Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
addict
addict
IT'S HERE! I need some patch note wink

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dracuhl
Huge agree. Why do I have to go to another site for news, information, etc on the game and not their official website?

Because places like Twitter allow for a consolidation of entities offering information.

If every company relied on their own personal website for communicating with their community, people would be forced to sail from island to island. And companies would get less engagement overall.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
I found out about through other sites which probably got their information from X/Twitter.

Anyway they could probably post the information on here and Twitter and other sites. But I don't think the average gamer comes here. I come here but I don't go to other official forums for other games. The information, I think, would reach a larger audience through other sites.

Where the notes at?

G
stranger
stranger
G

Enjoy it, Mac users! smile

M
stranger
stranger
M
Thanks for the release. Unfortunately, the magic mirror doesn't work. Maybe a conflict with some mods...

Last edited by Miraceti; 22/09/23 03:52 PM.
O
stranger
stranger
O
So still no way to switch between ranged and melee on controllers frown thought that will be a priority for some reason.

apprentice
apprentice

Holy crap, I need a medic for my scroll wheel finger, repetetive strain injury.
Larians patch notes ought to have a health warning smile

Last edited by 4lt3rn1ty; 22/09/23 06:03 PM.

Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Joebro
Twitter is indeed great for that purpose, but since it was changed to a certain unnamed rich man's pet project with the strange innate obsession of a certain letter in the alphabet, you can not see all that information without being logged in. Many people including me don't subscribe to having an account on that website, for one reason or another.

I'm here on the official Larian forums, which should by default be the first place to go to for firsthand information about their products. No hate, just a suggestion for Larian that maybe they haven't considered.

I'm here on the Larian forums, too, and I disagree with you. I found it always amusing that before Musk voiced his personal political preferences publicly, he was the darling of certain unnamed left-wing rich men in the states who thought he could do no wrong...:) Left-wing billionaires don't believe that people with differing opinions and preferences from their own, however, should be allowed to express any opinions at all, apparently. Here's the thing, posting to X is exactly like posting to Twitter before Musk bought the company. You can post exactly the same now as then, with the added bonus that you are much less likely to have your posts banned along with yourself banned as well--for the "crime" of having an opinion. I think that is huge progress, myself. Get over Musk, Twitter is far better as X, imo. I don't know how anyone can support being a ban-happy person who wants to silence anyone who doesn't think like he does. Is that sort of thing even rational?

Look, I don't agree with your post, but I fully support your right to say it and to express your own opinion! Reading your opinion does not damage or discomfit me, exactly like posting on X does not damage or discomfit you...;) That's called being "open-minded" and we could use a lot more of that these days, all over the world. Let's can the hate and bigotry, the narrow-mindedness, and make an effort to communicate and be accepting of ideas that aren't copies of our own. There might even be something worth learning, from all sides of an issue!

Does Larian distribute its software through this web site? Nope--not at all. This site is not intended for that purpose. Larian distributes its games through Steam and Gog, primarily. Both Steam and Gog have BG3 forums in which all sorts of opinions are shared. Thousands...;) There are multitudes of private sites dedicated to Larian games--there are Wikis--just take a moment and Bing/Duck/Goggle "BG3 forums," or something similar, and there will be no shortage of information presented to you. The Internet is a great resource--like having the Library of Thebes at our fingertips. But it does us no good if we do not use it. If Larian built this site to satisfy 100% of your suggestions and to answer all of your complaints, there would be ten thousand other people who would protest that it isn't any good at all...;)

Last edited by Waltc; 22/09/23 09:20 PM.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Zenith
TRANSMOG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE

Yes please

enthusiast
enthusiast
The most annoying thing about this patch is that it thinks its the full game.

Consequently it demands enough space for the full game.

On a drive that already has the previous game installed.

Normally I wouldnt notice that, but my current gaming rig only has a 500 GB drive. And BG3 is now at 150 GB or something (forgotten the exact number).

So I literally have to uninstall the game, and install the new version as a full game, because the patch refuses to run.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
The most annoying thing about this patch is that it thinks its the full game.

Consequently it demands enough space for the full game.

On a drive that already has the previous game installed.

Normally I wouldnt notice that, but my current gaming rig only has a 500 GB drive. And BG3 is now at 150 GB or something (forgotten the exact number).

So I literally have to uninstall the game, and install the new version as a full game, because the patch refuses to run.

Patch 3 is 10GB. If it wont run then perhaps you do not have enough space left on the drive.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Beechams
Patch 3 is 10GB. If it wont run then perhaps you do not have enough space left on the drive.

I can confirm... you do have to have near 140gb free before "patch3" will even install. This in addition to the already 150gb.

I had 120gb free, and the patch said nope, not happening -not enough space. I had to move about 20gb of files off and that fixed the issue. A bit of an annoyance - but I got thru it.

In another forum someone mentioned the patch has to unpack a 70gb graphic file in your install directory to twice it's size... and then re-pack it. think

Last edited by DemonsNcide; 27/09/23 04:34 AM. Reason: ocd
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Liesy Schwarz
Is Magic Mirror coming to PS5?
Sure, it is in your camp.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by DemonsNcide

I can confirm... you do have to have near 140gb free before "patch3" will even install. This in addition to the already 150gb.

I had 120gb free, and the patch said nope, not happening -not enough space. I had to move about 20gb of files off and that fixed the issue. A bit of an annoyance - but I got thru it.

In another forum someone mentioned the patch has to unpack a 70gb graphic file in your install directory to twice it's size... and then re-pack it. think

That still sounds like a Windows issue due to lack of space rather than a problem with Patch 3. Windows always sets aside a percentage of your C drive for itself. This size can be set manually.

A 70GB graphic file which unpacks to 140GB? I doubt that very much.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Game just downloaded... something... today, any idea what it was? Larian going under the radar to "fix" some of the problems with patch 3 Im guessing since they didnt post anything about it.

stranger
stranger
https://eip.gg/bg3/news/hotfix-7/
Just some bug fixes...

I am what I am and make no apologies.
stranger
stranger
That still sounds like a Windows issue due to lack of space rather than a problem with Patch 3. Windows always sets aside a percentage of your C drive for itself. This size can be set manually.

No. This is an issue with patch3, it had been mentioned on multiple forums. If you are playing on a PC, have the "patch2/hotfix2" version ALREADY installed, when manually updating the patch asks for nearly 140gb of space. My BG3 install is not even on the same drive as my Windows OS, so it's not some kind of Windows size issue.

Originally this post was to provide some helpful insight/solution to people on PC, having that specific version installed, and trying to run patch3 on a drive that has less than 140gb free - If this dosen't apply to you, (PS5/different BG3 version installed/installed full already patched version/Steam auto-updated your install) this is not something you may have had to deal with, then perhaps not make assumptions?

Last edited by DemonsNcide; 27/09/23 06:41 PM. Reason: ocd
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard