Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Braxien Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
So, since Patch 6 (or at least one of the hotfixes post it), I find that if a companion dies on the Nautiloid, it doesn't matter. For example, Shadowheart died on the Nautiloid (dead dead, not downed) and yet when the beach loaded, there is she, unconscious.

Why? I let her die on purpose (for RP reasons, I'm playing a cleric) and it doesn't matter. Is this a bug, or a new sort of ingenious move by Larian?

stranger
stranger
Perhaps both? Larian probably doesn't expect you to have any of your party members die on the nautiloid (and if they do your save can just be reloaded if not on Honor mode), and so it went unchecked during game developing. My question is, is she still dead as she was after her cutscene plays when you talk to her and accept her into your party? Or is she alive and well with full health?

Well, that's just disgusting.
B
Braxien Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Thanks for replying. The latter. So I've played the game a zillion time and for one reason or another (usually RP) I've let Lae'zel or Shadowheart die on the Nautiloid, and when I find them on the beach, they're dead.

Since Patch 6 (or hotfixes) they can completely die on the Nautiloid but they're either (in Shadowheart's case) lying there unconscious, or (in Lae'zels) a prisoner.

Normally they'd be a corpse on the beach. Now they die on the ship and are just fine.

U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
That feels like a misguided "fix" on Larians behalf, if they die on the nautiloid they should be dead.

I would recommend putting it in suggestions... im rather tired of larian "fixing" stuff that isnt broken.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
No thanks. It’s basically the training run

Link Copied to Clipboard