Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#918340 25/10/23 04:00 PM
Topper Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Can't remember if this was ever one of the "must haves" or not but I do remember some players suggesting that randoms and occasional monster repopulations would/might be a welcome foil to the very unengaging wanderings in already cleared areas. For example, I wanted to go over some of the early areas in act 2 to see if I'd missed anything and was hoping there might be a fight or trader etc. The kill and clear mechanic really does not leave much incentive to revisit old areas I feel. Would be bring a bit of extra life to the game mebbies....

D
addict
addict
D
Counterpoint... in cases where you MUST search for something again in areas where you have already been (maybe you missed it the first time) it can be frustrating to have to deal with random encounters. After all, you cleared it already and you really just want to be done with it.

I'm not saying that random encounters are always bad. I just don't think that they are always good, and getting the balance right can be very difficult.

veteran
veteran
It was brought up, but Larian rejected it.

I am all for it, but not "random" more that in any situation where a vacuum exists something will come and fill that vacuum. In this case after a given number of game days areas that were under the control of X creature might be filled with any number of a list of Y creatures that fit the ecosystem.

Caves, swamps, ruined towns, abandoned monasteries - all areas that could attract a subset of various types of creatures.

Blackheifer
Topper Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Good points. Ah well. Maybe a mod in the future.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard