Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#853863 01/07/23 08:49 PM
Agrippa Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Good day! I had checked in quite a while back and at that time none of the Larian engines were capable of providing single players with a real pause option. Even the mod community had been unable to create any real pausing options for the single player. I'm in the process of reinstalling DoS now, but I'm wondering if anyone here might be familiar with the Game Pauser by Jace utility that is available on Steam. I've added it to my library with some high hopes for a number of single player games in my library that have no real pausing options available. Has anyone here used this utility sucessfully?

Agrippa Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
It didn't work to pause the any of title screens. I'm going to assume that it won't work with any Larian titles.

Agrippa Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I've also tried using this utility for BG3EA. It did work to fully pause the game there, but the game crashed immediately. I really do wish that Larean would show the single players some basic consideration. I'm going to play around with it a bit more, but it seems that the 400+ team here was capable of having the BG3 engine pausing properly, too. I'm no tech expert by any means, but Lace's Game Pauser is open source. Would anyone with more experience know why it wouldn't be working?

Agrippa Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
More trial and error using this tool: It's been able to fully pause BG3EA most of the times that I've used it. I forgot to try using it during a cutscene. Using it did crash BG3EA a few times, too, though. It seems to work for BG3EA, at least, but you're mileage may vary. My computer no longer meets BG3EA's recommendations, too, so the crashing might not be entirely related to using this tool. Knowing that it is possible to fully pause BG3EA, though, would it be possible for anyone to make a utility that allowed for pull pausing and the queuing of an action? Pausing and targeting an NPC, for example? Hello, rats and chickens of DoS, I'm looking at you!

Link Copied to Clipboard