Larian Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - General
23 minutes ago
First of all, DoS systems are out of the table. The game will use official 5e rules and lore for everything that those rules cover, like summoning(They have WoTC collaborators working with them to make sure of it), with some adaptations to a videogame, or at least that´s what they said in all the interviews and gameplays.

Second, BG3 it´s a videogame. I doubt you will have the +100 druid/polymorph shapeshifting forms nor the +100 creatures you can summon with "Conjure animals" and "Summon fey/celestial/fiend, etc", summon spirit spells or create undead spells; but I hope they will allow the players to have some variety.

Right now the summonning spells and polymorph spells were not showed in the gameplay, so we do not know much about how it´s going to be:

Can you summon outside combat? can you polymorph your summons? can you talk to them if they have a language? Do you need actual corpses to create undead like in pnp? Are they going to nerf the duration of some spells like Awaken(It lasts for 30 days)? etc.

Ed: We were discussing some ideas in this thread the other day too that could apply to your thread too Summoning builds

1 29 Read More
33 minutes ago
After extensive research, I have found that there is no unifying creation myth for humans. The most I got from the origins of humanity is that we were one of the 5 original creator races that inhabited the ancient world, alongside the Aearee (Bird People), the Batrachi (Amphibian People), the Sarrukh (Lizard People) and the Fey. All the other races who came to Toril/Abeir was the result of gods placing them thereafter they were created.
I also read a legend that apparently when Asmodeus was still an angel he was the angel of a god known as He Who Was, who reportedly created humans, then Asmodeus killed him during the Dawn War and we've been up for grabs ever since. Again hard to tell the truth with Asmodeus.
I wonder if this why only Humans of all the mortal races are the ones who have managed to obtain divinity/godhood in some form or other as a handout to level the playing field. Still interesting topic.
44 1,427 Read More
1 hour ago
Two words: Multiplayer mode.
It´s easier to code for both if you do it that way instead of giving group orders.
19 267 Read More
General
1 hour ago
I've been having a dig around in the books.000 file to get the raw text of the lore books and came across a couple of Thelyron's diaries and a whole text in German. I don't recall seeing these in the game itself and the length of the German text is really unusual. Does anyone know if these texts made it into the game, or were they cut?
0 7 Read More
4 hours ago
LOL
3 83 Read More
5 hours ago
Creativity and imagination are the greatest weapons that any RPG can utilise to make a great game. Especially if they are adapting a tabletop RPG like DnD. High-level spells like Wish can be game-breaking if implemented poorly it is true, but I have rarely played many adventures where the characters reach that level of power, most games I have played have ended with the party at level 10 or 15 at most and rarely reach the 20 level margin where you suffer the Superman effect, of where your characters are so ridiculously powerful what could conceivably and realistically challenge them.
12 324 Read More
5 hours ago
01010111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01110101 01101110 01100111 01100101 01101111 01101110 00100000 01001101 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01100100 01101111 00111111
16 397 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
6 hours ago

Several people have reported this problem, at least in a couple cases with his former master showing up dead in the cave after being healed.
1 23 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Bugs & Technical Problems
6 hours ago

This is a known issue, which will be fixed in the next game update (no ETA yet). The 'MISSING DATA' entries should have been blank lines.
1 17 Read More
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by Tarorn
Originally Posted by Dulany67
I will definitely buy for EA, but I'm pretty good about playing once and uninstalling. By the time the game is released, I'll be ready to play through Act 1 again and it will be relatively fresh.

I may have a tough time uninstalling after playing it - hopefully Dark Alliance or Solaster Crown of the magister come out inbetween time..

Cyberpunk 2077 will be released in November and it would be commercial suicide to go up against it. That leaves BG3 a 3-month window between early access in August and possible earliest full release in October the way I see it. Given a Larian lead designer recently stated there would be a "massive, massive amount of things to do", possibly X-Mas would be more realistic or this time next year even! Loads of games coming out by then. Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is likely releasing sometime before Cyberpunk. Not too impressed with what I've seen so far, but liked the Troika original.
19 670 Read More
12 hours ago
5E handbook specifically states that warlocks can have antagonistic relationships with their patrons. I see no reason why a Neutral Good character, pressed into desperate circumstances and with no other options, can’t make a deal with a devil, selling their soul and damning themselves in exchange for power and knowledge. Also, a warlock doesn’t need to summon their patron. Rule book says the patron can approach them first.

There are no alignment restrictions in 5E, specifically to encourage role play. Want to be an Evil paladin or a Lawful barbarian? Have at it. So a warlock who is a reluctant agent for a fiend, chaffing under the moral compromises they have to make in this service, is totally a legit character.
29 661 Read More
14 hours ago
[And it is this that bothers me the most about this game. I know some people here want to label me as just a TB hater, but the whole TB combat system issue is actually quite far down my list of things that bother me about this game, which in rank-order are:
Game is being made for co-op play firstly, and single-player is very much secondary
Game looks and feels too much like D:OS (this issue thankfully seems to be going away)
Poor/uninspired crop of companions
Party size reduction to four
TB combat[/quote]

I dont agree with you there...
Turn based because its what Larian do anyway - they always wanted to do the next D&D game & turn based is what D&D is - it may not be what BG1 & 2 are but thats from 20 years past & now its another developers vision (& I suspect WOTC - if they thought RTWP was the thing to do then they'd be doing it ...).

How can you make any serious judgement on the companions with what we've seen so far ? give it a chance first....

Im happy with 4 party members but I can understand those who want larger parties - I think looking at the game itself they are just going to deep to allow for 6 i.e cost to much - then again maybe with enough feedback by release of the finished game 6 might be in ...

Clearly you care about the game - maybe you'll become a TB convert - or failing that you'll have a better idea of what might be improved in EA - I think Larian are trying (after that last interview with Rock, Paper, Shotgun) to speed combat up abit & find some middle ground so its got a broader appeal. With any luck we wont have to long to wait & find out..
1,028 41,609 Read More
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
will do!
5 92 Read More
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Dulany67
It think it's unlikely to support Windows 7. That doesn't mean it won't work on 7, but we will have to wait for the game.

Why? Has it been confirmed as DX12 only for Windows?

Don't forget that it is also a Stadia game, which means it works on Linux using Vulkan. It may even require Vulkan on Windows, unless Larian have said otherwise.
19 920 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
Yesterday at 08:08 PM

Did you try lowering or raising the graphics settings, or switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that would make a difference?

Maybe try doing a clean boot and then test respecing. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

If you email supportdos2@larian.com with your save (or reply/PM/email a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) I can check it here, and reset everything. If you didn't keep playing after trying the mods it would probably be better to use a save before then, otherwise include the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.
3 73 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Help/Tips/Tricks
Yesterday at 08:26 AM

You weren't the one deleting floods of spam.
9 2,406 Read More
Yesterday at 08:17 AM
for computer RPG games, I have a practical reference to measure a great storytelling game (again I will mention Planescape Torment)

Because this was the first game, if I remember well (1999, before BG2 was released) where I chose not to min/max a Warrior for combat.

I played as dual class, Fighter->Mage, and I started with low Strength on purpose.

Once I understood that game was about story and the characters (I was never upset that the characters´stories were all pre-made),
I deliberately chose to improve mental stats. Why? Because the producers of that game restricted the best story answers and dialogues for higher mental stats. And I wanted my experience to
focus on the story. Of course, towards the second half of the game you become very strong as a Mage, you meet 2-3 tanks to fight for you, and I think you even find some magical item for Strength.

overall... DOS 2 was a cooler, evolved combat experience, whereas Planescape was a cooler storytelling experience. I enjoyed both indeed.

as for inducing changes in gameplay...DOS 2 induced some changes too: recognizing the value of Persuasion, of elements combination, terrain/ barrels for combat, and of course teleportation.
3 had self-teleportation, except the protagonist, and 3 could teleport others...haha.
(if my group was a british rock band, it would certainly be called "The Teleporters")
164 3,980 Read More