Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Pekz0r
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
I want to adress this here. This is the official forum.
Then why we need to know the news first hand from game review sites?? Or X?
Why there is no communication toward us.
In this way bg3 forum feels like a wasted time and opportunity.

Twitter/X is also an official channel and it is a lot more suited for short updates and announcements than the forum.

Not everyone is on ex-Twitter. Also, that's a third party social media site. This is supposed to be their official forums. They should use it.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? Arewethereyet? *runs about in excitement*

B
old hand
old hand
B
The fact they release info on X says a lot about (i) how much effort they are willing to put into communicating with their audience - a couple of sentence tweet takes a lot less time than updating a website; and (ii) who they see as their target audience - they aren't interesting in DnD fans or even RPG fans, just the novelty, short attention span crowd.

Z
addict
addict
Z
I actually think i got more attention from Dubai girls then from the community team.
But I doubt they care or they will improve later.
I layed my eyes on this forum for years. And I cannot remember any dev responding to a thread.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 22/09/23 11:46 AM.
J
J
I don't need them to respond, I just need them to fix stuff laugh

Last edited by Jones76; 22/09/23 11:57 AM.
veteran
veteran
translation = Larian forgot about testing to push it out a day early... clearly that fell flat on its face and now [we hope] for a day after

expect bugs

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
old hand
old hand
I actually think i got more attention from Dubai girls then from the community team.
But I doubt they care or they will improve later.
I layed my eyes on this forum for years. And I cannot remember any dev responding to a thread.

With that Dubai crap Larian is trying to fool us, distract us and keep us busy so we don't bitch so much... Sry a conspiracy tadpole was nibbling at my ear. smile

stranger
stranger
According to my time zone, I already have one foot on Saturday the 23rd..... And there's still no patch.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Dzen
According to my time zone, I already have one foot on Saturday the 23rd..... And there's still no patch.
If it will drop the same time as patch 2, then it will drop 4pm gmt (greenwich mean time). What time it will release for you depends on what 4pm gmt is in your country.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by edithapa
Originally Posted by Dzen
If it will drop the same time as patch 2, then it will drop 4pm gmt (greenwich mean time). What time it will release for you depends on what 4pm gmt is in your country.

Late. Some patch notes would tide me over till tomorrow, though.

I want to adress this here. This is the official forum.
Then why we need to know the news first hand from game review sites?? Or X?
Why there is no communication toward us.
In this way bg3 forum feels like a wasted time and opportunity.

I agree but these forums time out most of the time and the engine is outdated. It's not even possible to get notifications (except by email) or follow passed discussions.

Larian need to address this issue before making their official communications only here. If people can't read it because the servers are giving up, it won't help. ;-)

Sadly, it's been like that for 3 years or more and they haven't done anything yet, so I'm not optimistic about it.

(and no, it's not my connection, there are entire threads about the problem)

EDIT: As proof, I had to post this message 6 or 7 times before it was accepted, because of some "database error"...

Last edited by Redglyph; 22/09/23 02:10 PM. Reason: bug in forum editor
addict
addict
Even Blizzard doesn't really put updates to most things on their forums, nor does Square Enix.

Square uses Twitter and it's Mogstation page, and Blizzard uses Twitter.

It's easier to post an update during the busy day from your phone while dropping a shit.

veteran
veteran
Twitter works perfectly for communicating quick information. That's what the platform is for. It allows Larian to engage with their community, and they do a consistent job. It seems to work really well for a massive number of people.

I'm not sure where the hate is coming from.

It's clear Larian pays attention to the threads here. It's rare that they respond directly to any of the threads, but it has happened.

That said, I think these forums function more as a think tank for the community. We come in here and throw out ideas and suggestions. We debate one another. Every now and then, maybe something good comes out of our efforts.

I guess what I'm saying is that some platforms work great for generating memes, which helps marketing. Some inspire enthusiasm. Some are great for releasing information. We all seem to gravitate toward where we best belong, as far as I can tell. For instance, I'm a regular here, and while I always check Twitter for updates, I never post there. It's not my wheelhouse.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Twitter is indeed great for that purpose, but since it was changed to a certain unnamed rich man's pet project with the strange innate obsession of a certain letter in the alphabet, you can not see all that information without being logged in. Many people including me don't subscribe to having an account on that website, for one reason or another.

I'm here on the official Larian forums, which should by default be the first place to go to for firsthand information about their products. No hate, just a suggestion for Larian that maybe they haven't considered.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
It's here! Yay!

N
stranger
stranger
N
It's out, boyz.

stranger
stranger
Patch is live guys, happy bug hunting

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Joebro
Twitter is indeed great for that purpose, but since it was changed to a certain unnamed rich man's pet project with the strange innate obsession of a certain letter in the alphabet, you can not see all that information without being logged in. Many people including me don't subscribe to having an account on that website, for one reason or another.

I'm here on the official Larian forums, which should by default be the first place to go to for firsthand information about their products. No hate, just a suggestion for Larian that maybe they haven't considered.

I guess, I don't know. I suppose that's one of the problems you get when you boycott something. If you boycott Chik-fil-a, for example, you don't get to eat their sandwiches.

I'd argue that the information is there, ready to be had if you want it.

Otherwise, the information does make its way here. Almost always within the same day.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Joebro

Exactly this. It is not realiable anymore without account. No information should go sites which are not accessible without account.

We are all heroes, you and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
D
stranger
stranger
D
Huge agree. Why do I have to go to another site for news, information, etc on the game and not their official website?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard