Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lillith
I read over these posts, and it appears the vast majority of you Knocked out Minthara before speaking to/freeing Halsin from prison. I finished an Honour Mode playthrough last month, where I recruited Halsin and killed Minthara. I went back and opened up the journal entry, and here is the sequence:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
If you look at the objectives from the bottom up, I actually defeated Gut and freed Halsin before I went to kill Dror and Minthara. This is just a suggestion, but have any of you tried freeing/speaking to Halsin BEFORE you knock out Minthara? This way the journal entry has a chance to update? I normally just ask Halsin to go somewhere safe. If you choose to talk to Halsin first, I would go Knock out Minthara second, Kill Dror third. If you attack Dror before knocking out Minthara, I believe this will aggro the entire goblin camp.

When I spoke to Halsin in prison before attacking the goblin camp, he asks me to take care of the remaining leaders, Minthara and Dror. After I killed all the goblin leaders, I couldn't find him in prison or the entire Goblin Camp. I ended up finding him in the Emerald Grove, as he returned on his own.

This wasn't the issue for me. I free Halsin and talk to him, then go deal with the Goblin leaders. When I'm done I go report back to Halsin, and he's bugged.

stranger
stranger
CAN a Larian Dev Please let us know if this is fixable or if our Honor Mode Run is bricked. Sure you can press on and in an evil run this isn't even that big of an issue but if you want to lift the shadow curse, it will not be possible if Halsin is bugged.

Game on, Fawlcon.
O
stranger
stranger
O
I would also like to know if this is possible to fix.
Is our honor run screwed or can this be fixed?

U
usx Offline
stranger
stranger
U
This is still an issue with the latest patch.

Please fix larian, I'm stuck from progressing.

K
stranger
stranger
K
also having this issue
can anyone from Larian, please reply to this post?
it has been 2 weeks since the patch 6 bug this out.

D
DVW Offline
stranger
stranger
D
I submitted a bug ticket for this and got the following response:

This is a known issue, and the development team is currently working on it. It will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix or patch.

U
usx Offline
stranger
stranger
U
Yeah, I got this same one 3 hotfixes ago laugh

G
stranger
stranger
G
Wanted to comment that the recent hot fix didn’t address this. Still having same issue.

stranger
stranger
This stinks. I see people complaining about this same bug on Reddit 6 months ago! I really don't want to move on to Act 2 and abandoned the Tieflings in the Grove! I killed all three leaders and Halsin still won't leave believing they're still alive! Please, please, please Larian! Fix this bug! (I can also confirm that the latest Hotfix from yesterday, 2/29/24, did NOT fix this. I really don't want to wait until Patch 7 comes out months from now!)

No trees were harmed in the making of this post.
stranger
stranger
It looks like the latest Hotfix addresses this. Is it working for anyone now?

Fixed a bug where the game would not realise knocked-out Minthara had been defeated in Act I if you took a Long Rest between knocking her out and defeating the other goblin leaders.

U
usx Offline
stranger
stranger
U
I can confirm it worked, logged back in, and Halsin finally considered the quest finished

L
lsi Offline
stranger
stranger
L
I don't think this bug is fixed. I started my playthrough on patch 4.1.1.48909042 which was supposed to be the fix.
Unknowingly, I did exactly what is needed for this bug to appear - I killed pristess Gut, I freed Halsin, I told him to wait, I went for Minthara, knocked her out and did a long rest.

Her corpse dissappared, I killed Ragzlin and now I cannot progress further.

Tried to talk to Halsin, he has no new dialog options, Druids, Zevlor, same. I saved the game to read some info about it, in the meantime BG3 on Steam received some hidden update 4.1.1.4900808 - no changelog.

But anyway it did not help.

Last edited by lsi; 08/03/24 07:24 PM.
stranger
stranger
Throw the goblin into any of the dark pits on the level. The fat red guy is to heavy, so you have to drop him on the wooden platform on the right in the throne room and shoot the platform until he falls into the abyss. Leave the level and tale a long rest. The game will realise the leaders are dead when the bodies are missing. Cheers!

J
Jei Offline
stranger
stranger
J
Still broken for me. I even tried taking the other two leaders' bodies and throwing them into different pits like the one's in the Whispering Depths and then long resting, but I still can't get Halsin to acknowledge they are dead and the run is still busted.

J
Jei Offline
stranger
stranger
J
Anyone know of a way to get past this problem if you intend to knock out Minth after the hot fix a few days ago? I am planning on just starting over since it doesn't look like its going to be fixed and I don't want to lock my progression again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard