Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alodar
Originally Posted by FreeTheSlaves
Nothing confirmed. ‘Stands to reason’ means I’m speculating. If we can manipulate companion inventory, why not spells?

That said, I don’t rate Everburn that highly, Susserblade is better.

I'm asking where it is confirmed that you have access to companion inventory on the Nautiloid?
I think it was mentioned by some of the YouTubers, who played the full version, that you can access companions again ( and maybe Red Queen mentioned it?)

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
F
addict
addict
F
I can't recall where I saw it, maybe a Fextralife video? If no one else can confirm, well, take it with a grain of salt. Maybe I was tired when watching it. However, I'm fairly certain I heard we can access inventory.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I can't recall where I saw it, maybe a Fextralife video? If no one else can confirm, well, take it with a grain of salt. Maybe I was tired when watching it. However, I'm fairly certain I heard we can access inventory.
No worries.
I appreciate the information.

veteran
veteran
If you're going to try to him to drop the sword with Command you might want to consider seeing if Lae'zel can Daze him first with her pommel strike.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Buba68
I didn't get that far into the game.
But nevertheless I was torn between equipping Everburn or the Paladin Sword.

Isn't a giant burning sword you get in the first five minutes better than a sword you have to compile from pieces it took me four days to get?

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by nuncle
Originally Posted by Buba68
I didn't get that far into the game.
But nevertheless I was torn between equipping Everburn or the Paladin Sword.

Isn't a giant burning sword you get in the first five minutes better than a sword you have to compile from pieces it took me four days to get?
It is unquestionably better in the sense of being available to use during lvls 2-4. I don;t know the stats of the Susserblade. The flaming feature is nice - I've seen a few wounded enemies on their last HP opponents drop to the lingering Fire damage at the start of their turns - simply heart warming smile

Last edited by Buba68; 21/07/23 08:11 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Adgaroth
GL, tell us how it goes smile

So the 15 rounds is hard, but certainly attainable in early access.

The biggest problem I'm having is getting in done in 15 rounds *and* picking up all the other stuff. There are void and caustic bulbs to pick up, as well as loot scattered around the bodies, some of which I'd like. There's also a type of shell on one of the balconies that doesn't really seem to do anything in early access, but I'm thinking I might want to get it in case it serves a purpose in full release. Like a crafting component or something, maybe. I don't know.

That said, I'm thinking it'll be much easier if we get access to our companions' inventories during this stage of the game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JandK

The biggest problem I'm having is getting in done in 15 rounds *and* picking up all the other stuff. There are void and caustic bulbs to pick up, as well as loot scattered around the bodies, some of which I'd like. There's also a type of shell on one of the balconies that doesn't really seem to do anything in early access, but I'm thinking I might want to get it in case it serves a purpose in full release. Like a crafting component or something, maybe. I don't know.

That said, I'm thinking it'll be much easier if we get access to our companions' inventories during this stage of the game.

Good to know, I don't really care much for that loot tho, the only loot I want to really check is the 3 brain jars to see if they're used for something on release xD it has always be a thorn in my side.

C
colinl8 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
C
Originally Posted by JandK

Could you use a void bulb to collect much of the loot into a single area where it's easier to not burn rounds on looting?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rack
Would it actually be a game over if the nautiloid crashes though? Best case scenario the game dumps you in a different location and you get a slightly different start.

That'll be my first test! I love seeing if timers actually do anything in games like these. FFVII Remake by the way, there is a timer at the top of a tower after a long series of fights, a bomb is going to go off, and...simply doesn't when the timer hits zero lol. It's funny what devs put in games that don't actually matter.

That said, I can imagine Larian will do an autosave right before you enter the room and you'll simply respawn there.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Brewman
I think killing Zhalk in 15 turns is totally feasible.
Killing the other 2 cambion dudes might be a challange, but killing one of them is probably not too hard.
Very doable - if you stack the nautiloid tanks in the corridor outside the helm, leave Us there and throw grease bottles on the ground to slow the cambions when they show up. Then beat on Zhalk and use the tanks in the room to finish him and the mindflayer. Takes about 10 turns total but you do need the mindflayer to not miss very often...

veteran
veteran
I've tried a few times, and I'm confident Zhalk can be taken down in the given time.

(I don't use barrels, by the way. It doesn't feel right to me. I also don't plant someone by a restoration thing outside the helm. That also feels a little like cheating.)

But getting Zhalk, the mind flayer, and the two cambions in 15 turns? I haven't managed to do that yet, and I'm not sure I'll be able to in that timeframe without resorting to (what I consider to be) questionable tactics.

F
addict
addict
F
It's going to be hard taking them down 15 rounds without cheese. Unless the RNG has Mindflayer crit twice, I'm going to focus on disarming and bailing.

The question is do I have SH bless Lae'zel for pommel strike + Command, or go 2x Commands. The former can also affect the mindflayer for increased DPR and roll over to cambions fight, whereas the latter gives a 55+55=110% chance of success - which can however go sideways and doesn't help much for taking down the cambions.

That said, each cambion in EA has a nice trove, so taking down just one is a boost for starting Act 1.

As for Everburn, I value points of attack over damage, and there's a couple of +1 greataxes for Lae'zel/Karlach in easy reach in Act 1.

[Edit] Just realized you can equip Everburn in the helm so you can hit cambions for full damage. But AC18 is a big ask.

Last edited by FreeTheSlaves; 22/07/23 04:31 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
SH does not have command and you can not change her spells on the nautiloid, sadly.
Otherwise, both fights would be very easy cheesing it with command: drop.

They only deal 5 damage without the weapon, so the mindflayer easily wins.

What is the best nonexplosive strategy to at least get the sword?
I dislike exploiting the explosion mechanics or US rest spamming...

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Qoray
Keep the nice Illithid alive - Bless, Heal, throw Health Potions and Haste at him, while your party of misfits uses range attacks on Zhalk.
Once he is dead Tav grabs the sword and then a Companion - previously parked at the helm - presses the "Do Not Press" button.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Qoray
SH does not have command and you can not change her spells on the nautiloid, sadly.
Otherwise, both fights would be very easy cheesing it with command: drop.

They only deal 5 damage without the weapon, so the mindflayer easily wins.

I dislike exploiting the explosion mechanics or US rest spamming...
Play barb.

Chad.rescue shadowheart without corrupting yourself.

Let shadowheart guiding bolt the campion.

Smash

reload till she hits

Last edited by N7Greenfire; 22/07/23 07:42 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard