Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Go to your ...video/story folder game (probably c:/program files/divinity ii - ego draconis/data/video/story) and change the video file name "Endscene_German" to "Endscene_English" and play the game. Now it don't is going to crash anymore and you don't 'll forget this shit.. oh i mean "great" ending to this great game.

You made an account just to tell that? I figured that out myself a while ago.

Adding a comment about the ending alongside it kinda makes it a low shot. You're free not to like the ending, but tell me: did you see it coming? If the answer is yes, then I guess your opinion stands. If the answer is no, then you should just think of it like "Star Wars: The empire strikes back", even the bad guys need a victory sometimes.

The Divinity series is supposed to be a trilogy - or so I understood. Just hope they get around to making the final game in the series.

He's not just medieval, he's fully evil! The baboo will get you, https://www.nilteran.com
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Divinehand
Go to your ...video/story folder game (probably c:/program files/divinity ii - ego draconis/data/video/story) and change the video file name "Endscene_German" to "Endscene_English" and play the game. Now it don't is going to crash anymore and you don't 'll forget this shit.. oh i mean "great" ending to this great game.

So you come to the oficial larian forums and teach people how to hack a part of the game.

Very cool of you... not.

how to hack? lol...
that is not a hack at all..
renaming 1 video file is a very big "hack" xD

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Alex__
how to hack? lol...
that is not a hack at all..
renaming 1 video file is a very big "hack" xD

If he needs this file rename is because he is playing with a hacked version of the german release... If not, he wouldnt need to rename any file.

its just a language hack...
i also use it because i dont understand german at all!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Excuse me but if i paid for my german version of the game, that makes it my game and being my game i can change its language since i don't hacked anything i just used a language that the game was programed, and since i just change a file with 1kb size or you think that all text of the game is programmed in a 1k size file??? Since i dont sold a copy from my game and dont upload anything to no one to chage the game, i just instructed to who paid for the game how to solve a problem without install or HACK ANYTHING, i really think that i dont commit any crime. See my post like a config instrution.
If you speaks german good for you, but how i dont speak and i paid for my game...

That's it and i think that a dont have and dont 'll say nothing more about this.

Last edited by Divinehand; 01/09/09 12:53 PM.
old hand
old hand
You agree to an end user license agreement.

You know that 20 page thing that no one ever reads? That you will not modify or reverse engineer any files. Basically it is the same license agreement everyone uses with some amendments added or taken away. We all violated the game, violated Larian and violated the Divine in hacking it into English.

We are violators that should have our heads cut off and fed to a goblin. Only after a good weak of being beaten to a pulp...

Kidding aside, we don't "buy" the game. You purchased a license to use the game as it was meant to be designed. All you own is the DVD, box, booklets and crap like that. The music and data is owned by Larian.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 02/09/09 12:21 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
That 20-page-thing no one reads is not even valid according to german law. It might be different in other countries, though. But here it's worth nothing (because you don't get to see it before you open the package/before you buy it).
There may be many reasons not to hack something - but the license agreement is the least good of them. wink

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard