Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#861418 13/07/23 11:20 AM
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
When I First Spotted That Line in the New Comunirt Update I Thought Maybe They are Going to talk about Whats Next after 1.0??? Any Expansions , DLC ect......Maybe its just me But is Its Almost like They Dont know if They Can Make Anymore Content for BG3.......Are They Completely Done with BG3 This is All we Are getting and The are Moving On to The next Project????? I Guess time will tell.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Other than a word of Swen on Reddit 3 years ago, there are no news about future additional content.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

old hand
old hand
They'll probably spend up to six months to a year of patching / balancing before starting on DLC, but it will probably happen. I hope so. Currently, they're just focusing on the task at hand. Let them, sheesh, the thing isn;t even out yet.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
veteran
veteran
Well ...
That was back in the days when they most likely didnt have full idea about how this game will look in the end either. laugh

Lets take it from the other end tho ...
Larian is a company ... companies are made to make money ... this game will make AN AWFULL LOTS OF MONEY ...
One day, sooner or later ... probably after taking some rest ... someone in Larian will have to ask question: What next?
And that is the point, where true decision about potential DLC will be made. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I mean, the game is not even out yet. Give them some air.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
R
R
As the gaming sites and other developers have said this is a once in a generation game. As folks in the forum said give them some time to follow through and bask in that achievement while they figure out what is truly reasonable to follow up with.

https://tech4gamers.com/baldurs-gate-3-anomaly/

Enjoy the game!

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by fylimar
No.
The Belgians exist for my amusement.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Originally Posted by fylimar
No.
The Belgians exist for my amusement.
Well, if you push them too hard, they won't exist too long, but die of exhaustion😜

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
G
G
There will be a video today about some of the legendary weapons (fextralife I believe).

apprentice
apprentice
IIRC Larian has never made DLC for any of their games, but they did make Enhanced Editions (as free upgrades) for both DOS games. So it's reasonable to assume BG3 will get that at least.
And maybe more? We'll just have to wait and see.

stranger
stranger
I really hope they decide to make a DLC, this game deserves it, maybe they change their mind when they see the number of sales, which in my opinion will be high for an RPG.

Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
It wouldn't surprise me if Larian have a totally different attitude to DLC and expansions for BG3 compared to past games, given the completely different level of investment in the base game.

But we'll have to wait and see. And keep clamouring for it if we want more grin

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Ohhh Man do we Want More!!!! Raise The Level Cap, New Areas, A World Builder to Create Custom Modules, More Campaions The List will be Bigger and Bigger !!!

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
My DLC/Expansion Wishlist:

-More Origins like The Dark Urge that give custom characters a backstory.
-MORE STORY COMPANIONS, preferably ones that fill in the role of Monk, Bard, and Sorcerer, or are different races like Halfling, Gnome, or Half-Orc. Maybe Alfira for Bard?
-More locations and quests within the story that will be coming out to give more content within the game.
-Post-main game locations, quests, and story that gives us access to more levels. Maybe not all the way to 20, but who knows!
-More of that good music stuff from Borislav Slavov. Music is my drug and that man is my dealer.
-Post-main game continuation of romances. Wouldn't say no to some new ones.
-Artificer Class.
-Maybe another playable race or two. Kenku anyone? Tortle? Warforged?
-Maybe a subclass or two.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
If there will be a DLC ...
Larian HAVE TO introduce his kind twin brother, The Bright Urge.

Person that will fight with unexplainable internal urge to sacrifice himself for others, refuse any and every rewards, offering your party gold and equipment to civilians, spontageously erupt waves of healing magic targeting everyone around, and fainting when they hurt somebody.

And new Achievment "Yin and Yang" for having them both in multiplayer party.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
My DLC/Expansion Wishlist:

-MORE STORY COMPANIONS, preferably ones that fill in the role of Monk, Bard, and Sorcerer, or are different races like Halfling, Gnome, or Half-Orc. Maybe Alfira for Bard?
-More locations and quests within the story that will be coming out to give more content within the game.
-Post-main game locations, quests, and story that gives us access to more levels. Maybe not all the way to 20, but who knows!
-More of that good music stuff from Borislav Slavov. Music is my drug and that man is my dealer.
-Post-main game continuation of romances. Wouldn't say no to some new ones.
-Artificer Class.
-Maybe another playable race or two. Kenku anyone? Tortle? Warforged?
-Maybe a subclass or two.

All of this, please.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I'm expecting an enhanced edition after a year which might add in another race and some subclasses. Then I expect Larian to work on their next game be it D:OS 3 or another D&D game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
If there will be a DLC ...
Larian HAVE TO introduce his kind twin brother, The Bright Urge.

Person that will fight with unexplainable internal urge to sacrifice himself for others, refuse any and every rewards, offering your party gold and equipment to civilians, spontageously erupt waves of healing magic targeting everyone around, and fainting when they hurt somebody.

And new Achievment "Yin and Yang" for having them both in multiplayer party.

Bright and Dark would immediately cancel each other out and you'd only be left with The Urge ...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by snowram
Other than a word of Swen on Reddit 3 years ago, there are no news about future additional content.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
That would have been way too early to talk about DLC and way too early to work DLC...that quote is from almost two and a half years ago. Looong before the release of the game. That doesn't mean they don't want to do any but it was way too early to plan it. Now for the immediate future they'll probably focus on fixing any bugs that might still be there at launch and shipping the PS5 version. After that it will probably be trying to see what(if anything) they can do about releasing the game on Xbox. After all that I am sure that they will be looking at DLC. Personally I REALLY hope that we will get one massive DLC down the road that brings the level cap to 20...as it is in D&D.

T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
I Want Them to Make Icewind Dale 3!!!! Larian WE WANT Icewind Dale 3 !!!! That Should be the Next BIG Project........

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard