Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Patch 3 - Feedback (Dialog, Raphael, Inventory, Mirror)

(Ok, I'm really, really angry and my english is not the best .. so: Sorry first of all. Also: This is just my personal opinion! ) frown

(SOME SPOILER HERE!)

I was so curious about Patch 3 ... And than .... So let me ask @Larian WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? How can you even DARE to say: "We bring a great patch and you will see how mutch we listen to our community?" Are you (gmrfpogl) kidding me?

1.) We asked you for MORE interaction with our companions! MORE!!!!!
You gave us: Now we see our companions LESSER (cause the camera goes on Tav's face most of the time and not on the companions). The most HORRIBLE decision EVER!!!
Also there are people reporting from "cut content" in the Astarion Romance. Really? For me, personal, THIS is the most horrible thing you could do. I enjoy so mutch the Companions & NPC's expression.

2.) We asked for better Inventory management. Till the first day everybody told you: Inventory is hell!
Here we got ... NOTHING, again. Till weeks! How difficult can it be to gave us a possibility to pin the bags and to adapt their size?

3.) We asked you for the possibility to get access to the inventory / equiment of the companions in the camp (who are not in the group right now).
We got: If a companion leave the group we get all his inventory back. WHAT THE FUCK? WHO asked for sutch a incredible nonsense? We wanted to check their inventory, their equipment ... not THIS ... There are people who give special Inventory to every character, it is called ROLEPLAYING. With this, you destroy it ...

4.) We asked for a "Happy-ending" possibility for Karlach.
You gave us: "WOW, now you can join Karlach at her horrible ending in the hell!" What the ... WHY are you starting to behave like Bioware? Like: "If a story is not sad, it is not gooooodd ... Only horrible endings have depth! It must hurt hurttt mutch mutch. And from 5 endings, 3 MUST HURT!!"

5.) Mirror - HOW LONG dit we asked you for a possibility to chance appearance?
And then ... seriously? WHY do you limit the capabilities of this mirrior so mutch? I don't care about changing companions or mercenary, but if SO MANY people want it ... give them! Where is the damend problem?

6.) MODS!
Again and again we asked for "something", for a way that you don't destroy all the mods all the time. Again and again you give us NOTHING and with every patch you destroy anew so many mods. How can you be so ignorant against the modding community? Even Bethesda wasn't AS ignorant ... and being even WORSER than them ... this .. this is really impressive.

WHO asked for a "Raphael-appearance-change" or for this mean cat at the Inn? NOBODY ... WHY HAVE YOU DONE IT?

You repair 300 Bugs (290 I never hear about) and gave us 200 new bugs, we haven't got before. And THAN we have to wait WEEKS before the next Patch comes ... and we can just hope and pray that this next Patch will repair MORE than it destroys. BG3 Patching-Time had become HORROR-time for all fans! (You still haven't fixed all the Bugs witch came with Patch 2.)

WHO is doing sutch a mess? Dit you find somewhere in the cellar a hidden apprentice (till 3 year down there) and now you are like: "HEY, he/she could do the patches ... BG3 is done for us."
All the Patches until now DON'T FEEL LIKE "MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO MADE THE GAME"! All the patches until now are HORRIBLE! If feels like: "We are done with the game .. now people who know NOTHING about the game AND the community will take care and we can focus on new projects!"

You know what you are doing? You do the REVERSE development like "No man's sky"! THEY had a horrible mess of a game-Release and got a lot scolding. But than the got better from Patch to Patch to Patch ... Today they have a great game and could reconcile the community.
And you? You got a awesome Release and now you destroy this incredible game AND the trust of the community from Patch to Patch to Patch. COULD PLEASE SOMEBODY TAKE THE PATCHES, THE GAME FOR SERIOUS, AGAIN?
You know: "The community" will also look how you behave AFTER a successful Release. A lot of people for example remember well what Bioware have done with the support of Mass Effect 4.

I'm so pissed ... seriously ... (just my personal opinion!)

Last edited by Rappeldrache; 25/09/23 10:52 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I hope that maybe this patch was just pushed out for release too fast... maybe it wasnt finished.. but there are SO many glitches from this patch that make the game borderline unplayable right now. people are losing entire save files of like 400+ hours.
and the superfluous changes are really upsettting! i dont understand the logic for changing a pre-established character's appearance, especially after nobody complained about it at all???????

i really really hope they release a hotfix soon, and revert a LOT of these changes. its crazy!!! I would rather be stuck with vanilla, unpatched game, than being uncertain of when stuff is gonna work properly

U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
yeah this patch has some of the worst decisions in a patch so far, and frankly... I dont understand them at all

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I really don't understand why so many of Larian's decisions feel like they come from really good intention but the execution feels very tone-deaf and lackluster:
- terrible half-assed compromise of Tasha's Racial Ability Scores: literally took the fun out of playing 3 races (Half-Elf, Human, Shield Dwarf)
- for a game that puts so much focus on immersion and "character as expression of the player's personality", the cosmetic system just felt very tone deaf. I appreciate Dyes and Camp Clothing, but there are so many limitations that make you wish you had a proper transmog system instead (only 2 item slots, can't mix and match with Hats, Gloves, etc)
- game not launching with mid-game appearance customization, and once it's finally released does not allow customizing Hirelings. Hirelings are literally the equivalent of someone going in character creator, pressing randomize and not caring anymore. You have such a detailed character creator with plenty of interesting options and you're stuck with most bland unappealing copy-paste piles of meat. Larian probably has the telemetrics to confirm this, but I can already guess which hirelings are the least popular options.

stranger
stranger
Just commenting to support OP's concerns.

It's been a bad few days for BG3 fans.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Patch 3 introduced severer issues than it resolved. I am seriously considering reverting to Patch 2 though that will mean once again reinstalling mods. What I want to see more than anything is a more challenging game where the experience points are NOT capped. That way, I can use a mod to retard progression. Levelling up comes way too easy, way too fast. It's ridiculous I'm at the highest level entering Act 3. Yet a mod like Increase Level Experience can be no real solution since BG III stops accumulating experience points once it hits a certain quota.

Totally bogus that.

Last edited by MSGamer; 26/09/23 09:13 PM.
stranger
stranger
They didn't just change Raphael's appearance. They also changed his level to 16, to try and make it harder.

Unfortunately, they didn't make the same changes to his level / ability scores when he transforms. So he loses health whenever he does that, and it makes the fight easier.

Last edited by Brucil; 26/09/23 09:22 PM.
addict
addict
Larian is busy fixing bugs and creating new ones. Only praise from everyone. "OMG Larian is so good, they release big patches every week...".
It has become now that you get praise for fixing a buggy game...and making weird changes? People encourage that.
ITS so bad that NOT releasing patches is basically bad business practice and frowned upon now lol.

People should be saying, hurry up and fix your game. PATCHES should not be the celebration of a special event meet with champagne and fanfare.

Man do I miss the 90s. Yea some games had bugs but man, not to today's extent...you basically had completed and playable games with some glitches here and there fixed with a patch of two.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 27/09/23 11:32 PM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Count Turnipsome
Larian is busy fixing bugs and creating new ones. Only praise from everyone. "OMG Larian is so good, they release big patches every week...".
It has become now that you get praise for fixing a buggy game...and making weird changes? People encourage that.
ITS so bad that NOT releasing patches is basically bad business practice and frowned upon now lol.

People should be saying, hurry up and fix your game. PATCHES should not be the celebration of a special event meet with champagne and fanfare.

Man do I miss the 90s. Yea some games had bugs but man, not to today's extent...you basically had completed and playable games with some glitches here and there fixed with a patch of two.

Well said.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
What was cut of Astarion's romance?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Oh boy, you guys care too much about so little. So angry for what? Bag management? Come on. Ask/suggest nicely (it's not hard to be a kind person, really) or go play another game - if playing this game makes you angry. Nobody wins here.

Last edited by LaloCortez; 03/10/23 10:08 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LaloCortez
Oh boy, you guys care too much about so little. So angry for what? Bag management? Come on. Ask/suggest nicely (it's not hard to be a kind person, really) or go play another game - if playing this game makes you angry. Nobody wins here.
"Oh no, how dare people care about bad changes in the game!"
If you don't have anything constructive to say, it's best to keep quiet.
Or you know, at least post on your main, and don't make a new account just to be an ass.

Last edited by GloriousZote; 03/10/23 02:12 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
This is my 'main'. I made an account so I could put in some feedback on an issue. I do not say you can't care. It's how you say it. Don't assume. I'm not being an ass, but look at that feedback:

'WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?"
'How can you even DARE to say"
'THIS is the most horrible thing you could do.'
'Here we got ... NOTHING, again. Till weeks! '
'?WHO asked for sutch a incredible nonsense?'
'How can you be so ignorant '
'Even Bethesda wasn't AS ignorant ... and being even WORSER than them'

I don't think these are constructive things to say. And I think they are being 'an ass'.

The people at Larian worked hard on the game. They care. And they are working on feedback. Constantly. Why would you give feedback like that? Do you want people at work to talk to you like that? Would you rather fix a problem of someone who mentioned something kindly in a constructive way? Or do you find it joyful to fix a problem for someone who treats you like the poster.

Last edited by LaloCortez; 03/10/23 04:20 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by LaloCortez
The people at Larian worked hard on the game. They care. And they are working on feedback. Constantly. Why would you give feedback like that? Do you want people at work to talk to you like that? Would you rather fix a problem of someone who mentioned something kindly in a constructive way? Or do you find it joyful to fix a problem for someone who treats you like the poster.

(Sorry for my english. Still my personal opinion! No intention to hurt or attack somebody. OK, Larian a bit .... frown )

Your completely right IF this would be the first, or even the second Patch. If this would be 2 weeks after release ... IF there haven't been reports, criticism about a few parts of the game. THAN you would be right. THAN we should / could be polite and friendly .... BUT:

- From the beginning there are dozen of game reports where people write: Wonderful game BUT the Inventory is horrible, Interaction with companions is great but there should be more, give us access to companions inventory in the camp, give us a possibility to chance appearance (also transmog), soooo man people asked for chances in Act 3. cause it is horrible writen, for a GOOD (!) Karlach ending, for more ending scenes in general (and with the companions) and so on ... and they have done NOTHING (nothing!!!!!!!!) about this stuff. Till 2 months and 3 Patches they have only resolved ONE point (mirrior, and even this, they have done it only "halfway"). But also they have changed a few things and made them WORSER than before (see here: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=902928&nt=2&page=1 ).
Example: So many people are thrilled with the Astarion Romance. So it was great and .... they changed it, WHY??? Look: https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/16y8ypj/not_loving_astarion_romance_change_patch_3/ . Not to mention all the new bugs they insert anew.
And than ... they make sutch a horrible Patch 3 ... they ignore till 2 months the wishes of their customer AND HAVE THE IMPERTINENCE to tell us, that we ASKED for this BULLSHIT they have done in Patch 3? You ask for MORE, get less (and they destroy stuff who was great) and they tell you it is what you asked for. THIS makes me angry! Yes ... eek

- I can't understand all the people who crawl like beggars when it comes to the gaming industry. As a CUSTOMER: You buy something and you say that they should fix it and after the third time, after MONTHS they haven't done it ... THAN you are in trouble as a vendor. I bought multi-focal glasses at a optician and they dit not made them correctly, I told them (very, very polite) that I will not take / pay for them. So they told me (very polite, too) "Sorry, we will fix it, give us 2 weeks. We are so sorry." They have done them really good, I paid (thanked them alot) and everybody was happy. Imagine I had to go there and after MONTHS and the 3. time they still haven't done the glasses correctly ... I don't think a lot of customer will stay friendly. (I know, not the best comparison, just came to my mind. I think you understand what I want to say. )
Nooooo, not in the gaming industry ... here you can do whatever you want, the stupid little fans will still buy, will still be nice and ask FRIENDLY for more ... and if you give them LESS they say "Thanks" and remain kind! Oh and otherwise "fan-made mods" will fix the mess for you. For free .... (see Bethesda till years).

And than came Larian! And we all were sooooooooooooo damend proud of them. I never thought they will chance the industry, but it is just nice to see developer who are brave, intelligent and a bit honest. To describe it a bit "romantic": A little "shiny star" in the dark (gaming industry) night. A developer like Lairan, where you have the impression they care (just a bit) what we, the "stupid little customer" want. They understand us ..... hopefully .... kitty They understand, that some of us have (probably) a really hard day sometimes and come home and will spend their most precious (free) time AND their hard-earned money with "your" products. This is really a responsibility you have then, as developer ....
BUT: At the moment when you realize they "play" the same damend little shity "games" like all the other developer (Remember: You ask for MORE, get less (and they destroy stuff who was great) and they tell you, it is what you asked for.), at this moment you are not only pissed and angry, but also heartbroken. sad And it is also sooo sad, cause they had sutch a beautiful Release ....

It is ok, if you want to remain kind and friendly, I even admire your patience and faith. But after ALL THIS what have happen, you register only in this forum to condem people who become angry (and express it) against Larian .... I repeat myself: After all their update-politics until now we are still not "allowed" to express our anger?

PS: How do you know that they care? And that they are "working on feedback"? This "developer chief" (Swen?) didn't he write that they are "done" with the game and only "a few" will work on some updates? After my personal opinion a borderline comment by the way. (See here: https://www.pcgamesn.com/baldurs-gate-3/next-game )

(Sorry for my english. Still my personal opinion! No intention to hurt or attack somebody. OK, Larian a bit .... frown )

Last edited by Rappeldrache; 04/10/23 12:44 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
This looks like a child's temper tantrum, which I would ignore, but I do want to say one thing because I hope the devs hear it: inventory in this game is great. I have pretty much all the tools I need to organize my stuff as I see fit.

The only mistake made with one of the patches is that all story tagged items (a.k.a. the orange bordered ones) go to the main character when you dismiss a companion. That's okay-ish for super important items, but it also moves all the special bags, which is less practical.

Link Copied to Clipboard