Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Tiefling children steal and cheat, and yet there is no way to punish them, so much so that I often see people ask, "Why can't we kill children?"
I think we can give these annoying kids a little punishment

Last edited by liuyuncangye; 16/07/23 09:50 AM.
S
old hand
old hand
S
As much as the bear scene was controversial, it can be framed as a joke. I fear that being able to do what you are asking for is yet another level of taboo.

B
B
Originally Posted by snowram
As much as the bear scene was controversial, it can be framed as a joke. I fear that being able to do what you are asking for is yet another level of taboo.
And yet you can kill the goblin kids when you free Halsin from his cage.
Curious.
I want to kill tiefling children too, they are scum just like the goblin children.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by liuyuncangye
"Why can't we kill children?"
Because the game would be banned pretty much everywhere.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Tiefling children steal and cheat, and yet there is no way to punish them, so much so that I often see people ask, "Why can't we kill children?"

You don't like children? What a horrible thought wanting to kill children just because they are naughty. Children are never evil, sometimes misdirected or in need of love. Please go see a therapist smile

addict
addict

I'm sure it will be modded in eventually. You probably won't find such a mod on Nexus though...

Last edited by Kendaric; 16/07/23 09:44 AM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Hmm, goblin children. In d&d goblin is an evil race, which as you think of it is kind of a racist viewpoint. But since it is fairy tale you might just argue that they represent evil in abstract form, idk. Anyways, since goblins have no potential for good I guess killing the children is not such a terrible act. But yeah, the scene with the goblin children does fuel some ugly feelings you might say.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Solarian

You don't like children? What a horrible thought wanting to kill children just because they are naughty. Children are never evil, sometimes misdirected or in need of love. Please go see a therapist smile
If they were my children, I would choose to educate them well, but the game doesn't give me that choice, these children are treated like God

veteran
veteran
100% agree ...

I was going to say a lots of things about it ...
But then i remembered i allready did ... here:
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=831897&page=1

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
F
addict
addict
F
There probably should be an option to pick up and spank Mol and her crew. They're very naughty, actually very dangerous. At least we should be able to give them a right telling off.

addict
addict

Perhaps as the Dark Urge you will have the option to do this.

Last edited by Ranxerox; 16/07/23 11:06 AM.
veteran
veteran
I will agree that the tiefling kids are very... a lot. I get where they're coming from and what Larian might be trying to do with them; they're mostly orphans who're under the responsibility of the refugees as a whole, I get the sense that not many of them actually have parents, and in general the adult refugees have a lot on their plates and can't really do the parenting thing very effectively. Between that and what they've gone through they've developed the idea that they can only rely on themselves, spurred on by Mol as a charismatic leader. I mean thinking theycan go to Baldur's Gate and start a thieve's guild is an entirely childish notion. One could also argue that as passing strangers it's not really up to us to be trying to discipline these random children that get on our bad side. But it's odd that we don't even have an option to y'know, tell any of the adults what's happening. That should be something we can do, even if the result is said adult brushing us off and thinking it's all childish nonsense that doesn't need to be worried about.

Also the people who want to beable to kill the children are just overblown. Even if they were adult thieves, they wouldn't warrant execution for what they're doing in any kind of reasonable society.

addict
addict
I think think Tiefling kids are just like most characters in the "Larian Universe", smart ass jerks and arrogant assholes. Someone could probably write a dissertation on the potential psychological pathologies involved.

veteran
veteran
I don't want to kill children - ever. That said, there should be more options to deal with the tiefling kids, but maybe there will be in full release.
I agree, that they probably had no other choice than to harden up and become thiefs, with the exception of Arabella, who has parents that care. But still, you should at least be able to adress it in some (non-lethal) way.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by rodeolifant

Without sharing more spoilers from what I saw in Ghent, I don't think that's the reason eek

As fylimar says, I think it's worth waiting and seeing if there are more options for interacting with the tiefling kids in the full release.

Though I think the tiefling kids are great and in a lot of my playthroughs happily hand over cash to help Mol set up her guild in Baldur's Gate. I do enjoy it when my characters pass the checks to get the better of them and earn their respect, but am also fine when they don't and my character ends up looking a bit of a wally (ie a silly an inept person, as I suspect that's pretty local slang!). I'm okay with my PC not being the epitome of cool all the time. Not that I think killing or even corporally punishing kids for going too far would be at all cool, either! Still, I do agree the game should give us as many options to roleplay our characters as possible, even if some of those options I personally am unlikely to ever take.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran

Aww, did you get outsmarted by a bunch of digital children in your video game? Ha!

What you may have failed to see is that these children are refugees, and they are not really children anymore. They have lost the sense of safety that most Children have and decided that they have to figure out how to make their own way. They have come too soon to the knowledge that adults are flawed and cannot be relied upon.

When I play good I always help them and don't take the thieving personally.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen

Without sharing more spoilers from what I saw in Ghent, I don't think that's the reason eek

As fylimar says, I think it's worth waiting and seeing if there are more options for interacting with the tiefling kids in the full release.

Though I think the tiefling kids are great and in a lot of my playthroughs happily hand over cash to help Mol set up her guild in Baldur's Gate. I do enjoy it when my characters pass the checks to get the better of them and earn their respect, but am also fine when they don't and my character ends up looking a bit of a wally (ie a silly an inept person, as I suspect that's pretty local slang!). I'm okay with my PC not being the epitome of cool all the time. Not that I think killing or even corporally punishing kids for going too far would be at all cool, either! Still, I do agree the game should give us as many options to roleplay our characters as possible, even if some of those options I personally am unlikely to ever take.

I agree, I love the tiefling kids. I hope, we will see Mol again in BG and help her build up her own guild - especially if our character is a rogue themselves. I really had to laugh, when you talk to Mol at the party - that whole conversation was fun.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by The Red Queen

I agree, I love the tiefling kids. I hope, we will see Mol again in BG and help her build up her own guild - especially if our character is a rogue themselves. I really had to laugh, when you talk to Mol at the party - that whole conversation was fun.

Yup, this! Be fun to see them outsmart both the fists and the zents smile

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Remember that the kids are refugees being forced to stay alongside people that hate them for what they are (I know most Druids aren't bigots, but with Kagha in charge some of the more nasty sides of Druids are on display). Not to mention that they have been driven from their home of Elturel after suffering a traumatic experience of being literally sent to hell, only to survive and have their people (Tieflings) used as a scapegoat for the incident, never mind the self righteous cowardly hypocrites that the Hellriders are. Add to the problem that they are being actively pursued by a hostile army of actual monsters who want to kill them. This is the kind of childhood that give rise to villains with Freudian excuses for their villainy. So they are a little bit bratty, I am amazed they haven't become sociopaths or psychopaths. Hopefully they can make new and better lives for themselves and their families in Baldur's Gate.

Last edited by TheAscendent; 16/07/23 12:41 PM.

Evil always finds a way.
F
addict
addict
F
It's their intentions with the idol that's off the scales dangerous. They're in a temporary refuge, which is a powder keg between them and the druids, and went and got Arabella to try to steal the idol. They know how hard Kagha is. Heck, Mol even suggests doing it again! She's just a child and doesn't understand they'll set off a massacre that they themselves mightn't survive.

Sure, they've lost their child innocence, but they're much worse than the adults when making decisions about security and safety. Zevlor has all his best scouts out looking for paths and has managed to keep the peace. That communal cook is giving out bowls of gruel.

(Which reminds me, the druids all say there's not enough to go around but they all have food in their inventories, can cast goodberries, and most importantly, control access to river fishing.)

This all said, my proper playthrough Tav doesn't even engage them. As a noble, he sticks to Zevlor, Kagha, Nettie and Aradin. Tiefling children are Zevlor's charge.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard