Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#867424 21/07/23 07:45 PM
A
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
A
Hey everyone,

I've read that we'll possibly get the update to the full game on 10am PST on the 3rd. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
It would suck immensely to not even be able to download the whole thing on release day, let alone play even a second.

Being a european company I hope Larian doesn't let Steam force them to do this.

This would be a very strong reason for the GoG version tbh.

Sorry I'm acting like a child here again, but I'd really like some official information about this.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
(broken record)Larian's communication has mostly been a black hole (nothing comes out, or very little). I doubt that's likely to change much.
I suspect it'll come out when it comes out..and no one will know exactly when.

Last edited by dbarron; 21/07/23 07:55 PM.
veteran
veteran
I believe most patches were released around that time aswell ...
So while this is no confirmation ... it seems like reasonable guess.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
No official statement but they said to keep an eye on their socials and wait for the end of the month so I expect some info around a week before release. (AKA next week)

Last edited by Adgaroth; 21/07/23 08:06 PM.
veteran
veteran
Swen have interwiev this Sunday ...

https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1682429605146140677

fingres crossed

C
addict
addict
C
I've seen all kinds of speculation, and 10 pacific is the least-likely.

That's what, 18:00 in CET? They're going to have folks stay late at work, in August, to a support a release, and make Europe have to wait all day?

Midnight PST is not speculation I've heard, but that makes the most sense to my mind. It's 8/3 for most of the Americas, and it's just an 8am start for the folks supporting the release, and it's not a disaster of a delay for Europe.

Last edited by colinl8; 21/07/23 08:42 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Swen have interwiev this Sunday ...

https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1682429605146140677

fingres crossed

Oh, it's on Dropped Frames. He already did one with them in the past but if memory serves me right (it might not) it was short and not much info came from it, let's see what happens in this one.

Last edited by Adgaroth; 21/07/23 08:17 PM.
A
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by colinl8

That's what, 18:00 in CST? They're going to have folks stay late at work, in August, to a support a release, and make Europe have to wait all day?

Midnight PST is not speculation I've heard, but that makes the most sense to my mind. It's 8/3 for most of the Americas, and it's just an 8am start for the folks supporting the release, and it's not a disaster of a delay for Europe.

From what I've heard, and don't want to be true, it's likely because seemingly Stream updates games at that time.

It's even 19:00 in Belgium then. Would be a horrible work day for Larian... and me xD

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AvalonTzi

That's what, 18:00 in CST? They're going to have folks stay late at work, in August, to a support a release, and make Europe have to wait all day?

From what I've heard, and don't want to be true, it's likely because seemingly Stream updates games at that time.

It's even 19:00 in Belgium then. Would be a horrible work day for Larian... and me xD

I think what you red is the ''default'' for steam if the Dev doesn't apply a custom hour for release, I'm not sure how it works but I'm a 100% sure the Devs can manually select the release hour themselves.

A
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by Adgaroth
Originally Posted by AvalonTzi

I think what you red is the ''default'' for steam if the Dev doesn't apply a custom hour for release, I'm not sure how it works but I'm a 100% sure the Devs can manually select the release hour themselves.

Well I can only quote what that person wrote, which was that it's always 10am PST for games leaving early access, but of course they can be wrong, which I'd appreciate^^

old hand
old hand
I'm rather anxious about this. I live in the woods, and am on cellular data. I have to go someplace to download it. LOL, I already have a dogsitter for the day. The only thing that's keeping me sane about this, is that it's a European developer and it'll not forget about us. If this goes live at 11PM, I will be extremely sour.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
I'm rather anxious about this. I live in the woods, and am on cellular data. I have to go someplace to download it. LOL, I already have a dogsitter for the day.
Looking at your location (most densely populated country in Europe) I find "I live in the woods" to be hilarious smile
But I feel your pain - I'm in an identical situation (sans dogsitter).

old hand
old hand
LOL, yes. But just like every other country, we too have countryside and nature reserves. Just smaller. And, just like every other Dutchman, i'm still within cycling distance of the nearest town [population: ~700]. That densely populated thing is primarily due to a specific area ; 'The Randstad', which I actively avoid unless someone pays me handsomely to work there.

But yeah, if Bear Grylls were to drop here with his parachute, he wouldn't go looking for high ground to get his bearings - becasue there isn't any. He;d just walk thirty minutes in any given direction and order fries with mayonnaise.

IN any case, the nearest things I can sit down and download this is a Library two towns over that closes at 4pm, or a Starbucks that closes at 6pm.
I have unlimited Data, and I can increase my daily limit for free... It's farily easy and takes about fifteen seconds... But that goes in brackets of 2GB every time. I'd have to do that seventy times. Not going to happen. Unless this comes after 6PM. I *could* get a hotel room.... To play a video game, lol.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
apprentice
apprentice
Personally, I hope they do a midnight release on Steam so everyone can download as the day ticks over in their timezone but that may just be because we are in GMT+10 so one of the first countries to access midnight releases.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Aren't games often available for download 2 days before the release date. Usually the installer in Steam auto installs the game so you just need to click on Play when the game is ready. Otherwise you risk download issues when everybody want to download the game at the same time.

How was Divinity Original Sin 2 released on Steam? Was that a Midnight release in every time zone? Or a common release at a pre set time in e. g. CET?

According to Google it says that Steam uses two methods to release games:
* Midnight release local time
* Global release at 1pm EST

I would think a European company like Larian would like to see their game out earlier than 7pm CET in Belgium. With a global release parts of Asia won't get the game until the 4th of August. With a midnight release you ensure everybody can play on 3rd of August.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stauffenberg
Aren't games often available for download 2 days before the release date. Usually the installer in Steam auto installs the game so you just need to click on Play when the game is ready. Otherwise you risk download issues when everybody want to download the game at the same time.

How was Divinity Original Sin 2 released on Steam? Was that a Midnight release in every time zone? Or a common release at a pre set time in e. g. CET?

I would think a European company like Larian would like to see their game out earlier than 7pm CET in Belgium. With a global release parts of Asia won't get the game until the 4th of August. With a midnight release you ensure everybody can play on 3rd of August.

We need to come up with a Universal release time that will upset everyone equally.

At least we should upset the Australians - not just because they deserve it - but because they are used to it :P

So 8am Central time will put it around 3PM UTC time and 3am NZST. Perfect!

Last edited by Blackheifer; 22/07/23 01:20 PM.

Blackheifer
A
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by Stauffenberg

Hope we get the midnight release honestly^^°

I'm pretty sick of every great game coming out 7pm in my timezone.

addict
addict
I'm pretty sure it will a midnight release. The EA version was released at midnight as well if I'm not mistaken, I vaguely remember staying awake for hours waiting for the download to finish...

apprentice
apprentice
Tomorrow will be interview with Swen, and on twitter now collecting questions, so You could ask it there, hope Swen will answer on it.
https://twitter.com/CohhCarnage/status/1682786483747409921

veteran
veteran
Thank you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard