Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Could you please balance out boss fights, and make them actually fun. Going into a fight where its 10-16 against four just isn't fun. Specially when some enemies can make multiple attacks per round, and you can't. I can't count how many times I've had to reload a save because four enemies in a row make two or three attacks per turn all on the same character killing them before anyone else even gets a turn. Not to mention it causes hell on the game itself even with an RTX. I've had multiple fights where too many enemies started glitching out trying to move, and end up inside of walls where you can't hit them but they can hit you. You're trying to tell a story, so why not balance out the fights so the players can actually enjoy it, and not have to spend more time reloading saves killing the immersion because you all thought for some reason that 10 to 16 enemies against four in turn base combat would be fun. For example, there is a section in the colony under moonrise where you walk in and at least 20 enemies attacks you. If this was a 3rd person combat, or FPS like game that wouldn't be as much of an issue but its not and there are just way too many enemies at once to even remotely be balanced or fun. Even on explorer mode your characters are like paper mache compared to the enemies, and get less attacks per turn than most enemies get. Just kinda of hard to actually enjoy the story like explorer mode says its about when your story ends up being about your last save point, and less and less about the actual story, do to incredibly unbalanced fights due to numbers of enemies, and number of attacks enemies get compared to what the player gets, and enemies glitching out during combat causing you to have to reload because you can't attack them.

addict
addict
I apologize to be "that guy" but here is my suggestion for you:

1. Reduce your difficulty.

2. You have a skill gap you need to close:
[*] Learn to use crowd control spells to make swarm of enemies practically docile. - that 20+ enemy you can meet within moonrise can controlled with Sleet Storm easily. The same with the Hold the portal for Halshin fight.
[*] Also do you know Cleric is *very* useful in Act 2? They can cast Turn undead, imagine that you cast that spell, in the middle of 500 ghouls?

3. Report the glitch to Larian, I fortunately haven't encounter such weird bug, possibly driver-related issue.

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
veteran
veteran
I agree, crowd control spells are your friends. Hypnotic Pattern is great in that regard. You can also use summons to help you.
Haste is good to let you get in more attacks.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who

Link Copied to Clipboard