Print Thread
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Karmic Dice is turned off.

I have 33 hours in the full release.
I am in Act 3.
And in that time; Not ONE SINGLE NPC has failed a concentration saving throw. I wish I was exaggerating, but I am not.
I decided to type this when, during a Gith fight, one of the green so-and-so's had THREE of my people linked with some sort of mental effect at the same time. And I killed him without him dropping a single connection.

Dude got ping-ponged left and right by Wyll's Eldrich Blast knocking people back + A Druid in Owlbear form. Dude never lost concentration.

Edit: I also summoned an Azer for this fight; 50% ToHit; It has missed every attack so far (That's 7 and counting).
Can someone tell me the odds of missing a 50% chance to hit 7 times in a row? Because it has me somewhat salty. x.x

Last edited by Eguzky; 09/08/23 02:32 AM.
old hand
old hand
What difficulty are you on?

I find it particularly hard to protect my own concentrations, but breaking it is fairly doable. Magic Missle is a godsend for this. Upcast it,. they need to save for each missile hit. Otherwise, CC them, knock them prone, that sort of thing - 100% no conentration.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
old hand
old hand
Check log or hover over the NPC to see his buffs / debuffs bcs it sounds like the later enemies often have the buff from Elixier of Peerless Focus...question

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Can someone tell me the odds of missing a 50% chance to hit 7 times in a row? Because it has me somewhat salty.

If you turn off the Karmic Dice (which I cannot figure out why that was ever added) then the chance of 50% missing 7 times in a row is the same as 1 missing each time. It's called the forgetfulness property. No prior coin flip has any influence on the next coin flip. The events are unrelated (with the Karmic dice turned off) therefore do not impact each other. It can be explained with math I can't remember how to calculate anymore, but it's why those Karmic dice should have never be added to the game. Luckily you can turn them off.
https://www.statisticshowto.com/memoryless-property/

Last edited by JustMeHere; 11/08/23 12:53 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard