Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Great game but if i can please suggest an improvement.
When mouse-overing enemies with abilities (especially melee ones) the game will suggest some kind of auto pathing to reach them.

But if you are on top of a building or cliff the game will not suggest pathing by using the nearest ladder (a safe route) - instead it will first suggest literally leaping off the roof onto the floor 2 stories down, losing half your health and instantly rendering your character Prone which naturally stops your entire turn.

Its really annoying when i have to reload an entire long fight just cause i did not notice a little prone symbol next to the attack tooltip above an enemy i am mouse-overing.

Especially because i am not expecting the game to literally suggest that my barbarian leaps of a building and knocks herself prone as a "optimal" path to doing a melee attack (which does not happen because prone).

I know some spells provide "fall damage immunity" but the game should not priority suggest pathing methods that will 100% result in a prone (thus failing the attack) as an "optimal" way to execute a melee move (when fall damage immunity is not present).

Last edited by Bogdanov89; 24/08/23 09:30 AM.
veteran
veteran
Yup, the pathfinding needs improvements as it is for some reason worse than it was in Early Access. Even when there are no ladders, I often encounter the companions miscalculating their movement range and ending up just out of reach of an enemy, which then ruins their attack turn.

To better demonstrate what you're describing here's a video of two such cases which I haven't sent yet as feedback;

veteran
veteran
I've found that BG3 doesn't always properly take into account the slowing effects of difficult terrain. Any time I had to walk through Hunger of Hadar, the game would show that my toons expect to reach point A, but wouldn't actually reach that point when I clicked "go".

Link Copied to Clipboard