Print Thread
#250167 20/06/04 10:04 AM
A
Atlas Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I reached Act II today and played for about three hours. Here are the bugs I spotted today:

- I've noticed that often the journal icon turns red, but when I click the journal, nothing has changed. This is easy to spot since I only have one journal entry in there so far that says I need to escape from the lava island. An example is when I rescued the two imps. First I rescued the imp that complained about torture, then I rescued the imp that told me to rescue the first imp. Journal gets red, but when I look, no new entry in there.

- After entering imp village, I am automatically taken to the chief where both my characters partake in the conversation, except that my Death Knight isn't in the tent, despite him talking. He got stuck outside the tend waiting around as a Tiber hacked away at him. Shortly after the conversation with Chief ends, we both die. Restored, and the same thing happened again. In case this helps your debugging, I had attacked a few Tibers before so now the whole species attacks me on sight. The bug probably wouldn't have appeared if I hadn't attacked any Tibers.

- Yet again my journal got red after talking to chief . . . but no new entry.

- I told the chieftain's son about the cause of the illness. He said I need to find the alchemist, and that he'd show me on my map. I checked my map up and down, but no new flag is there. In case it helps your debugging, I had added a few flags of my own to the map previously.

In Act I, I would find a bug about once every 2 hours. In Act II it's been once every hour so far. The game was started fresh with patch 1.45.

Atlas

Atlas #250168 20/06/04 11:44 AM
journeyman
journeyman
- I've noticed that often the journal icon turns red, but when I click the journal, nothing has changed. This is easy to spot since I only have one journal entry in there so far that says I need to escape from the lava island. An example is when I rescued the two imps. First I rescued the imp that complained about torture, then I rescued the imp that told me to rescue the first imp. Journal gets red, but when I look, no new entry in there.

Cuz you have the quest filter on. After you rescued the first imp you got a quest to rescue the second. After you rescue the second the quest ends and is marked as completed. The quest filter makes it so your journal doesn't show completed quests. So all those time it turns red but you see nothing is because a quest just finished and was removed from your viewable journal. Just turn the filter off to see them.

I was red to tibers when I talked to the chief, they don't attack until after the conversation is over. So as soon as he's done talking just have your hero leave the hut and help the DK kill the tibers.

I didn't get a map marker for the alch either, but he's in an underground hut to the east of the town in the "forest" area. The marker will appear on your map after you go into the hut and then leave.

Xaishi #250169 21/06/04 01:12 AM
A
Atlas Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Cuz you have the quest filter on.

Thanks. I'll look into this.

Atlas #250170 21/06/04 01:45 AM
journeyman
journeyman
It's not actualy just filtering out completed quests, it also filters some active quests, I dunno how it works, might be the only the major quests are shown when the filter is on and the minor ones and completed ones aren't.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard