Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by SirChronos
Who says you have to kill everything? Sure, maybe if they can freeze or stun you or something then it's annoying, otherwise wouldn't it be pretty easy to run past them considering you are a higher level assuming you have better armour, higher HP or dodge?

Sorry, but it would be stupid game element (no offense to you, just bad idea IMHO). Of course you don't have to kill them, but in that case you are forced to run away from enemies (they will hunt you), then you will pass other enemies etc. - and sooner or later you cant do anything other than to run all the time to avoid unwanted combat. Its EXTREMELY annoying and bad game element (from developer's point of view it's very lame implementation of respawn/enemy AI). Even in action RPGs players should have always enough time to stop and look at surroundings or stop and think about next steps (if enemies are dead). So if you implement respawn to game it basically means that you want players always kill them.

Please, no annoying respawn in RPGs (it can be tolerated only in few special locations like monster nests or deep woods).

old hand
old hand
Well the previous games when something died, it died and was gone for good. Same with busting stuff like clay pots and barrels, it remains busted for the rest of the game.

I hope I can bust stuff up in this game, it's fun making a mess!

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
apprentice
apprentice
DD had a skill, giving limited, manual respawn.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard