Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
stranger
stranger
Same issue here. I'm using the work around where I mapped an extra mouse button to a direction hot key so I can quickly unlock the camera but it is super annoying (and also steals a mouse button I could use for something else) but would like to see a fix soon.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by SOCombatMedic
Same issue here. I'm using the work around where I mapped an extra mouse button to a direction hot key so I can quickly unlock the camera but it is super annoying (and also steals a mouse button I could use for something else) but would like to see a fix soon.

Check the fix of mine I posted on previous page. It is a real fix.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Did it get fixed now? For me, after Patch, is still not working. Any other experiences?

Last edited by Mumf; 25/08/23 01:40 PM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
No
Originally Posted by Mumf
Did it get fixed now? For me, after Patch, is still not working. Any other experiences?
No, they didn't. It's ridiculous.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Guys, you don't have to use AutoHotkey app to use the fix of mine anymore. I compiled exe files. So just download the right exe for your version, run and enjoy edge panning in BG3.

Fix for DX11 version is here.
Fix for Vulkan version is here.

Edit:
Please, guys, like the fix or add it to bookmarks on steam so that it was more visible for other guys. It's here.

Last edited by Pilda; 25/08/23 03:28 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Really now? 4.5 hotfixes and a huge patch and still edge panning is not fixed and broken? Can Larian comment on that? When will it be repaired?

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Incredible a huge patch but the game breaking bug continues. Yes they fixed being able to dye someone's underpants but never mind about the game breaking bug that prevents so many people from playing the game. Takes your breath away. Oh well maybe in 3 years.

M
stranger
stranger
M
It shows their prios. Immature , prepubertary focus on digital romance scenes. Definately i will not buy anything which comes crawling out of the lower back of this company in future, no matter how hyped it is by youtubers. What they are very good is, is marketing obviously.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
> 3000 views alone here in the forum, but no single reply from Larian when they have the kindness to fix this.

Over all: a very disappointing situation.
I'll go with Solasta DLCs in the future.
Book it on lessons learned.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I just don't understand their priorities. Someone writes them that they have to 200x per hour solve the edge panning bug and the game is hardly playable for them and they set the priority for fixing the bug lower than a clipping penis or coloring panties. It's not normal.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I agree with everything you folks are saying. I use this mod:
Native Camera Tweaks
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/945

Installation and demonstration video here:

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Bump

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
The mod really doesn't help at all with the edge panning issue. I also think WASD pretty much worked already as its what you need to do to get the edge panning to work. Most of us don't want to use wasd just want the edge panning to work correctly. I agree that it seems some of the developers seem to be representative of pre pubescent teenagers with their fixation with genitals and women's underwear whilst ignoring this game destroying bug. I've got one message for those developers 'Grow up'.

veteran
veteran
What I find odd about the edge panning is that it worked fine in early access. I'm not sure why it was locked in full release. There had to be some reason. Maybe some people were getting annoyed with it because they kept accidentally triggering it? I don't know. I do miss being able to use it without having to reach for the keyboard, though.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Yeah, I pretty much gave up on the game, the sexualization alone was dumb, but then to deal with a terrible camera. Just easier to go back playing Div 2 if I want a good rpg. Or many other games. I had no idea nerds fixated so much on animated sex, that was surprising to realize for me.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Hatelore
Yeah, I pretty much gave up on the game, the sexualization alone was dumb, but then to deal with a terrible camera. Just easier to go back playing Div 2 if I want a good rpg. Or many other games. I had no idea nerds fixated so much on animated sex, that was surprising to realize for me.

I’d prefer folk weren’t so hung up on animated sex, too, and particularly that they’d not bring it up in threads that it has absolutely nothing to do with! Please let’s stay on topic.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I think to be far Hatelore was mainly referring to the priorities of the developers in fixing colored panties and penis clipping rather than a serious bug that is preventing many of us from playing the game. Come to think of it given the demonstrated obsession with all things sex based one would have thought the devs would have fixed this immediately leaving on hand free for 'other things'.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Kerro
one would have thought the devs would have fixed this immediately leaving on hand free for 'other things'.

that was a good morning laugh for me!

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
To Pilda : just came home from holiday and your ahk script is working like a charm. Thank you so much!
To the developers : shame on you.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I can see reading comprehension is not your strong point. I was referring to the priorities of the developers, and how they choose something so unimportant over a game breaking issue.

Additionally, last I remember; we kicked your Country back into the ocean for our freedom of religion and fair taxation, and in so doing we solidified a God given right of freedom of speech through our Constitution, namely in our Bill of Rights. You want to be a cop? Go be a cop IRL, this is a game forums where we can freely discuss technical issues at our leisure.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard