Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I'm in the city of Buldur's Gate, and I talked to the wizard in the tower who wants to re-imprison the Nightsong. All my followers tell me after I chat with them that we need to stop the wizard so I tell the Nightsong about it. Once we get to the tower, and confront the wizard with the Nightsong. All my party members disapprove. That makes zero since considering their previous dialog contradicts their disapproval. This whole approval/disapproval mechanic doesn't seem very well thought out. I mean I don't really care about the relationship mechanic linked to the approval/disapproval mechanic. I'd just like to understand the logic behind writing dialog to encourage the player character to side/help the Nightsong, then proceed to make them disapprove of it. Did the dialog writers and approval/disapproval dev's not work together? Did they not quality test things to see if their dialog coincided with the approval/disapproval mechanic? It's more about the baffling logic behind something like this that confuses me more than anything.

Last edited by Nightlistic; 16/09/23 07:29 AM.
addict
addict
Seems like Larian Studio A in Spain took care of xxx
While Larian Studio B in Malaysia took care of xxx
Larian Studio C in Mexico took care of xxx
etc...
In the end we have weird stuff like this that now Headquarters are patch fixing.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 16/09/23 07:45 AM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
I am fairly convinced there are a few instances where the devs intended approval but scripted disapproval by accident.

Link Copied to Clipboard