Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
#851492 09/06/23 12:10 AM
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Hi folks

I just noticed that a couple of people mentioned poor forum performance recently. For me, it was awful over the weekend but then picked up on Monday, and our theory was that it might be due to some out of control bot behaviour that vometia had observed evidence of as an admin, but which seemed to have died down.

But it sounds as though some people are still having issues.

Can you let me know here if you're experiencing poorer than usual performance of these forums, and if it looks as though it's widespread then I'll see if someone can do a bit more digging to work out why.

Cheers!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
It was terrible for a few days, but I haven't had much trouble today

Last edited by Sozz; 09/06/23 12:15 AM.
veteran
veteran
Yes I wrote a pretty long response to a thread a few days ago only to have it flee to the ethereal plane.

veteran
veteran
About 2 - 3 hours ago it was going pretty crazy. Now it seems to be okay.

addict
addict
Agreed with Boblawblah

W
veteran
veteran
W
It’s been bad on and off for me for longer than just a few days. At least a week. The website takes quite a while to load initially now, and some features like trying to quote are extremely sluggish. Seems to be working fine at the moment.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Thanks, folks. I’ll ask if there’s anything that can be done about performance.

I guess traffic might have been up a few hours ago as a result of the new trailer, but this is still a relatively quiet corner of the internet so I’d be surprised if that were enough to bring things to a crawl! And it doesn’t explain the slow load times a few days ago anyway.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Thanks, folks. I’ll ask if there’s anything that can be done about performance.

I guess traffic might have been up a few hours ago as a result of the new trailer, but this is still a relatively quiet corner of the internet so I’d be surprised if that were enough to bring things to a crawl! And it doesn’t explain the slow load times a few days ago anyway.
Thanks!!!!!

old hand
old hand
Forum lag seems to be pretty inconsistent. One time everything works fine and one hour from there nothing is working at all.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
I've mentioned to our admin, vometia, who says she'll have a word and see if someone could take a proper look at what's going on.

Performance is terrible for me again today after having been okay when I've logged on over the past few days. I know these forums tend to be a bit janky anyway, but it's seemed even worse than usual over the past week

W
veteran
veteran
W
This morning it’s being janky for me too.

Edit: very janky.

Last edited by Warlocke; 09/06/23 01:05 PM.
veteran
veteran
Few days ago it was terrible but for +- 2 days it seems to be working well again for me.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 09/06/23 11:12 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Around 16:45 (4:40pm) BST the forum wouldn't load.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Around 16:45 (4:40pm) BST the forum wouldn't load.

Cheers. Perhaps if we can pinpoint when the forum is at its worst someone will be able to identify some sort of pattern.

veteran
veteran
There were a few days, I was not able to load the side at all, don't know, if it has to do with this problem or if it is something on my end.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Was very slow this morning (GMT). Also could not log in as my VPN ip was on some banned list. Never had that problem before. Possibly the two are related?

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Topper
Was very slow this morning (GMT). Also could not log in as my VPN ip was on some banned list. Never had that problem before. Possibly the two are related?

I’ll pass on the possible connection with VPN issues. Cheers!

enthusiast
enthusiast
No worries.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I have problems opening the forum around 8:20 am GMT-6.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Forum has been inaccessible for about half an hour. Just got an error page. Seems better now.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard