Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
lilibat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just got the game today. Was going to camp for the first time. Talked to everyone then went to lay down on a bedroll and crash. Keeps happening. Tried to start from an earlier save, still crashes. Stuck and can't progress.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

E
stranger
stranger
E
I too am experiencing this issue! Crash to desktop as soon as you wake up from a long rest, making the game pretty much unplayable frown

C
stranger
stranger
C
Same here. Looking in event viewer I see this:

Faulting application name: bg3.exe, version: 4.1.169.5932, time stamp: 0x62c4a9d7
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0x7494
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8929467390aa1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\bin\bg3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 0887aed7-6eb1-4341-ba6e-7ca9660f456e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I also attached a debugger to the executable when it crashed and I see a call to terminate inside ucrtbase.dll, which seems to be calling __acrt_getptd, getting null back and then calling abort. abort eventually makes a call _Exit, terminating the program. I don't know the internals of this library but possible trying to get per thread data (__acrt_getptd), fails and exits. Don't have symbols for the BG3 executable so it's harder to see what it is up to.

veteran
veteran
Disabling autosaves will temporary fix this problem ...
It will crash with fist atempt to save tho, so you have to play in Hardcore Ironman mode. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
stranger
stranger
Experiencing this as well. Created a new profile, tried again. Both times the crashes started happening after I went to the Dark Crypt.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Same issue, started noticing it when I entered druid's grove, so yeh, after the dark crypt. Astarion also started ignoring party chains and isn't following me anymore. Don't know if those two things are related as they seemed to have happened around the same time.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Same here, same issue. Happens all the time.

I can submit a save file if needed, I don't know where I would do that laugh.

S
stranger
stranger
S
If you use a supply pack instead of individual food items before long rest it should let you save without crashing. Atleast thats what worked for me.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Sarevok2
If you use a supply pack instead of individual food items before long rest it should let you save without crashing. Atleast thats what worked for me.

This worked for me! Thank you very much. Not sure what about the food items but apparently they are causing crashes whenever they are used in any way, whether eaten during camping or eaten to gain HP - they use cause crash to desktop.

C
stranger
stranger
C

This is interesting, it's not even every configuration of food that makes it crash. Both the two below crashes the game for me, and while just the intersection (milk, rum, fish) does not crash the game, it seems like "enough items" + the fish crashes the game. Not sure if it is the fish per se, or just that it probably was one of the earliest items I picked up on the beach and still have on me.

[Linked Image from pasteboard.co]
[Linked Image from pasteboard.co]

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Disabling autosaves will temporary fix this problem ...
It will crash with fist atempt to save tho, so you have to play in Hardcore Ironman mode. laugh

This worked for me, but the first quicksave after resting then caused the crash. frown

This worked!

veteran
veteran
So far it seems that as long as you DONT:
- use any food
- interact with any vendor
- dont loot things you are not going to litteraly "use" (someone had problems with crashes caused by possessing a skull)

Then you should be fine.

B
stranger
stranger
B
- use any food
- dont loot things you are not going to litteraly "use" (someone had problems with crashes caused by possessing a skull)

Then you should be fine.

Some people, me included, have also had reports of advancing companion's quests (for me it's giving artifacts to Gale, another user here pointed out that after Astarion's camp-event the game started save-crashing) will make the game crash on saving. So adding that to the list and maybe try to keep companion interaction to a minimum as well?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Thank you for workaround, it works!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by bogreol
Some people, me included, have also had reports of advancing companion's quests (for me it's giving artifacts to Gale, another user here pointed out that after Astarion's camp-event the game started save-crashing) will make the game crash on saving. So adding that to the list and maybe try to keep companion interaction to a minimum as well?
Damn ... at this rate, the will soon be stable only as long as we stand on beach and enjoy the scenery. laugh

R
stranger
stranger
R
- use any food

Then you should be fine.

I can verify the food one for sure, tested it 5-6 different times at the camp, couldn't make it through a long rest unless only using camping supplies. I haven't had the same issue with vendors yet, or at least the halfling vendor at the druid grove didn't cause an issue at the time. I'm glad to see it's not my computer or some weird personal bug of mine with all these crashes happening out of nowhere lol.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I can also verify the food one, if I use rations it works fine, but if I try to use any food, it crashes when I sleep.

W
stranger
stranger
W
This worked. Thank you! Really weird though

veteran
veteran
Yet another case ...
When you are trading with Daemon inside Druid Groove ... you dont need to sell, or buy anything, just opening trade will cause the game crash in next saving.

enthusiast
enthusiast

It worked for me, too, thank you! This is a really weird, but interesting bug.

Other than that, patch 8 improved my gaming experience a lot, the game runs so much smoother now for me (I am playing on a gaming laptop, but it is already a view years old).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard