Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
stranger
stranger
S
I am not sure if it is my load order or the mods that I am using but Magic Mirror works, in both new games and old saved games, with the mods that I use and I'm using almost 50.

If it helps anyone or if someone is curious, here's my load order and the mods that I use:

0. BetterLoot
1. AutoSaver
2. Know It All
3. GodslayerMod
4. chooseyourstats
5. InfiniteDyes
6. Initiative Variants - d10
7. TutorialChestSummoning
8. Books Notes Zero Weight
9. Alchemy Ingredients Zero Weight
10. Food Supplies Zero Weight
11. Gold Weight Zero
12. KvCampEvents
13. ShowApprovalRatings
14. All in one Edition
15. Collector Edition
16. Secret Edition
17. Wanderer Edition
18. AmuletOfRituals
19. BG3 Fixed
20. BG3 Fixed PnP
21. BG3 Fixed Balance
22. BagsBagsBags
23. Skills Unlocked
24. UtilityCantripsEnhanced
25. DamageCantripsEnhanced
26. SecretScrolls
27. OmniscientWizards
28. Sorcery
29. EldritchKnightPlusFullCHA
30. Trickery
31. Night Piercer Cantrip
32. SorcererLearnSpells
33. BudgetDivineSoulWithWizardHomework
34. UmbralFix
35. DreadFix
36. UACunningStrike
37. UASteadyAim
38. Rogue Unchained
39. Paladin Leader - C
40. ArcherySwordBard
41. Bard Fixes and Tweaks
42. Expanded Bard Spells
43. TomeCantrips
44. Warlock Unleashed - Ultimate Warlock
45. Warlock Unleashed
46. Warlock Unleashed - Ultimate Warlock - Standalone - Level 4
--------------------
Override ModFixer
Override No Pickpocket Investigation

Plus I also use the BG3ScriptExtender.

Lastly, I can load a previously non-modded save just fine.
I honestly don't know why everything works for me while others mention having problems.

Last edited by Spartacii; 23/09/23 09:21 AM. Reason: More Info
Z
addict
addict
Z
Do you have bag in bag and use the items from it?

A
stranger
stranger
A
What a garbage update! Magic mirror is a smaller problem. Despite I use only 3 mods + modfixer and ImprovedUI, this patch has broken my game completely. I cannot load ANY save that was mod-free to begin with, I now have to deactivate all mods each time to be able to play those save-files!
What a shame.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yes, I have the BagsBagsBags installed and I can use the all the bags. I have seen some others saying it no longer works for them but it works for me. I don't know why!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Arcturus
What a garbage update! Magic mirror is a smaller problem. Despite I use only 3 mods + modfixer and ImprovedUI, this patch has broken my game completely. I cannot load ANY save that was mod-free to begin with, I now have to deactivate all mods each time to be able to play those save-files!
What a shame.

A little harsh, eh?

It's always let the mod user beware

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Arcturus
What a shame.

I have mods installed and it works fine. Make sure to download the new version of Improved UI and you should be fine.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RoseL
Level Up will now queue all characters who can be levelled up so you don't have to click on them individually.

This is optional, right? I would really, really hate having to level everyone up at the same time.

In my game, fighters and rogues get levelled up pretty much straight away, but I like to take my time thinking about spells I need, so casters get levelled up much later.

It is still possible to dismiss a character's level up screen.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Rule 1 of troubleshooting with mods.
Start a new game without mods.
If the problem persists it is not the mods.
If the problem goes away then add a mod and test again.
Repat until the problem mod or mods are identified.

Rule 1 of common sense.
Given the chaos every time Larian have released hotfixes and patches, either don't update your game straight away or don't play the updated game until your mods have been updated.

Larian need to sort things so that breaking one save doesn't break them all. Other games have been doing it for years and years but hey, Larian gave us pronouns.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Myhthreindeer
A little harsh, eh?
Not even close.

Originally Posted by fylimar
Make sure to download the new version of Improved UI and you should be fine.
The first thing I do before launching an updated game is to update all my mods.
ImprovedUI included

Originally Posted by Beechams
Other games have been doing it for years and years but hey, Larian gave us pronouns.

Yeah, talking about priorities.

Last edited by Arcturus; 23/09/23 11:48 AM.
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by Spartacii
I am not sure if it is my load order or the mods that I am using but Magic Mirror works, in both new games and old saved games, with the mods that I use and I'm using almost 50.

If it helps anyone or if someone is curious, here's my load order and the mods that I use:

22. BagsBagsBags

--------------------
Override ModFixer
Override No Pickpocket Investigation

Plus I also use the BG3ScriptExtender.

Lastly, I can load a previously non-modded save just fine.
I honestly don't know why everything works for me while others mention having problems.

LOL the only mod I'm using on this list is bag bag bag and its the only mod I cant remove because it will crash my game.
My load order (I dont know if its correct)
[Linked Image from imgur.com]

A
A
There is a LOT of people here complaining about the patch. My game is NOT modded yet and I have NO problems whatsoever with the patch.

You make an informed decision to install all those mods knowing that the game is still being constantly patched and then start complaining that your mods don't play nicely with updates.

So either don't mod the game until everything is patched or wait for mods to update and a new hotfix to be released.

From what I can see the overwhelming majority of those complaining are people with mods.

I'm sure everything will gets fixed in time, at least Larian seems to be willing to do so.

Originally Posted by Beechams
Larian need to sort things so that breaking one save doesn't break them all. Other games have been doing it for years and years but hey, Larian gave us pronouns.

I'm with you on that, like there is nothing more urgent to fix.

journeyman
journeyman
What can you say...you install mods you have problems.

I do not install mods I play happily

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Myhthreindeer
What can you say...you install mods you have problems.

I do not install mods I play happily

There are plenty of people on PC, PS5 and now Mac who do not use mods but still have problems with the various updates and there are many people such as myself who have mods installed and have not had any problems with the updates. I happily play a game that is how I want it and not how Larian wants it.
The fact that Larian have fixed well over 2,000 bugs in 6 or so weeks should tell you that this game is not without its problems.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Wow what a patch. I started reading and the page just kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling, I thought it might not ever end.

Great job guys

N
stranger
stranger
N
I compared the performance of Patch 2 and Patch 3
Anyone interested can watch it on my YouTube channel.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Salo
  • Fixed spells that create surfaces not using the caster's Spell Save DC.
This appears to be fixed - the way it is worded. However, Insect Plague still appears to be having the wrong DC 15 (caster has 16).

A
stranger
stranger
A
Mods or not, but I've just lost 2 hours of my game-play because of saving error.
Never seen it before.
Worst patch ever.

stranger
stranger
I have the same problem.

enthusiast
enthusiast
KUDOS, Larian! What a super, super job! I rarely get like this--positively gushing--as I am rarely this impressed by game post-release patches as a rule, but the rule is shattered in this case! I can't believe the improvement in graphical quality patch #3 brings to this game! I'm blown away, and I had no expectation that I would be. Here's what I'm playing BG3 on since I bought the first EA release 3+ years ago:

Windows 11 Pro, current build is 22631.2338, 3900X CPU, 6900XT GPU, Adrenalins 23.9.2 (highly recommended), 32GB (4x8GB) system ram, Aorus Master AMD x570 motherboard Bios F37f, PCIe4/PCIe3 NVMe drives, SATA 3 HDDs a-plenty, 43" Philips Momentum 436M6VBPAB 43" monitor, 4K UHD Quantum Dot VA, DisplayHDR1000 (if I omitted something germane here I'll come back and plug it in...;))

When I decided to start a new game after applying the major GOG Patch #3, 4.1.1.3732833, D3D 11,which installed perfectly, btw, I just wasn't expecting the following.

Although I am playing with an AMD RX-6900XT, and have been playing the EA and release versions at 4k, max eye-candy ON, including HDR, since the first day three years ago, I didn't think there was any room to improve the image quality over the status quo as of major patch #2, etc. I don't know what the precise differences are, except to say that the improvement is so "in-your-face" obvious and dramatic that I recall "blinking" a lot to verify that it was real...;) The HDR mode in the game from the start is a big improvement over the original, graphically. The colors are deeper, richer, and the game just displays a lot better than it did pre patch #3! It felt very nearly like having a brand-new GPU!

Also...The improvements in the opening of the game aboard the Mindflayer ship are major, and has to be played through to be appreciated. IMO, it is far superior to the original opening sequence! The new sequence seems much slicker and plays much better, imo. KUDOS, Larian!

Last edited by Waltc; 23/09/23 06:56 PM.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
E
stranger
stranger
E
Also have saving error. It appears after trading. If no trading - game works ok, no saving errors

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard