Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Hey, I just wanted to let you know... you did a good thing reverting their appearances. I sympathize with your desire as a studio to refine your project, and it must have been hard to hear something was so poorly received by fans.

I would advise against changing the appearance of any characters post launch in the future, unless there is an associated bug preventing the usage of unique faces and hair being used on NPC.

People are super attached to the game, and the characters in it, and those two characters in particular got a ton of fan art. HIs Majesty was one of the most clipped and shared characters in the entire game on youtube... And raphael was very prominent (and not to mention, characters like him having his hair color is actually... shockingly rare)

So changing the appearance of any character at this point, would come offas needless... For example, it might be tempting to change the appearance of Dammon, since eh has become more popular in the community than you anticpated, and im pretty sure he doesnt have unique horns or face.

The better move, would be to change any NPC's face that uses that same face.

Better yet, if you made usage faces in the files that arent used. Karlachs datamined face look could be good for an NPC for example.

If you were to say... spruce up an NPC... go decals first if their face isn't unique, an original scar, or something of the like. Try not to change the underlying face (changing steelclaws eyes for example you have already done)

Unique clothes can also be a way to go (I am sure there is some stuff in the data mine you can dig up, this is a good thing, not a criticism)

Just remember one thing first, players have been playing the hell out of your game, they are attached to anything and everything in the game. Dont break their hearts, by assuming someones appearance is less than perfect.

I sympathize greatly with the desire to perfect your product, changing the appearance of characters as this point... is not the best way to do that

U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
of course I wrote steelclaw instead of His Majesty... am I stupid? or just tired?

Link Copied to Clipboard