Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tito Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello all, first post, I looked and looked, I tried SEARCH,

My question is, what do the Item Colors mean?

Are there Uncommon and Rare Items, are there Set Pieces in the game to look out for?

Also, when you die, should the game reload or should I resurrect somewhere or do I just have to reload a saved spot?

Thank you all for any help and happy hunting...

as far as I can tell, you always have to reload.

Tito Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Assuming a new post willget some attention, I am also wondering about SPEED?

I recently found a Slow Medal -9 Speed. Do I want +SPEED or -SPEED Items?

Thank you in advance very mucho...

Support
Support
The colour of the item name indicates the relative quality of the equipment, though there is some overlap. From low to high: white, grey, blue, green, yellow, gold.

There are unique equipment pieces in the game, which have set locations (ie a specific place, or a quest reward), though the stats are random. There are no rare / uncommon items. There is one set in the game (dragon armour).

You do have to reload a previous save if you die.

It has been awhile since I've played, but I'm pretty sure you would want a positive speed bonus (especially given the name of the shield).

Early Starter Tips (NON-Spoiler Version)

Welcome to the forum. wave

enthusiast
enthusiast
Nice one Raze! grin

Also Tito, if you want detailed info on quests and items, you can check out Kiya's Website. Just click her profile in the user list, and click her homepage. It has already helped me with the Easter Egg Quest, so thank you Kiya! wink

Last edited by twoheadedragon; 14/04/08 05:58 AM.

"Oh Lord, how long will the search go on?"
Tito Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I hate to pump up a post with a simple thank you note, but Hey Thanks Peeps, thanks a lot.

And I been using Kiya's website and its great, it has cleared some things up but I mostly use forums just if im really confused. I try to stay away from guides and tips cause I like figuring it out and i'll survive the mistakes(I hope). I always feel thats part of the adventure, especially here since I have the chance to build so many different skills. And on that note, I now remember another question.

IS THERE A LEVEL CAP??

I see there are no respawns so I have to assume the skill points are sort of vital...

Thanks again people...

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is no level cap as far as I know, but as you level up it takes more xp to gain another level, so people generally ended the game at around level 45-52, exceptions being with Ariana at the end being level 17 (trying to set a record for the lowest possible level finish) and Lews, who used an old resurrection trick to reach level 59.

EDIT:Also, the game doesn't provide so much of a challenge (although the challenge is way better than many games), so you could end the game with lots of skill points extra, although at the beginning there are quite a few vital skills so you'll probably be using your skill points more near the beginning. wink

Last edited by twoheadedragon; 15/04/08 03:15 AM. Reason: Forgot to answer a question

"Oh Lord, how long will the search go on?"
Support
Support
Also, mage skill books can be bought (or found), and you can get some skills as quest rewards.

Free skills, and spell books you can buy (minor spoilers)

Warrior's tend to have lots of skill points to spare. Even playing a mage you don't have to be a miser with your skill points (though you may want to save before investing in new spells, so you can reload if you do not care for them).

either Augment Defense or Augment Damage (game can give either): defeat the instructor...

Has anyone gotten the Augment Defense point from this? I tried 10 times and got augment damage every time.

Support
Support
I loaded my save (warrior) before entering the warrior's guild, and tried with new characters (mage and survivor). Since it is apparently not random, my first thought was that it could be determined by character class or the type of attack used against the instructor.

As far as I can tell, if you have at least 2 points in Augment Defense and have a higher level of Augment Defense than Augment Damage, the game will give you a level of Augment Defense for beating the instructor. Other than that, you get a level of Augment Damage.

Note: If you have Augment Damaged maxed, you do not get a skill level reward for beating the instructor, even if Augment Defense can be raised.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard