Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
I will ration it the way a five year old rations chocolate. Any time I am not tied up with IRL obligations I'll be playing BG3.

I just want to say that is the best metaphor I've read in a while.

Back from timeout.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I don't play the same game for months at a time. I'll play through BG3 once, play some Cyberpunk, maybe EDF 6 if it's out by then, etc. Eventually go back to BG3 as I desire.

Yep.

I am going to do a complete play of BG3. Then I am going to either do a complete play of Starfield or Cyberpunk expansion. Then I will play the other.

By the time I am done with all three of them BG3 will likely have some patches, updates to the game, minor content additions and possibly even an announced expansion (though who knows). I can then revisit BG3 and do a play with a different class/race/origin/etc. Then I'll likely revisit Starfield for all of the DLC as well.

Those three games are going to keep me occupied for a while. Which is great!

R
R
Ration? Ration? 59.99 for all you can eat...ALL YOU CAN EAT!

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
I'll play it as much as I can depending how much I enjoy it.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by nuncle
so you have a little time at least for Starfield and Cyberpunk DLC? Or will you save those for 2025?

This has been an incredible few years for gaming. Not because there have been a LOT of great games, but because there have been studios that are AAA that are dedicated to the Art of creating great games - without microtransactions, P2w, whale-hunting, battlepasses or other bullshit.

Two in particular I consider the heart of gaming right now, and whether they realize it not they are leading a revolution.

Larian Studios and Fromsoftware.

No one else really matters - so until Shadow of the Erdtree comes out I am going to be all Baldur's' Gate 3, all the time.

+1
My sentiments exactly.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
veteran
veteran
I will take time with BG3 - I don’t like rushing games. I might very well get distracted before competing it - I might not we will see. Shadow Gambit and Armoured Core6 seem like biggest contenders to drag me away from BG3. There is also Lamplighters League later down the line.

old hand
old hand
I'll take some days off to kickstart a playthrough and follow up with a milder gaming schedule, probably.

addict
addict
BG3 is realistically the only game I’ll be playing for the foreseeable future. I’ll carve out a bit of time for some multiplayer with friends/family on the division heartland when it launches but that will be it.

veteran
veteran
Bosses all around are gonna be like, what's going on? Why's everyone taking off work this week?

N
old hand
old hand
N
I got the week of launch up, gunna game till I pass out.

I only play BG3, nothing else. I'm not much of a gamer, never interested in games, but BG3 got me hooked! With BG3, I can feel that the game was made with love. I don't get that same feeling from any other game.

veteran
veteran
Im planning just some regular healthy gaming ...
20h per day tops ... no social contact, eating cold pizza by computer to save time, lots of cofeine, i didnt get vacation tho ... so maybe il break my leg or something. laugh

Nothing too crazy, you know. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 23/07/23 05:55 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
journeyman
journeyman
I don't think a lot of people would actually play a bg game for a whole year straight, there's just not that much to do beside the story, unless they want to replay it, but its only for the most dedicated. I'll probably finish my playthrough in a week or so, with all of the side quests done, and jump in to the starfield on release, maybe do a second run in a few months if its good

Last edited by Seventrussel; 25/07/23 01:25 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Seventrussel
I don't think a lot of people would actually play a bg game for a whole year straight, there's just not that much to do beside the story, unless they want to replay it, but its only for the most dedicated. I'll probably finish my playthrough in a week or so, with all of the side quests done, and jump in to the starfield on release
The thing is you can only see one permutation of the story in one playthrough but there are a lot of permutations...and one playthrough is likely to be over 200 hours. So yeah, I can easily see this game lasting over a year. I'd imagine the minimum number of playthroughs for BG3 to be at least five before moving on from the game. But that's absolute minimum, realistically this will be a 10+ playthrough game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I know no moderation when it comes to games I am this excited to play. Will likely do two full playthroughs just to see the difference...and then some more to see different romances and/or companions arcs.

Perhaps Cities Skylines II will tear me away for an evening or two, but I don't plan on playing Starfield on launch becuase no Bethesda game was ready on launch day, ever. And Cyberpunk DLC can wait, not really in the mood to start the game over so soon - let them hotfix it, let the mods update etc.

Either way I believe I'll get to 600h in BG3 in no time :P

And by then there will probably be some cool mods to check out and the cycle will continue... like i said, zero moderation.

journeyman
journeyman
I don't think a lot of people would actually play a bg game for a whole year straight, there's just not that much to do beside the story, unless they want to replay it, but its only for the most dedicated. I'll probably finish my playthrough in a week or so, with all of the side quests done, and jump in to the starfield on release
The thing is you can only see one permutation of the story in one playthrough but there are a lot of permutations...and one playthrough is likely to be over 200 hours. So yeah, I can easily see this game lasting over a year. I'd imagine the minimum number of playthroughs for BG3 to be at least five before moving on from the game. But that's absolute minimum, realistically this will be a 10+ playthrough game.

Its not going to be a different story thought. You can play forever if you want to see every possible dialogue option, but I'm not really interested in creating the character, that I'm not associating with, only to see the different outcome in the same narrative that I've already experienced, and can pretty much already see what would happened. There could be some unexpected ways the story can go depending on that, but it usually not that drastic, and everything else would just feel repetitive. The main point of making choices is to set the tone of the story to your liking, and roleplay, not to grind endings. Its like reading a mystery gamebook but already know who the killer is. And you also have the possibility to side with the killer at some point, but why would you do that, if you want him in prison. Some people I guess would like to see every single sentence possible, but as I said, its for the most dedicated

Last edited by Seventrussel; 25/07/23 02:20 PM.
veteran
veteran
Its not going to be a different story thought. You can play forever if you want to see every possible dialogue option, but I'm not really interested in creating the character, that I'm not associating with, only to see the different outcome in the same narrative that I've already experienced, and can pretty much already see what would happened. There could be some unexpected ways the story can go depending on that, but it usually not that drastic, and everything else would just feel repetitive. The main point of making choices is to set the tone of the story to your liking, and roleplay, not to grind endings. Its like reading a mystery gamebook but already know who the killer is. And you also have the possibility to side with the killer at some point, but why would you do that, if you want him in prison. Some people I guess would like to see every single sentence possible, but as I said, its for the most dedicated
It really is though...this is a game where there are a lot of big impact choices and depending on who you ally with and what you do things play out VERY differently. This isn't the kind of game where no matter what you choose you walk the same path and end up fighting the same people along the way. There will be vast differences in how things play out based on your choices.

journeyman
journeyman
It really is though...this is a game where there are a lot of big impact choices and depending on who you ally with and what you do things play out VERY differently. This isn't the kind of game where no matter what you choose you walk the same path and end up fighting the same people along the way. There will be vast differences in how things play out based on your choices.

I doubt its going to be that big of an impact. Even the games that have a direct focus on creating the different outcomes and branches of the storyline, depending on the player choices, just don't have a budget to make the major changes in plot. Its probably going to be just a upgraded version of the original sin 2, where you can bend the story, but most of the things will fundamentally stay the same. I guess that kind of subjective, but I didn't feel like replaying it, because I already played the way I wanted, and the second playthrough just going to be the same thing, but with the different props, where I'm not a mage but a necromancer, and not saving people, that I've saved, but killing them instead

Last edited by Seventrussel; 25/07/23 03:09 PM.
veteran
veteran

I doubt its going to be that big of an impact. Even the games that have a direct focus on creating the different outcomes and branches of the storyline, depending on the player choices, just don't have a budget to make the major changes in plot. Its probably going to be just a upgraded version of the original sin 2, where you can bend the story, but most of the things will fundamentally stay the same. I guess that kind of subjective, but I didn't feel like replaying it, because I already played the way I wanted, and the second playthrough just going to be the same thing, but with the different props, where I'm not a mage but a necromancer, and not saving people, that I've saved, but killing them instead
Nope, this will not just be an upgraded DOS2 but vastly far beyond DOS2 by millions of miles. In BG3 your actions will most likely lead you to one ending or a limited choice of a couple endings and if you want others you'll have to play very differently, make different choices, etc. while in DOS2 you'd reach the end and just choose an ending where the majority were available. DOS2 also annoyed me in two ways: 1) best ending = you die...entirely pointless generic ending, another one you become like a soulless zombie or something, and 2) there was no satisfying evil victory ending...you just release the big bad and everyone's screwed but honestly bland and boring. None of those endings felt satisfying in any way or were memorable. That selection of endings just ended the game on a sour note for me. But that's not what's going on here in BG3 at all...the endings are far more satisfying and memorable...like an evil ending where you become the ruler of the forgotten realms...far far better stuff all around.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
I will ration it the way a five year old rations chocolate. Any time I am not tied up with IRL obligations I'll be playing BG3.

I was going to say just this, but less well. I should finish up a playthrough before Starfield.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard