Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cleglaw Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
OK OK. It is not generally regarded as an RPG--more of a 1st person nonshooter. Anyhow, Thief #2 was 1 of my all time favorites so I bought the game today. It would not run properly. Frustrating. No cursor. No text on the buttons.
Bear in mind that my system meets recommended requirements as listed on Gamespot. After spending more time than I could ever want to trying to resolve the problems I rechecked the system requirements--everthing ok until I reached the bottom: Laptops are not supported. That leaves me out as that is all I have at home right now that works--a very very nice laptop, top of the line for gaming that I could buy at the time -- 12/02. With mouse, keyboard, monitor and my stereo hooked up to it you can't even tell it is a laptop, but it won't run the stupid game. I hope the store will take it back.

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?
~Jeremy Bentham
veteran
veteran
They need that sticker on more games, including Beyond Divinity unfortunately. It doesn't mean that it won't work on a laptop. It just means use at your own risk.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
What graphics card do you have in your laptop. Thief runs with the (more or less) same engine as DeusEx 2 so it *requires* pixel shaders.

- Telemachos

D
veteran
veteran
D
If I recall correctly, Thief 3 requires Pixelshader 1.1

Aha, found it:
Requirements: PIV 1500, 256MB RAM, 3GB HDD, Pixel shader 1.1 support

Cleglaw Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
What graphics card do you have in your laptop.

ATI Radeon 9000 mobile. Unable to update drivers because ATI doesn't update their mobile units.

They need that sticker on more games, including Beyond Divinity unfortunately. It doesn't mean that it won't work on a laptop. It just means use at your own risk.

Actually Beyond Divinity runs fine thus far; I have played it up to the 1st battlefield key without any trouble.

~Jeremy Bentham
veteran
veteran
Can I ask a favour: can you please send me a copy of your DXDiag.txt to hand_e_food@hotmail.com? Alex has the same graphics card and can't get Beyond Divinity to run. Did you have to do anything special to make it work?

Cleglaw Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I will send it. I did nothing special. I've had no trouble.

edit: In case this matters I applied patch 1.32 before running the game. I don't know if that is the latest patch or if it matters. I've actually been avoiding reading anything about BD so as not to bias me in any way, but that could also result in me not being up to date.

Last edited by Cleglaw; 28/05/04 04:05 AM.

~Jeremy Bentham

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard