting killed by an enemy!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard