Ok
Just finish game with my UBER-ULTIMATE MAGE
I kill Divine with 3-4 magic missiles and Zandalor with 4-5 magic missiles
Killed soldiers with firewall
level 34

one question
I don"t understand ending
can someone explain me
I mean I free Ygerna,and then Lucius talk to me and after that I saw movie where Damian is still alive even if she is ressurected confused

Last edited by lynn; 10/11/09 04:43 PM.

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
veteran
veteran
Lol, did you read the last dialogue scene with Lucian? :P

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Kein
Lol, did you read the last dialogue scene with Lucian? :P

Yes
but I still didn"t understand his points

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
veteran
veteran
Explanation given to us in the game:

Read what Zandalor and Talana said. Damian messed up with Soulforge spell and "inverted" it. Something went wrong but even Zandalor had no clue what happened. So, his thoughts that Ygerna's resurrection will kill Damian can be wrong or correct as well. And, as you can see - he was wrong. Ygerna's ressurection - Damian immortality/invulnerability (Lucian says so @ the end)

Errors in the plot:

1. Damian's soul - the Lord of Chaos' soul. As we knew from DD1, only his material body can be killed, but no the soul. So, there is a question: how Soulforge spell will affect him?
2. What the point of immortality if Damian already is?

S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
I too am confused. So the woman that guided and gave you the powers of a dragon knight was not Talana but Ygerna? She has that kind of amazing power? What of Talana then? Howl did the main character got sealed in that crystal in the blink of an eye? Is the Divine dead or alive? Ahhh, so many questions it hurts my head smirk

That was indeed Ygerna, not Talana that gave you the gift - Dragon. No idea what`s up with Talana, i`m just guessing she`s still alive somewhere, it isnt proven that she`s dead since Lord Arbens ghost was haunting in the church cellars. If Talana would be long dead, then you wouldn`t have met Arbens ghost in the first place. You ended up traped in the Hall of Echoes together with Lucian, the Divine, who still is alive in fact.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by sin
I too am confused. So the woman that guided and gave you the powers of a dragon knight was not Talana but Ygerna? She has that kind of amazing power?

Yeah, Ygerna, a human and just a daughter of Black Ring leader is... much more powerful than the Lord of Chaos itself, haha.

Yeah, this made me lol too, but oh well...

old hand
old hand
I don't understand what was up with Talana too. How the heck did Ygerna control a *Dragon Knight* (supposedly the most powerful creatures on earth after Dragons) from within the Hall of Echoes? Same goes for the crystal thingie... apparently it is so very easy to curtail a Dragon Knight (Damian didn't even know about it, lol).

Not to mention, what was up with Lovis? Did she control him too?

As for Damian, the Divine mentions that Ygerna living is Damian's invincibility... well I don't see the point... he was already nearly invincible anyway since he was the reincarnation of the Dark One.

Maybe one of the Larian writers could explain it a bit more here? (pretty please...) laugh

Last edited by virumor; 16/11/09 09:09 AM.
Uhm, actually, Dragon Knights have been working for the Black Ring all along. If you remember from Divine Divinity, the very first Black Ring member you encountered was a Dragon Knight, later on you stumbled upon more Dragon Knights, that were out there to kill you. I don`t know about the "backstabbing" that was mentioned in Divinity 2, prolly nobody knew that Dragon Knights were on the Black Rings side. In fact, Lovis is a great example of how bad Dragon Knights were, if you learnt the truth about him.

Last edited by DeviRyuuD; 16/11/09 12:05 PM.

old hand
old hand
That's not really what I was talking about.

If Talana were a simple traitor, the plot would make sense. But the thing is that Talana seemed to be controlled by Ygerna from within the Hall of Echoes... that seems a bit far-fetched.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It wasn't Talana that was being controlled. You were. Ygerna says so. You were mentally in a very weak state because of the lapse in the Dragon Slayer ritual, which was Rhode's fault. Talana may have been controlled to some degree - coercing a dying Dragon Knight, the last of her kind, into giving another her power wouldn't have been too difficult - but not necessarily. Zandalor was wrong about the influence of the Soul Forge spell. I didn't see any big loopholes there. Ygerna's a powerful sorceress, yes, but more cunning than powerful. She abused your weak mental state to influence your thoughts - as you can easily tell from playing the game.

Therefore, also, turned out the Dragon Slayers were right all along. Dragon Knights should be exterminated, because they are extremely powerful, but still only possess the mind of a human, which is too easy to control. No man should have that kind of power, even to do good, as doing good may inadvertantly cause irreparable harm.

Anyway, I, for one, liked the ending.

Last edited by swordscythe; 17/11/09 05:22 PM.
old hand
old hand
I think now that due to the Soul Forge between Damian & Ygerna, Ygerna maybe shared Damian's power and was able to speak to you from within the Hall of Echoes... let alone take over the body of a dying Dragon Knight.

S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
Anybody has an idea why Damian Soul Forged his soul in the first place? Hi's suppose to be all powerful right? Why soul forged with a mere human? Wont that make him vulnerable? Don't tell me its the bullsh*t reason "to strengthen their love"...

old hand
old hand
To prevent Ygerna's death... but he was too late. If they had been soul forged before her head was severed from her body, she would've been invulnerable just as Damian... Damian being the Damned One incarnate and all.

S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
I see. So with a soul forge Damian would share some of his power (Laiken was more powerful than the demon he was soul forged). What else bugs me is: Was Ygerna literally controlling the Dragon Knight or just manipulating/deceiving him and Zandalor?

enthusiast
enthusiast
deceiving and manipulating. She didn't move your cursor wink

S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
But the game didn't offer you critical choices either. Whatever you do it always leads to the same result frown Thou I suppose your death could be considered alternative ending :P

old hand
old hand
The entire quest was hopeless -- if you die, Damian wins. If you lose, Damian wins. :p

More like, if you die - Damian wins, if you ressurect Ygerna - Ygerna & Damian win.

S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
I never played Divine Divinity. Is there a connection between the stories? Someone mention that the Dragon Knights worked for the Black Ring?? In Divinity II after you become a dragon you were annihilating flying fortresses all by yourself. My question is: Was every Dragon Knight as powerful as the hero from Divinity II?? The end bosses of the game were Zandalor and the Divine. You beat them both (+ all of the guards)! Was that their true strength or they were "defective" being a memory xD

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard