Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this and it has been frustrating for me because I need to reset scarletts abilities since I made her wrong. I am getting mixed answers on how many sourcestones you need in order to unlock "homestead".

I have got 2 elemental portals, as some search results suggested but I do not have the ability to reset.

How do I reset my skills? I assume something got changed in EE, but every search result is from like 2014.

Support
Support

You can reset your skills after opening the Hall of Darkness. With 2 elemental portals open, that will be next.

Note that the full reset also means unlearning all skills, including those from rare or hard to find spell books.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Raze

You can reset your skills after opening the Hall of Darkness. With 2 elemental portals open, that will be next.

Note that the full reset also means unlearning all skills, including those from rare or hard to find spell books.

I am confused what you mean by unlearning all skills, I did it last night and was able to retain all of my skills? Was that a bug?

Also, I can't reset any of the followers that come with the party, they will only talk to the "master".

Last edited by Deyadissa; 02/01/16 05:07 PM.
Support
Support

Respecing is only available for the main characters.

If you choose Moloch's option to redistribute your talents, abilities and primary attributes, that should result in you loosing almost all of your spells or skills (excluding 'Special' ones like Death Knight Bane or those you know from equipment).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Was the issue with there only ever being one of certain skill books ever fixed?

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Raze

Respecing is only available for the main characters.

If you choose Moloch's option to redistribute your talents, abilities and primary attributes, that should result in you loosing almost all of your spells or skills (excluding 'Special' ones like Death Knight Bane or those you know from equipment).

0 of our skills are lost. We even get to keep the skills that we don't even have points in anymore. I have 0 scoundrel with 2 adept traits.

So I am confused with most skill being removed when both of us didn't lose a single skill.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Luckmann
Was the issue with there only ever being one of certain skill books ever fixed?

I think that was changed. Using 'fixed' implies it was not deliberate to have unique skill books.

Originally Posted by Deyadissa
0 of our skills are lost.

Are you playing the console version? Maybe there is a difference between that and the latest PC version. I don't recall what version the game was at when I first tried respecing; I think it was a couple updates ago, though.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Yep, I am playing the PS4 version. I hope they don't fix that if thats the case XD

A
stranger
stranger
A
I would be interested in hearing more about this on the PC version, or else simply making the suggestion that we be allowed one respec not for free but that retains skills. I get that you don't want to let people just morph into whatever type of character is convenient, but there's no way way at all that somebody can know at level 3 what kind of build they'll want at level 20. If indeed you can already do this without losing skills, that's great!

G
addict
addict
G
Retain skill is quite dangerous due to possible tricky builds. Skills should be stripped but transformed to books to be able to re-learn.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard