Print Thread
Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Originally Posted by Jordaker
GoT had rape, gang-rape, sadism, incest and all sorts of other things from the books. I don't see any 'complete betrayal' of the books. The medium is the message and GoT pushed a few limits for TV.

If you had read the books you'd know that GRRM despises violence, doesn't glorify it like the show.

I have read the books you dingbat. I read them before I saw the TV series. I fail to see how the TV series is glorifying the violence which is taken from the books.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by ahania
Why are you playing a game explicitly marked “mature” if you hate all the mature elements?

Nobody is 'hating' anything. People are expressing their dislike of various aspects of the game. Some of us are disliking the fact that what the game contains is not 'mature' but immature nonsense.

journeyman
journeyman
Nobody is 'hating' anything. People are expressing their dislike of various aspects of the game. Some of us are disliking the fact that what the game contains is not 'mature' but immature nonsense.
And some disagree with the notion that this applies to major parts of the respective content.

I consider most sensual parts to be presented very maturely and tastefully. Not all, but most.

And for the juvenile fantasies of the old broadshouldered elf: I can easily live with that. He usually only tells me when I ask him and I can just choose not to ask him. For the tentacle sex: that wasn’t tentacle sex. Not by any stretch of the definition. Though what I plan in my current playthrough is to tell him to stay in the form I designed and see where that takes it.

Last edited by ArneBab; 07/12/23 09:31 PM.
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by ArneBab
And some disagree with the notion that this applies to major parts of the respective content.

I consider most sensual parts to be presented very maturely and tastefully. Not all, but most.

And for the juvenile fantasies of the old broadshouldered elf: I can easily live with that. He usually only tells me when I ask him and I can just choose not to ask him. For the tentacle sex: that wasn’t tentacle sex. Not by any stretch of the definition. Though what I plan in my current playthrough is to tell him to stay in the form I designed and see where that takes it.

I suppose it depends on where one sets the 'mature' bar. I set mine high and find virtually everything Larian does immature, from the barrelmancy/everything go 'boom' inanity to the allegedly mature/sexual content'.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Its ok to show sexuality in a Game. I think they underdone some of the cutscenes anyway. The Dig of Male Charakters stays limp all the time^^ Its more of some erotic scenes and they promised to much in early access imo. Cyberpunk was way harder in this therm.
What they have overdone is first: Most Companions are there to be tragic, complicated and to flirt. There should be some normal dudes and dudesseseses...AND DWARFS! This game has no cool Dwarf in it! There are just those perfekt looking teenage model crushes. They tried to hard to make it cool. D&D ist popular enough already. And yes everything is about Sex sometimes. Also there is to much about sodomy. Sex with Devils, Sex with Bears(I KNOW ITS AN ELF!) and Sex with a Fucking MINDFLAYER! Is it true that Minthara lets hundrents of Spiders crawl over your Body? I mean this is kind of lorefriendly but uuhhh....My GF told me Gale does a Kagebunshin Gangbang in the Astralplane with you. The only things missing are Sex with Children and Sex with Corpses.
Its too dirty. Sex is wonderful and if everyone agrees with it, everyone should do what they want with who they want. But i think its not normal that everything has to be about sex and exceed limits.
D&D is this loveley farytal dark fantasy world for me. Yes there is Sex and yes there is violence but was it really necessary to make Balduran the Founder of Baldurs Gate a pansexual Mindflayer? More work for immersion in the Sex scenes and maybe a little more visual material.
Idk. I had a long day and my english isnt perfekt. I didtn want to blame Larian for anything and i dindnt want to offend anyone. I am open mindet for every sexuality and gender identety. Just my thoughts about this toppic so dont start a fight pls. I wont respond anyway^^

enthusiast
enthusiast
Its just a bit of Adult gloss to keep everything a bit juicy. The relationship/sex between my Tav and Shadow I thought was really elegant. It was slow burning and kind of deep which is what I'd hoped for. Would I like to see more and perhaps grittier Adult content? Yes, I would but done with the same thoughtful and not too "game invasive" manner. The world and its magic are the important bit. Sex is there to spice it up a bit. To those that don't care for it, just switch it off and move on.

old hand
old hand
Yeah, that is all well and good, but as per most of the 'complaints' if you will, the romance-sex bit isn't most anyone's concern.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Topper
Its just a bit of Adult gloss to keep everything a bit juicy. The relationship/sex between my Tav and Shadow I thought was really elegant. It was slow burning and kind of deep which is what I'd hoped for. Would I like to see more and perhaps grittier Adult content? Yes, I would but done with the same thoughtful and not too "game invasive" manner. The world and its magic are the important bit. Sex is there to spice it up a bit. To those that don't care for it, just switch it off and move on.
"Just switch it off" doesn't help when the oversexualization is driving development. No amount of switching it off changes that Larian is spending time and money to add more kissing scenes instead of adding an Omeluum ending. Or that instead of an original character to round out the race and class balance of companions we got "yet another elf druid" Halsin with several fetishes tacked on as only content.

Last edited by Ixal; 14/12/23 12:19 PM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Ixal
"Just switch it off" doesn't help when the oversexualization is driving development. No amount of switching it off changes that Larian is spending time and money to add more kissing scenes instead of adding an Omeluum ending. Or that instead of an original character to round out the race and class balance of companions we got "yet another elf" Halsin with several fetishes tacked on as only content.

And it's existence doesn't guarantee that it was done in place of things like an Omeluum ending. Or was the driving force behind "Yet another elf" Halsin instead of a race/class balance.

It's impossible for us to know exactly how much sexualization impacted overall development and even harder for us to know if certain desired additions to the game were scrapped purely because they spent development time on sexualization.

Thus it's not a very strong argument to rely on.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Taril
"Just switch it off" doesn't help when the oversexualization is driving development. No amount of switching it off changes that Larian is spending time and money to add more kissing scenes instead of adding an Omeluum ending. Or that instead of an original character to round out the race and class balance of companions we got "yet another elf" Halsin with several fetishes tacked on as only content.

And it's existence doesn't guarantee that it was done in place of things like an Omeluum ending. Or was the driving force behind "Yet another elf" Halsin instead of a race/class balance.

It's impossible for us to know exactly how much sexualization impacted overall development and even harder for us to know if certain desired additions to the game were scrapped purely because they spent development time on sexualization.

Thats a smokescreen.
Resources (time and money) are limited and while we do not know exactly what they would have been used for if BG3 were not oversexualized we do know that with all options open to them Larian decided to pump even more resources they had into romance and sex.

Last edited by Ixal; 14/12/23 01:33 PM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Taril

Thats a smokescreen.
Resources (time and money) are limited and while we do not know exactly what they would have been used for if BG3 were not oversexualized we do know that with all options open to them Larian decided to pump even more resources they had into romance and sex.

We only know that they spent resources on romance and sex.

That's all we can say for sure. We cannot say that what these resources would be used on if not for romance and sex (If anything). Therefore it's not an argument that holds any weight.

One can wish that the resources were used on other specific aspects, but we cannot say that their lack of inclusion is because of the way resources were spent.

As if BG was a dating game... you don't have to have anything with an NPC/companion. It is an 18+ game and it is mentioned what content the game has.

addict
addict
Yes that "wasted resource" reasoning can be applied to everything we don't like .
Cutting up Dribbles and hiding the parts like easter eggs. What was that good for , maybe the game is oversadistic ? Or that Alfira song. Booooring. Why on earth spend good money to add this nonsense.... and so on.
and so basically it is meaningless.

Last edited by ldo58; 14/12/23 04:34 PM.
Zentu Offline OP
Bard of Suzail
OP Offline
Bard of Suzail
I have to agree they did not waste resources. Their goal was to find a way to get adolescents more interested in a turn based CRPG and they succeeded, that has hardly wasted.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Close to the end, still ain't seen nothing yet.

Except for another fully cinematic child murder, of course. One you can prompt via your own (dialogue) choice, which the original never had, despite involving a certain kind of cult also.

If I'm gonna replay, I'm gonna really try though, honest. Won't happen anytime soon though, I'm full.

stranger
stranger
Its a game for adults, if you are a prude and can't handle sex scene switch them of or don't play the game, it is easy as that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ldo58
Yes that "wasted resource" reasoning can be applied to everything we don't like .
Cutting up Dribbles and hiding the parts like easter eggs. What was that good for , maybe the game is oversadistic ? Or that Alfira song. Booooring. Why on earth spend good money to add this nonsense.... and so on.
and so basically it is meaningless.

Precisely!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zentu
I have to agree they did not waste resources. Their goal was to find a way to get adolescents more interested in a turn based CRPG and they succeeded, that has hardly wasted.

The game has an 18 rating in the UK at least so there should not be people under 18 playing the game. But yes, how exactly is anyone going to police that?? Perhaps when the full release modding tools are available there will be a way to balance the amount of "wasted" resource by adding more content etc. Time will tell. Personally I love the game as it is but happy to see what comes next.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Roland1405
Its a game for adults, if you are a prude and can't handle sex scene switch them of or don't play the game, it is easy as that.
Nothing about the sex scenes and sex based marketing is adult. Rather its what teenager think adult is.

As Topper said, no one is policing the adult rating online. And based on the oversexualization and quality of that content Larian was fully aware of that.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Roland1405
Again with the bullshit strawman. Nobody here has said anything about not being able to handle the sexual content.

Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard