Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
*Accidentally discovered this as I was recording some feedback footage, might help those struggling with HM*

• Got a horrible story outcome you didn't want?
  • A fight isn't going your way?
  • Came across a game-breaking bug?
  • Afraid your Honour Mode run is about to come to an end?

Reaction Pop-Up Window

The game cannot make any saves while a reaction pop-up is on the screen, which means you can make a save before any encounter and if it doesn't go your way just trigger a reaction pop-up and quit to the main menu. Your save before the encounter will be at the ready to be continued.

*Be sure to disable auto-saves if you haven't already*
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

*For those who are willing feel free to report this to Larian so they can patch it*

veteran
veteran
This does not sound very honorable.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
This does not sound very honorable.
Lot of things about Honour Mode doesnt ... frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
You can simply close the game by Ctrl + Alt + Del, it will not save this way. I used this one time in my Honour mode run because I wanted to test something (never played beyond lvl 10 in normal modes, so I needed to do it with my Honour mode chars). The method described by Crimsonrider is more luring for abuse however, as it seems to be easier to use permanently if I understand it correctly.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Pretty much yup, this freshly discovered very simple method is done purely through in-game means and triggered at any time on demand to go back to a previous save without having to kill the game, plus I think it works for console players too. Do they have reaction pop-ups?

Should make life easier for those who go through all sorts of shenanigans like leaving their 4th party member permanently at camp, backing up the entire Larian folder, force stopping the game's exe or even cutting out power to their PC/console grin

Personally as a legitimate HM player I would caution against exploiting Honour Mode as it takes away the beauty from its wonderfully consistent experience that carries weight, but if not then at least this method will make things far more convenient for those who don't care much about the intended experience.

veteran
veteran
*Golf clap*

Blackheifer
*sigh*
Where was this post when Avatar of Myrkul slapped the souls out of my people for the 4th time...

Link Copied to Clipboard