Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ladydub Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Happy about the game coming to PS5, but worried about how it's gonna look like.

PC version is absolutely beautiful and I got used to highly detailed character models and faces... but what I saw in PS5 trailer was so different, very unpleasant surprise.

Character models look like a PS3 era game, shiny plastic-y faces, low poly armors and the general feeling of "lowest video quality preset".

PS5 isn't that weak, and has absolutely stunning-looking games. Even Diablo 4 beta surprised me with visual quality, which is a comparable top-down view game.

What's going on? Was looking forward to buying this on PS5 but now i'm hesitant.

veteran
veteran
yes they look like shit for a reason and the main issue is that a playstation [even ps5] isn't the same power as an average PC so you have to pre-rendor everything to look okey, which takes time Larian doesn't have

you can expect a gold build sometime later down the track but in general consul comes with a built in cost

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
You mean this one?

Seems to be looking just as good as Early Acess to me. O_o
Maybe there is too much light, but that is Larian problem in general for last several patches ... and it dont seem like they are planning to change it. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
ladydub Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
You mean this one?

Seems to be looking just as good as Early Acess to me.

Yeah that one.

Check shadowheart @ 1:08 in that PS5 trailer and compare her with a random YT video

Looks beautiful current gen on PC and absolutely awful 2011 PS3 Skyrim-style face and armor on PS5.

Very worried about PS5 visuals, need to wait until release before buying.

Last edited by ladydub; 24/05/23 06:55 PM.
ladydub Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Judging by this video:

PS5 settings are set to somewhere between “low” and “very low” texture quality mode.

Check shadowheart 0:50

apprentice
apprentice
I am also worried about this and looking for an update.

I am willing to pre-order on PS5 but not until they release some more PS5 specific info as if it looks inferior I will wait until I can get a new PC (which may be a way off) then buy the game.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
H
stranger
stranger
H
As for myself, after terrible performance experience of EA version on my 2015-year PC, I bought PS5 especially for Baldur's Gate 3 and pre-ordered the game a couple weeks ago. And now, as further it goes, I have more and more concerns about technical state of this game on PS5 and my decision to believe in (next) current gen consoles. For turn-based CRPG, I personally prefer 30 FPS and good graphics due to large amount of cinematics and close-ups, rather than 60 FPS gameplay with blurry low-poly faces, and this faces we going to see a lot (and I'm not talking about world\surrounding textures, which looks even worse). I wish we could get 2 modes, with high performance and better graphics respectively, but we have what we have. Still waiting for more info about PS5 version close to its release though, but for now I rather disappointed.

addict
addict
Ps5 60fps plugged into a half decent tv and you’ll have nothing to worry about …were you getting this low texture idea from?
Ps5 games look great Diablo 4 looks awesome and bg3 will blow that outta the water..

veteran
veteran
willing to bet $ the PS5 crashes every hour of game play... thats perhaps something you are willing to put up with to play this game and fair enough but walk into it with your eyes open guys

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Tarorn
Ps5 60fps plugged into a half decent tv and you’ll have nothing to worry about …were you getting this low texture idea from?
Ps5 games look great Diablo 4 looks awesome and bg3 will blow that outta the water..
I got low texture idea from one and only available PS5 gameplay, which is its trailer, posted a few posts above. If you consider to watch it, you will understand, where my disappointment come from. And surrounding and face textures are even worse, then armor an clothing ones. Shdadowheart's face is a mess, huge pixels visible around her mouth and scar. And Ketheric Thorm's throne looks like not just plastic, it looks almost textureless at all.

Link Copied to Clipboard