Divinity Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - General
5 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Savuyar
I'm a conservative gamer - slapping the space bar to manage the combat in the original BG games while keeping an eye on the status box still seems exhilarating to me.

Yeah I feel the same way. That combat is too "chaotic" is the criticism of RTwP that I especially just cannot relate to. For me combat being chaotic is precisely what makes it interesting and entertaining and realistic and yes, exhilarating. A good combat system should be sub-optimal, messy, chaotic, and imperfect in terms of battle results.
17 327 Read More
30 minutes ago
Something I'd like to see for BG3 is random stats. I know most games these days go with point buy systems, but to me, a D&D game starts with rolling those dice to see how strong and smart I'm going to be. I'd even like to see Larian go the BG games one step further and let me roll my stats before I choose my class and race.
25 529 Read More
About this website
1 hour ago
Thank you.
2 7 Read More
1 hour ago
I'm similarly very concern as well. I'm sure many of the baldur's gate fans are equally concerned. I really don't wish to see the Baldur's Gate slapped with a Original Sins clone.
4 41 Read More
4 hours ago
Actually I wasn't that impressed by the character creator in Oranges. Not least as it was practically impossible to see what your character looked like given the terrible lighting, but even having redone it several times in the editor, they always seemed to look basically the same in game.

I'm not 100% convinced I ever encountered a character creator I was entirely happy with, though. DA2 was just as bad, as were all of the Mass Effects. FO3 and Skyrim were a bit like trying to manipulate moulding clay with chopsticks while wearing boxing gloves. Oblivion and FO4 were a bit better but I suspect only if that's what you were looking for, and still fiddly. Saints Row in its various forms was claimed to be awesome but seemed to suffer the same sort of thing. Same with Sims.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked to see more options with the Original Sins but I suppose at least they saved me the bother of spending ages trying to get my character looking just right only to discover I couldn't do it and it didn't make much difference anyway.
2 38 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Bugs & Technical Problems
5 hours ago
Same issue on Arx, last things I remember doing is releasing Karon to meet him with Lucian (out of curiosity) I do not remember if I killed the 3 trolls before then or not to get the painting but I am really annoyed that I cannot do any fight, whether it is the Lizard Revenants + Dream Realm, Kemms battle for Arhu, or the Doctor. It only happens when I have my created character in battle so that must be the issue.
2 639 Read More
7 hours ago
All of the core races will be in, it wouldn't be a DND game otherwise.
Dragonborn
Dwarf
Elf
Gnome
Half-Elf
Half-Orc
Halfling
Human
Tiefling
3 142 Read More
9 hours ago
I still think NWN1 is superior to NWN2 except for Mask of the Betrayer.
8 307 Read More
9 hours ago
Where's the option both/either?
64 1,328 Read More
9 hours ago
I'm a bit torn on this happening.
On one hand, I can't see Wizards being too happy about it for some reason.
On the other hand, I think at the success of Aurora.
1 56 Read More
11 hours ago

I'll check if this is a known issue.
1 27 Read More
Troubleshooting
18 hours ago
Windows 10 1903
32GB 3200MHz
2080Ti

Event Viewer

First Error: .NET RUNTIME

Application: DivinityEngine2.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at <Module>.ls.Visual.AddMaterial(ls.Visual*, ls.MaterialResource*)
at LSFrameworkPlugin.PreviewPanel..ctor()
at LSFrameworkPlugin.PreviewPanelBasic..ctor()
at EoCPlugin.EoCPluginClass.Start()
at LSToolFramework.PluginService.Start()
at LSToolFramework.ServiceManager.StartServices()
at Glasses.GlassesApp.InitServices()
at Glasses.GlassesApp.Init(Glasses.SplashScreen)
at <Module>.main(System.String[])

Second Error: Application Error

Faulting application name: DivinityEngine2.exe, version: 3.6.36.9617, time stamp: 0x5c6d9847
Faulting module name: GameEngine.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c6d96ab
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000085234
Faulting process id: 0x47f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d524a556d72ada
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Divinity Engine 2\DefEd\DivinityEngine2.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Divinity Engine 2\DefEd\GameEngine.dll
Report Id: 47f43fcc-8f74-496f-b1ea-5d49534cf83f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

It fails to launch with no crash message, it gets to starting services before the launcher closes.

It was working before on 1809, This has been the only problem I've had after updating to 1903. I've gotten a similar .net error before on 1809, but with a different program and Uninstalling, restarting and re-installing had fixed it for that one but not for the Divinity Engine
0 17 Read More
Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Waltc
Google's Stadia specs said that Windows, OS X, Android, and iOS would be supported--nothing about a Linux Stadia release for a specific distro.

They are talking about their Stadia client. I'm talking about actual games developed for Stadia, which uses Debian Linux to run them. I.e. Stadia games are all Linux games, but they run on the server. Once developer makes a game for Stadia, it basically just needs some trivial modifications to make a normal Linux version. So when they don't plan to do it (while in case of Larian they are in general positive about Linux releases), it does look like some exclusivity ban. I surely hope it's not though.
8 626 Read More
Chat (German)
Yesterday at 04:38 PM
Hallo Alle,

wollte hier nur kurz meine Ankunft bekünden, bin neu hier und hab mich hauptsächlich wegen Baldur's Gate 3 angemeldet. Die Hälfte meiner Kindheit bestand aus Baldur's Gate und Icewind Dale, eine Anmeldung hier war also unvermeidlich. :)

Recht viel mehr gibts da nicht zu sagen glaube ich.
3,332 2,898,699 Read More
Divinity Original Sin - Mods
Yesterday at 04:18 PM
@Gravehowl As mentioned above, the extractor can only convert between GR2 and DAE (Collada). Blender (and many other tools) support Collada import/export natively, and can also export .OBJ for you.

@darthslider Story variables are not visible in text format in globals.lsx; they're encoded in binary blobs. There are currently no tools that allow editing these flags.
270 237,319 Read More
Scripting
Yesterday at 01:32 PM
Hi there,

Sorry for the later reply. This worked perfectly, I didn't know you had to do that in the IF/AND blocks, getting the hang of it now.
I think I've seen some of your video's too, all very helpful stuff. Thanks so much.
2 93 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
Yesterday at 11:47 AM
As far as I'm aware there's no way to complete that specific quest if the NPC has been killed.
Sadly the quest is likely to remain in your journal unless there's a way to remove it that I somehow have forgotten. If it's any solace you fortunately aren't missing out on anything except a (very) small XP reward.
1 48 Read More
Yesterday at 09:46 AM
Steam page shows there's no Traditional Chinese support,
Please add Traditional Chinese even just google translate from Simplified Chinese .
0 18 Read More
Yesterday at 03:25 AM

Loading a later save with an error can cause a problem if loading an earlier save after that point. Did you try restarting the game and loading the earlier save first?

It is also possible there was a problem with the save when it was made, but as long as the proper file was in the levelcache, it masked the problem. The third possibility is that the save was fine when it was made and that session when it was loaded, but was corrupted somehow when, or after, the game crashed.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a working save that wasn't too far back.
3 52 Read More
15/06/19 12:59 PM
Thank you for your reply.

The only thing that seemed to work slightly was changing which core to use. I tried many different combinations and core 2 and 3 seemed to be the most suitable. But the problem wasn't completely fixed, because now my fps is extremely unstable and jumps from minimum 14 to maximum 90.
2 59 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - Technical Issues
15/06/19 04:44 AM
I was also having this problem. Thanks, Phroon. This workaround did the job, indeed.
17 5,420 Read More
14/06/19 07:43 PM
Direct connect to IP address and allow port forwarding. That way you can do either lan or online
1 112 Read More
14/06/19 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Cokomantis
Originally Posted by Rafoca
I have been following the recent Avenger´s game announcement (which led me here) and those guys decided to make the whole story campaign in single player because they think co-op wouldn´t fit, and lots of players agree, which is a shame.

See, imagine a Superhero game, based on a team, and the devs don´t think co-op would fit in the story, only on side missions. Makes no sense to me.

you should check out mua3 if you want co-op superhero action. switch exclusive tho. other than that, yeah larian's the chosen of the lord, savior of rpg. in larian we trust.

I´ve been watching MUA 3 videos and I like it, but Avengers is a superhero game that I always wanted. It´s like MUA in third person, but the fact they are doing that with co-op disappointed me.

And, yes Larian is full of amazing developers. I love how it´s leader is so passionate about his projects smile
3 108 Read More
14/06/19 04:24 PM
so, my wallet's getting heavy.

can we get some pressure here to encourage larian on this matter?
1 158 Read More
14/06/19 02:46 PM
@SorcererVictor, I think @cdx was saying they like those things about the BG games. And I agree with most of them.
2 125 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3