Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#867454 21/07/23 08:16 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
So whats everyone's recommendations or favorites for modding BG3?
A few interesting ones:

Combat actions
Action economy closer to 5e. Shove=action, cant throw enemies, hide is a full action, can help an ally, jump only costs movement. Adds dodge
V1.23 Fix: Throw_Throw_Dex and cant throw characters

5e spells
This mod adds and modifies a number of unimplemented spells into the game (143 spells).

More feats
Adds additional feats into the game such as Crossbow Expert, Polearm Master, Sentinel and War Caster.

Expanded Warlock
Additional Warlock Subclasses, Pact Boons, Invocations, Spells, and much more.

Rarities of the realms 5e
This mod adds rare and interesting magical items found in the Forgotten Realms universe from the 5e rule set.

Search the room
Instead of painstakingly opening every container and corpse in a room after a long battle, instead just quickly search the room by crouching/sneaking.
Your character will make perception checks against all of the valuables and any successes will cause the item to have a reveal/glow effect play on them until you open/take them.

No more dirt and blood
Disables dirt and blood accumulation, optionally turns it completely invisible.

Tieflings of the Nine
Adds a total of 6 tiefling subraces sourced from Mordenkainen's Tome of foes.

Fabled backgrounds
Revised all backgrounds to fit the One D&D format. Furthermore, other background options have been added. Adding a grand total of 39 background options from all kinds of sourcebooks.

HQ World
The modification adds more detail and variety for textures.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 21/07/23 08:21 PM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
enthusiast
enthusiast
Just cosmetic mods for the 1st and 2nd playthroughs but I have to admit I can no longer play female characters without:

New Character Creation Presets WIP from KittenTails.

I've used Expanded Warlock (amazing mod with customized EB for every patron, and aditional patrons such as angelic IIRC) before because I wanted to play Hexblade but I also want to see what Larian did with the pact of the blade and since my 1st playthrough is gonna be warlock I won't wait until the mod is updated and I'll use it way down the line on another warlock run.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Another big question is based on what is available now, what kinds of mods are possible in the future?

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
I used KittenTails face presets and Hair in the past, Basket full of Equipment ( SfW), because there were some really nice armor skins and the EA didn't give us much in that regard, sometimes the Warlock mod for Hexblade and there was another clothing mod, that gave you Jaheiras outfit, which I really like.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
B
old hand
old hand
B
We have no idea what the final game is like - not a bit too early for mod speculation?

L
addict
addict
L
Never too early to talk about mods!

5e spells
Expansion
Both fantastic mods

Public service announcement: please wait for mods to be updated for the full game before trying them. We dont know how easy or hard that will be and therefore have no idea how long it will take. I want the best possible experience for all players..so we might have to be patient for our favorite mods to be updated!

addict
addict
Common Actions Rebalance (as it brings the game closer to 5E)
Customizer's Compendium (as it has the heads I use on most characters)

What I'm hoping for after release:

A mod to bring back the racial ASI as soon one gets relased (provided Larian doesn't give us the option)
A mod to remove the the casting and persistent vfx from most or all all abilities of martial classes
A mod that drastically tones down or removes the casting vfx for bard spells

Last edited by Kendaric; 22/07/23 12:18 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Buba68
We have no idea what the final game is like - not a bit too early for mod speculation?
I think the cosmetic mods might get an update in the full game. I really hope to see KittenTails mods again and the Basket mod, since it gave a greater variety of armor looks from the beginning on.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Originally Posted by fylimar
I think the cosmetic mods might get an update in the full game. I really hope to see KittenTails mods again and the Basket mod, since it gave a greater variety of armor looks from the beginning on.

Basket of Equipment may take a while to update, since we lose the belt slot apparently for some underwear which I suspect will require a significant rework.

veteran
veteran
I see no harm in it, even if it would.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
The full version is different from EA in MANY ways.
I'm pretty sure most mods won't work in the full version and will require a major update.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Can't wait to start a modded new game right away. I am not playing by Larian's rules rpg001

Oh and another great mod:
Basket full of Clothes smile

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 22/07/23 08:15 PM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
1. Any mod that lets me have sex with H0T beardless female dwarf ladies gets my thumbs up.

2. A mod that makes the game more compliant to 5e.

3. Heck, unlik3ely, but a mod that gives the option to play in 2e or 3e would be sweet.

4. 6 person party mod (with proper rebalancing to boot) would be welcomed.

5. Lion sex with a sexy lioness mod like the lioness from The Lion King.

6. A mod for more character creation options for muscles, genitals,chest/breast size.

7. Cooler old fashion classic fantasy armour.

8. More spell, skill mods.

8. A world map that gives cool random encounters since I heard the game has none. frown

Last edited by Volourn; 22/07/23 09:13 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Mods I'll be applying from week one:

Some form of nude mod, one that mixes it up with underwear and no underwear: like how it probably would be (immersion, obviously).

Increased cost to redoing your respeccing - exponentially rising.

Black Lotus den of naughtiness - if there isn't one like the Blushing Mermaid basement level in BG1.

Apart from that - let's GOOOOOOO AUG 3!!

New Zealand's finest Gith with a dark urge for KFC XX
veteran
Online Sad
veteran
I very much hope the party size increase mod gets updated and remains available (and is brought to Steam Workshop). My already-very low interest in playing the game will drop all the way down to zero if I cannot play with a party of six.

addict
OP Offline
addict
On a side note, wondering if there is a discord channel for BG3 modders?

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 23/07/23 09:48 PM.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by kanisatha
I very much hope the party size increase mod gets updated and remains available (and is brought to Steam Workshop). My already-very low interest in playing the game will drop all the way down to zero if I cannot play with a party of six.
Pretty much this.

Later on I'll want the ability to mod Withers to allow for fully customizable characters (assuming hirelings can't be entirely redone), but that can wait for a second playthrough. Meanwhile, without the way to play with a party of 6 then entirely a non-starter for me. I'll just wait to buy the game until the mod is updated for full release.

veteran
veteran
Same. I've been holding off cause I really want to enjoy the game at least once with a full run. If the game doesn't give the option for a party of 6, I'll probably just wait until that mod is sorted honestly, cause to me Baldur's Gate means 6. I'm hoping there will be a mod for the UI/Camera unlock stuff as well, otherwise I'm pretty sure I'll have to play this game with a controller.

Whatever head/hair mod ends up being best, that one too I'm sure! I wish there were more heads done for the final patch for the EA cause all the release hype articles just show the faces I've already seen.

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
The priority are sexual encounters and flirting mods

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Yet we get no sexay big breasted H0T dwarven women to simp over. frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard