Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ladydub
Originally Posted by dwig
Doggy style would be a welcome departure from the constant reuse of missionary in video game sex scenes.

I’m playing games since 2002 and never saw a sex scene in a game, except CP2077. Lol 😂😂

Game sex scenes are basically 2 characters naked caressing each other with their genitals hidden by camera angles/character position and the sex is mostly implied through slight movement and face expresions.

The Dragon Age and Mass Effect franchises are the ones that I can remember right now but there's plenty of other games with sex scenes in them.

Last edited by Adgaroth; 21/07/23 09:14 PM.
Vitani #867494 21/07/23 09:15 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Vitani
So Halsin and Minthara are what, one night stands?
Sorry, I meant “not romanceable”.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Adgaroth
Game sex scenes are basically 2 characters naked caressing each other with their genitals hidden by camera angles/character position and the sex is mostly implied through slight movement and face expresions.

On a side not, I must mention how impressed I was that Definite Edition instead of remaking the sex scene in full HD awkward glory, opted to write instead an intimate scene between the two. That’s, ladies and gentleman, mature content.

veteran
veteran
One of the things I loved about the new Top gun movie was the romance, it was so cute, just two adults cuddling and talking about their lives. Much more meaningful than awkward sex scenes in showers with lots of tongue.

D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by Silverstar
Originally Posted by Vitani
And can we please finally leave the bear alone? At this rate it will be considered the youth word of the year cryicon

Fair enough. Maybe Jaheira will use wolf form.

Doggy style would be a welcome departure from the constant reuse of missionary in video game sex scenes.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

idk, I get weirded out with awkwardly animated sex scenes where they try to mimick different sex positions. Cyberpunk 2077 did it..sort of okay? But it was still awkward.

Great, now I'm picturing Astarion and a bear doing it, with the bear looking over at a mirror to watch himself. What have you done to my mind??

For the record, I don't want to see sex of any sort in my video games, of whatever style. I'm not going to refuse to play a game that is otherwise good because of said sex, but it is NOT a selling point for me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Great, now I'm picturing Astarion and a bear doing it, with the bear looking over at a mirror to watch himself. What have you done to my mind??

That's a very specific Tommy Carcetti thing to do, If you know you know xD

dwig #867525 21/07/23 11:16 PM
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by celestielf
From my perspective, Jaheira already got her romance (which if you don't mind the widow thing, and can avoid the bugs, is actually pretty good and has more content than Aerie, Viconia, or Anomen in BG2). I don't particularly see a reason for her to get another one.

Edit: also, Jaheira is a half-elf, not a full elf, so she does not have an elven lifespan. Her longevity is probably due to being a druid, I'd expect. I always placed her in her late 20's/early 30's in BG2, and it has been over 100 years since then, and half elf lifespan is only like 120, if I recall correctly.

Depends on source material I think. Tanis Half-Elven was 100 (or very close) and he was just beginning middle age. I'd have to look it up for Faerun, but I think its more than 120 years.

You're right; I just checked the FR wiki (for what it's worth) and it says 128-180 for the lifespan. So Jaheira is still getting up there, but not quite ancient, most likely.

Trivial side note, but I wonder if Jaheira will be considered a half-high elf or half-wood elf in BG3. I always thought she was part wood elf given how close Suldanesselar was to Tethyr, but it could go either way.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by benbaxter
It's been about 120 years since Abdel became 'the last' Bhaaspawn

We do not speak his name!
Beloved community favorite Abdel Adrian? I hope he comes back as a companion and there's an opportunity to romance the CANON Bhaalspawn.
He'll say, "It's me, Abdel Adrian. You wanna see my Bhaals?"

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 22/07/23 01:21 AM.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
F
addict
addict
F
I think Jaheira being non-romanceable is more to do with honouring the player choices of BG2. For some players, their MC partnered up with her and lived happily ever after. Some of those MC's were long-lived and in player head-canon are still alive.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jaheira in BG3 keeps her private life private to protect a loved one, or their memory of, and is therefore unavailable.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by FreeTheSlaves
I wouldn't be surprised if Jaheira in BG3 keeps her private life private to protect a loved one, or their memory of, and is therefore unavailable.

That would be the Jaheira I know and love.
Bu even if not, I hope they treat her with some class.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
We do not know her exact date of birth, but we do know that she was still a small child during the Year of the Bright Blade.

1347 DR = Year of the Bright Blade
145 years passed since Year of the Bright Blade

If she was a small child, I guess we can assume something between 5-10 years old.
Half-elves like Jaheira mature as fast as humans, but their prime is MUCH longer.
But her behavior in BG1 was very mature and not like the behavior of a young girl.

Therefore, I tend to say that she was about 10 years old, which would mean that she was 31 years old in BG1 and she will be 155 in BG3.

So, her exact age is no doubt somewhere in between 150-160.
Half-elves live an average of 180 years, but those who maintain healty lifestyle and have a strong connection with nature can live even more than 200 years.
I think she still looked pretty young 20 years ago, but right now she's entering a phase where she'll start aging rapidly, as half-elves only visibly age when they're nearing the end of their lives.

IF there is a possibility of a romance with Jaheira, I think it will be platonic rather than sexual.
Sure, maybe exchange a kiss or two, but I'm afraid Jaheira is past the point of looking for a partner to spend the rest of her life with.

Technically (this is the official lore) due to advanced age, Jaheira has already stepped down from her role as Harper and is retired.
But she still occasionally gives them a helping hand if she is asked for assistance.

Last edited by Edvin Black; 22/07/23 01:21 PM.
addict
addict
At the end of the day, it was her own fault for multi-classing.

Druids get Timeless Body at 18th level: the primal magic that you wield causes you to age more slowly. For every 10 years that pass, your body ages only 1 year.

Back from timeout.
But she picked her multi-class back in another ruleset. Was this an option at the time? And surely now she can just respec to get it. Granted, that won't make her de-age, but at least she can slow it going forward.

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
I don't think. wotc/larian care about choices the player made in bg2. Lol Jaheria and Minsc seem like they were pushed to be included and not Larian's choice. I dint see them having as much material as Larian's new characters. Clearly wotc wanted them.in an attempt to appeal.to players if the originals, but at least fir me, it backfired. Jaheria is one of my favorites, but Minsc has always been meh to me. I am not a fan of simple pandering.

This us why I'm.going to create my whole party. If a Larian not actually impresses me during the first playthriugh, and assuming I enjoy the game a lot; I'll probably try them in a 2nd playthriugh.

Originally Posted by Volourn
Lol Jaheria and Minsc seem like they were pushed to be included and not Larian's choice. I dint see them having as much material as Larian's new characters. Clearly wotc wanted them.in an attempt to appeal.to players if the originals, but at least fir me, it backfired. Jaheria is one of my favorites, but Minsc has always been meh to me. I am not a fan of simple pandering.

You'd be surprised how many characters from BG1 and BG2 is still live and hang around Baldurs Gate.
Minsc, Jaheira, Edwin, Sarevok, Viconia, Valygar, Imoen, Coran, Faldorn...

Since most of them hold prominent positions, it would actually be very strange if we didn't come across them.

Last edited by Edvin Black; 22/07/23 10:38 PM.
old hand
old hand
IN fact, and I;ve been saying this for ages - I *fully* expect Viconia, what with Shar being so involved here.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
L
L
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
IN fact, and I;ve been saying this for ages - I *fully* expect Viconia, what with Shar being so involved here.

I would actually be extremely disappointed if she didn't at least get a cameo somewhere in BG3. She fits this game better than any of the other characters who were in both previous games.

Originally Posted by Lemurion
Originally Posted by rodeolifant

I would actually be extremely disappointed if she didn't at least get a cameo somewhere in BG3. She fits this game better than any of the other characters who were in both previous games.

According to lore, she is hiding somewhere near the city with two drider servants.
She could easily be the leader of some underground Shar cult.

But although Viconia is selfish, arrogant and power-hungry, she is surprisingly not a person who seeks conflict.
If she is left alone, she is quite a peaceful person.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Why would she have drider servants? She worships Shar not Lloth...

I wouldn't mind some appearances if there's a good quest/stoiry invovled but cheap pandering cameos would just be annoying. Like if they had that turnip in the market hawking turnips.. that would be garbage. But, Edwin trying to find a way to rediscover Karsus' 'god creating' magic and you have to stop him (or even help him)would be nice... but that's more high level.

veteran
veteran
Viconia? YOU were the Absolute the whole time?

"I can't believe you fell for that."

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard