Print Thread
#313734 20/08/05 11:11 PM
N
Noway Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
'ello, I have just got the 1st Battlesfield key in Act1 and have cleared the area of all enemies, but cannot return back to the main quest, the loading screen always starts with the 1st part of red loaded (?) - about 20% - then the program just shuts down and I am returnded to the desktop, no BD to be seen. Please help and thank you.

Support
Support
Have you installed the patch?

Try deleting the files within the dynamic folders (not the folders themselves, though);
'..\Beyond Divinity\Acts\Act1\Dynamic', '..\Beyond Divinity\Acts\Act2\Dynamic', etc.
These folders are used as a cache for the game. Files are created / copied there from the save game folder when you load, and written / copied to those folders when you save a game. The files will be re-created as required the next time you start Beyond Divinity. If there was a corrupt file in those folders, deleting the files should fix the problem.

Check your inventory for any items that appear corrupt. One person had a corrupt item (a gem that was also a container) that caused a crash on act change (AFAIK they didn't have a problem entering or leaving the BF, though). The ring/spears that can be found in the BF should not cause a problem.

There is a way to manually change your character locations, that you may be able to use to get back;
Teleporting anywhere (via hex editor)

A
stranger
stranger
A
I am currently uninstalling and reinstalling to try and fix this, but in case that does not work...

I won on Tactical and now am replaying on hardcore. I had serious battlefield issues. First, I had no quests from any of the merchants. And no monsters. And the whole map is revealed, which is still the case.

I exited, clicked the key again, and came back, and finally had quests. And monsters.

But I can't get into the first dungeon, which IS unlocked.

I exited again, clicked the key again, came back, still can't get in. I reach and then straighten back out, like I was clicking on garbage or whatever.

I deleted the dynamic folder files for act I, started the game again, exited the battlefield, clicked the key AGAIN, and came back. Still can't get it. And I sure need to, on hardcore!

Please help!

-Aaron

A
stranger
stranger
A
Reinstall and my old save game still can't get in. Do I have to start a new game? Argh!

Support
Support

Are you sure you are at the level 1 dungeon? In later acts it is possible find a higher level dungeons first, though in act one the placement is pretty straightforward, with the level 1, 2 and 3 dungeons are over the first, second and third bridges, respectively.

Do you have a save before you first entered the BF that you can revert to, at least temporarily? The BF is generated the first time you enter in each act, so if there is a problem with the BF itself, perhaps entering again from an earlier save will bypass that.

Did you find the first level 1 BF key in act 1? If so, you don't have much to replay if you do end up needing to start over. There is a partly hidden chest in the starting cell block...
on the southern path, near where you would have fought the south west guard if you approached from the south east, there is a locked chest partly obscured by chains and a steam vent, containing the first of 2 level 1 BF keys for act 1, with the key for it hidden in the left cell in the arena.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I uninstalled and reinstalled again (worried that using my old save messed things up again), and all of this has been resolved. Yes I do use the 1st act 1 dungeon 1 key, and I do know my way around the BFs, this being a replay...

Anyways, I'm in act II hardcore now, ready to amp up my survival with holy water, all is well, except...

I tried to take the act 1 BF 3 key through to act II and it went away. I thought you could to that, it was listed as a cheat. Did they fix that in a patch? Which one? =D

I know the Act II first key is really near anyways, but I was thinking about act IV because of the bug with Key 6...

Can I not carry them across acts?

Support
Support

The bug with the act 4 level 6 BF key was fixed in one of the patches (it was actually a level 1 key in earlier versions).

I don't recall which update removed the BF key cheat; at one point I think they would get removed from your inventory, but not if they were in a container in your inventory. I don't know if that would help in the latest version.

A
stranger
stranger
A
OK thanks I will try the container trick. Also good to know the Act IV key 6 was fixed in a patch...gamebanshee faq is for patch 1.45 so I need to remind myself that some of their info is wrong.

I wonder, does lockpicking work now? Not that I have skill points to spare, in hardcore =D

Support
Support

Lockpicking was fixed. Have you not started running into barrels, etc that are locked? Before that skill was fixed there were only a couple locked containers that didn't have a key.
Too bad you can not just break locked vases and barrels like you could in DD...

In hardcore, each of the characters has a 30% chance of getting an extra skill point each time they level (so there is a 9% chance both will).

A
stranger
stranger
A
I noticed the locked barrels, but didn't know that was a change. Stupid that you can't break them, yes, LOL. They should do it like Planescape Torment did, where you need a certain strength to bash them.

I noticed the extra skill points! They are much appreciated! However, it takes away a little from the hardcore nature.

Hey my BFs are really screwing up, going to the black screen every time I start to play my current save. What do I do? I reconfigured, no good. Rebooted. Restarted the game. No good.

I'm in act IV so I can't use the pyramids to teleport back and forth and reset the screen.

Do I leave and come back, and it will be better? =/

Support
Support

For 'going to black' do you just mean the fog of war, and the map / mini-map? If you just keep exploring, it should start re-clearing again in blocks as you move.
If you double click on a character portrait to re-centre the screen focus there, does that help with the mini-map?

You can try exiting the BF and returning, though it would be a bit of a pain if you had to keep doing that...

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard