Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
Hello boyz and girls
this thread is about "me" hehe

1.NO SPOILERS:PLEASE,ONLY ABOUT MY MAGE AND WHAT STATS AND TACTIC HE SHOULD USE
Well I know they are armors and weapons that require intelligence but they are rare
so about my stats

I will go full spirit with intelligence and many points in stamina so I can be efective
NOTE:I don"t wanna STR

NOTE:I will use fireball with firewall for attack
with charm,blind and spells like that(for support) mage

My question is this
Are there gears that can reduce cooldown of spells

Thank you

oh and one thing
what about summoning spells

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 20/10/09 11:38 AM.

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
apprentice
apprentice
There is no gear that will reduce cooldown. You're stuck with waiting.

Summoning demons is useful, since they actually engage in fighting and can take the attention away from you. They act as tanks. Ghosts are semi useless because you shouldn't be needing a healer since you're away from the action, and there are other things you could better spend points on. Undead are absolutely useless, because you're the mage - why would you need another one?

Since you've already decided how to play your mage, what exactly do you expect from this thread? smile

By the way, I see you're still stuck on wanting to use fireball. That's great, since it's one of the classic mage spells from various games. The only problem is this: Fighters and Rangers can hammer away for tons of damage with swords and arrows in the time it takes you to wait for fireball to reload, making you very ineffective.
FireWall expects the enemy to come in close.. If you want to let enemies close to you - you better have a lot of life and armor, or you'll be toast.

Fireball is a great opening spell, for damaging lots of foes at the same time, and okay for the occassional blast, but it's a very poor damage-per-second spell. It's not very effective in rapid combat. Magic Missile is the DPS spell for mages.

Explosive arrows, again, is what fireball should have been. It's more powerful than fireballs and you can fire them every 5 seconds. Bam!

addict
OP Offline
addict
What about magic blast
and I keep telling you that I like mages not archers

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 21/10/09 04:08 PM.

old hand
old hand
You know, even as a mage I'd increase my strength & dexterity. If not, your physical/ranged protection will be really low and since 90% of enemies in the game are melee/ranged... you'll run into large problems.

addict
OP Offline
addict
I can handle few pesky goblins and skeletons
but I wanna find out this
Is fireball strong enough to kill in one shoot when maxed with destruction

Thank you

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Probably not, but I guess theres no "one shot" way to kill opponents. Except when you are really high lvl and they are like 10 lvls under you. laugh

At the and of game, as warrior/ranger I did around 2k crits, but its still not enough to one-shot anyone.. (and thats crit, not just hit.. those are bit lower..).

apprentice
apprentice
Hey, I didn't tell you to play an archer. I'm simply EXPLAINING to you that fireball sucks, mkay? Sorry if you don't like that, but it's a fact.

Oh wait, yes, there IS a one-shot kill. I did it quite a bit with Explosive Arrows, lol. Or at least they had about 40 or so HP left :>

Anyway, I'm done wasting time on you. You only see the few things you don't like hearing, instead of all the other advice given to you. So it would be a waste of effort helping you any further =)

veteran
veteran
Since patch 1.02, "deadtime" (after a shot) for archers decreased a bit and now most of foes magic missiles has no auto-aim.
Rangers like unbeatable in 1.02 XD

addict
OP Offline
addict
I am sorry chiken slayer
you are right
fireball is more for battlemage types but for pure sorcerer type magic missile are what am I looking for
and to be honest 1 second of cooldown allow me to bring 15x more destruction to my enemies
I hope magic missiles are strong enough on later level??????I am waiting

addict
OP Offline
addict
I can"t decide
destruction or confusion
destruction add little firepower and confusion add % to confuse enemys few seconds

addict
OP Offline
addict
another question
how should I proced with my atribute points
I play again

veteran
veteran
It is YOUR choice how you will spend them.
Your game.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Kein
It is YOUR choice how you will spend them.
Your game.

no no no no and NO
if you ask me all points in spirit and intelligence
but what about my health
well I guess I must kill em before they kill me

enthusiast
enthusiast
well, it's an or/or situation. Either you're a glass cannon with loads of attack and no defense, or you're a tankmage with some defense but less attack capabilities. Both are valid choices, though I must say, a defensive mage is a bit of a conundrum. If you want defense, you should go another way.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Little VS

Confusion-destruction VS charm-wisdom

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 01/11/09 01:06 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard