Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Archenar
So it looks like there won't be DLCs or Bg4, not to mention a tool set or a DM mode, this is really bad:

https://www.ign.com/articles/larian...c-then-canceled-it-the-studio-was-elated

Honestly all of the above makes absolutely no sense to me: I can understand no DM mode, but also no DLCs or Bg4?

Other than the fact that the D&D franchise has a multitude of other settings that they could have jumped into? I mean the BG story is really told at this point - no need to come back to it.

This is why ME4 - despite probably being a total piece of garbage - will sell well. People get nostalgic instead of moving on to a new story and experience. You are enabling companies like EA and bad works like that when you pine for a continuation of a story that is complete.

Blackheifer
So it looks like there won't be DLCs or Bg4, not to mention a tool set or a DM mode
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The toolset is still coming. Swen has confirmed it.
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
This is why ME4 - despite probably being a total piece of garbage - will sell well. People get nostalgic instead of moving on to a new story and experience. You are enabling companies like EA and bad works like that when you pine for a continuation of a story that is complete.
That's an assumption. Not all of Bioware's games have sold well. For example Mass Effect Andromeda underperformed which led to EA cancelling DLC plans and sequels to it. Anthem also majorly underperformed.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
So it looks like there won't be DLCs or Bg4, not to mention a tool set or a DM mode
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The toolset is still coming. Swen has confirmed it.
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
That's an assumption. Not all of Bioware's games have sold well. For example Mass Effect Andromeda underperformed which led to EA cancelling DLC plans and sequels to it. Anthem also majorly underperformed.

I honestly hope you are right and that nobody buys ME4 and that BioWare is allowed to die a merciful death instead of being forced to churn out trash.

Fingers crossed on the toolset. I am trying not to have high expectations so as not to be disappointed.

Blackheifer
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard