Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - Technical & Gameplay Problems Jump to new posts
Re: Huge internet lag when hosting multiplayer game hermany6 6 hours ago
As it happens exactly when another player joins, look at the network/router side before blaming the laptop hardware. The fact that joining someone else’s game works normally also points in that direction. The upload dropping below 1 Mbps is the biggest clue. I’d check whether the router is struggling with NAT/UPnP or bufferbloat when the game starts sending more traffic. Since you already tried wired, Wi-Fi and a phone hotspot, I’d also test with all VPNs, third-party firewalls and network monitoring software disabled. If the problem still happens through the phone hotspot, that would make a normal router configuration issue less likely and I’d focus more on the game’s hosting/network code or the Windows network stack.
2 4,480 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - General Jump to new posts
Re: BG3 Fan Fiction SPOILERS and POTENTIAL SPOILERS GM4Him 6 hours ago
Update: Divinity Apocalypse: Part 1 Chapter 1 is now published.

This is the beginning of the final book of the saga. And yes, the name of this final fanfic book is a shout out to Larian. I partially chose the name "Divinity Apocalypse" because of their Divinity games. However, it was also a fitting title for this final book, and I'm sure you'll see why before it draws to its final conclusion.

And yes, this is the final book in the entire saga. The Demon Hunters began it all, followed by the Afflicted - though the two were written at the same time because of the Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous games. Nevertheless, from a story perspective, Demon Hunters begins the tale. The Afflicted is the continuation. Hellraisers is the sequel to Baldur's Gate 3, and Divinity Apocalypse is then the sequel to Hellraisers. It wraps up the entire story, showing how they all intertwine into one grand epic.

Hope you enjoy it!

BG3.75 - Divinity Apocalypse (Fanfiction)
Baldur's Gate 3.75: Divinity Apocalypse - an original fanfic story that is a sequel to Baldur's Gate 3 Fanfic: Hellraisers. It picks up immediately after the events of Hellraisers, which immediately took place after the events of Baldur's Gate 3. Characters from the previous fanfics - Zeth, Kieralyn, Jade, Trynn, Dyce, Ivrini, Fiovay, Kai, Aelun, Vlyn, and the other members of parties throughout the entire saga - travel to other worlds including Eberron, Krynn, Mystara, Birthright, and the dreaded Dark Sun. Their quest is to collect the black obelisk fragments, restore the seven obelisks, and undo the cataclysmic magic that was unleashed over a hundred years ago.

Here is the link to the blog site: https://baldursgate3hellraisers.blogspot.com/2025/10/baldurs-gate-35-hellraisers.html
240 141,414 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Technical & Gameplay Problems Jump to new posts
Re: Crossplay online services not working hermany6 Yesterday at 05:35 PM
As it started right after the router died, I’d look at the new router/network before assuming there’s a problem with the game servers. Crossplay can depend on NAT and certain connections being allowed. Check the router NAT type and make sure UPnP is enabled. I’d also try connecting the console/PC through a phone hotspot for a quick test. If crossplay works over the hotspot, then the router or ISP connection is almost certainly the thing to investigate.
1 846 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Suggestions & Feedback Jump to new posts
Re: Add blinding smite to bard magical secrets hermany6 Yesterday at 02:27 PM
I can see the appeal, especially for a melee-focused Bard. Magical Secrets has plenty of useful options, but having Blinding Smite available would give the build a more interesting melee choice instead of relying mostly on the usual picks. It would also fit the Bard pretty well thematically. Even if its too late for an official change, it would be a nice option for a mod.
1 305 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Latest News Jump to new posts
Re: Small Hotfix - Version Number: 4.1.1.7631656 Halycon Styxland 30/09/26 10:27 PM
Its of course not unplayable by any means.
4 3,389 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Modding Jump to new posts
[PS5 Mod Request] Additional Tadpoles / Mind Flayer Parasite Specimens honestcapricorn 30/09/26 09:22 PM
Hi! I wanted to put an idea out there in case any modders might be interested in making something like this.

I'm looking for a PS5-compatible mod that allows the player to obtain additional Mind Flayer Parasite Specimens/tadpoles, ideally enough to unlock all of the Illithid Powers through the normal Illithid Powers menu.

It wouldn't necessarily need to provide an infinite number of tadpoles. A large supply would be perfectly fine. Alternatively, something like a repeatable spell or action that adds one specimen at a time would be great.

I've tried using a Duplication Chest mod, which normally lets you place an item inside and creates another copy of it. Unfortunately, the parasite specimens don't appear as selectable items for the chest, presumably because the game handles them differently from ordinary inventory items once the Illithid Powers system is available.

I've seen PC cheat mods with functionality for adding tadpoles, so I was curious whether something similar could be accomplished using the official BG3 Toolkit in a way that would be eligible for mod.io and PS5.

I'm not a modder myself, so I don't want to assume how simple or complicated this would actually be to implement. I just thought I'd put the idea out there in case someone finds it interesting or knows of an existing console-compatible mod that I've overlooked.

No expectations or demands whatsoever. I'd just really appreciate it if anyone wanted to take a look at the idea. Thanks! 🙂
0 73 Read More
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5