Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Jones76 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Dear Larian, the so called performance improvements in Patch 2 do the exact opposit! I'm down to 2-15 fps in dialogue scenes from 80-120 with Patch 1. I rarely see anything above 50 while exploring (act 1, checked everything in a new game).

veteran
veteran
Yeah, the game has become unplayable for me and I had no problems before

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
V
stranger
stranger
V
Hello, same here, I went from 80 fps to 50 fps in act 3 (4070 ti with i7 12700k).

The performance increase on DX11 is incredible, I never thought I'd be playing Act III at 60 FPS on my 1050ti! smile The game is completely unplayable on Vulkan though, it's at under 10 FPS most of the times.

Do you guys have latest drivers?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raz415
The performance increase on DX11 is incredible, I never thought I'd be playing Act III at 60 FPS on my 1050ti! smile The game is completely unplayable on Vulkan though, it's at under 10 FPS most of the times.
Seeing the same on Linux with Proton. However, when running dx11 my game grinds almost to a halt during longer NPC conversations (one time yesterday it froze my entire system), but once the conversation is over, everything returns to normal again. This is not something you have experienced?

O
stranger
stranger
O
Sergey, I just checked my nvidia drivers and they are up to date.

I am using windows 11 with Vulkan. I had absolutely no problems before. The game ran beautifully. Now I have the same performance problems.

I will try on DX11 since someone mentioned it was working for them but I really want to be using Vulkan more than DX.

If DX is working better for now, I will let you know here.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Okay, back.

I can Confirm that using DX11 instead of Vulkan does bring my fps completely back to normal. The load times are back to being fast as well with DX11.

Now I would like to mention that with Vulkan, my graphics for BG3 were looking as if they would pop out of the screen... almost 3D. Trees came out from the background etc. Things just popped out.
With DX11, that is not the case.
The picture is on Ultra settings on everything and it all runs fine but the picture just isn't as eye catching.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I can't play on dx11, and until Patch 2 Vulkan ran smooth as butter. Now it's practically unplayable. PLEASE FIX THIS.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'm having this issue on both my machines. 3090 on one and 3060 on my laptop, both lost 30-40 fps. No mods, tried DX11 and Vulkan, tried disabling the launcher, both have fully updated drivers. I tried dropping the quality to low and it didn't help a bit. No idea what's going on, but the game is basically unplayable--if my character or camera is moving, or a cutscene is playing, I can barely hit 20 fps.

What the heck happened?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Can confirm.

My hardware is great and all my component software is updated.

i7, tons of ram, tons of storage, RTX 3050. The only caveat I can think of is that I still have Win 10, not 11.

Was running perfectly for the first month, but since the patch, performance has taken a significant nose dive.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this game so this hurts.

EDIT: Re-install had no effect for me.

Also, I disabled god rays or whatever and seems to have brought me back up to 50-60 FPS in lower city.

This might be an nvidia/Larian issue and not just Larian's problem to solve.

Last edited by Macali; 03/09/23 02:17 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
WIn10, RTX 3060Ti, Ryzen 7 5700x, in Act 3, no problems before or after patch 2.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Hey I totally fixed my performance issues by quick traveling to the Rivington waypoint and back into the city--went from a gross 22 fps when walking around to high 40s low 50s with a 3060. No idea why this works, but it sure seems to!

A
stranger
stranger
A
I had a couple of crashes after the new patch, but I fixed it by clearing the level cache folder. Make sure the game is closed, then go to C:\Users\"your username here"\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3 and delete the LevelCache folder. The game will generate it again when it runs. After I did that no more crashes. Not sure why it's a problem but worth a try. I also may just be imagining it but I think FPS improved after I did this as well.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I tried deleting the cache folder, but no dice. Windows 11, RTX 2070 (driver 537.13), Ryzen 7600. I'm seeing 7 FPS in the menus with DLSS set to Performance, which is obviously not reasonable (nor does it align with the "recommended" settings that it auto-detects).

The performance regression is basically the same for both Vulkan and DX11.

[Edit] I was able to resolve my issue by completely uninstalling, deleting any Larian-related files in AppData or elsewhere, and then re-downloading the game. Doing a 'verify game files' didn't do the trick, unfortunately, so you'll need to get the whole thing again.

Last edited by gervase; 02/09/23 01:57 PM.
J
Jones76 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I switched to DX11 last evening an can confirm, that the performance is better, but nowhere near Vulkan Patch 1 performance. After playing for maybe 2 hours frame rate dropped from the high 50ies into the low 20ies on an RTX3080/Ryzen 5900x with newest drivers.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by lessdenied
Hey I totally fixed my performance issues by quick traveling to the Rivington waypoint and back into the city--went from a gross 22 fps when walking around to high 40s low 50s with a 3060. No idea why this works, but it sure seems to!

Same smile

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I am playing on DX11 and since Patch 2 I have performance issues. I never had them before, even on max settings! Now the fps is down when I am in Baldur’s Gate and I have issues when entering and during dialogues.

F
stranger
stranger
F
+1, patch still has my game running super slowly. Tried both Vulkan and DX11

E
Ema Offline
stranger
stranger
E
Same here, after patch 2 act 3 is unplayable for me dropped to 20 fps from 80fps.
No mod, all vanilla game. Same with DX11 or Vulkan.
Ryzen 3900X and 2080ti. My cpu and gpu use dropped in act 3 after patch, but only act3, other act run well.

I tried all workaround but nothing, only a rollback worked for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard