Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Support
Support

There are no significant differences in the servants' abilities or the platforms themselves. With the trainers the cost to upgrade different types of skills differ between the trainers, your creature's stats differ slightly based on the necromancer, etc. The main differences are the quests they offer, though.

R
stranger
stranger
R
i chosse the most obvious i think. doing duels. i only dont trust fully on necromancers

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by grannyct
Alan makes "Alan Brew" which is a 36 to full armour rating.

Question:
is that "Alan Brew" a PERMANENTLY increasing of 36 points in full armor rating? smirk
Or just a potion he make to use for 180 seconds?

Thanks in advance!
wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
Nobody knows? wink

I wonder what is "special" about Allan's brew!
If it is simply a normal "Full Resistance" potion, like I can find or make by alchemy in the game, I choose back Barnabus like earlier.
If I choose Alan, can I do also for him a Quests when I have my Battle Tower?

wave

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Support
Support

Allen's brew is temporary, though better than the Ultimate Full Resistance potion (boost of 36, rather than 23); I assume it would have the same effect time as other similar potions, but picked the other alchemist, and only used a couple temporary boost potions at the start of the game.

Allan does have a couple quests for you in the battle tower, though he wants a wisdom potion for his second quest that gives a permanent +5 Int boost, which you can drink yourself if you pick Barbatos.

veteran
veteran
Thanks Raze! wink

I choose this time Allan, simply for some variation delight
And nice to read Allan asks for some quests to do, love it to solve Quests quests and more more quests biggrin !

I use frequently boost-potions and it helps me a lot in the most heavy battle! smile
So I try to make boostpotions for dexerity (sure this because I paly a ranger most!), strength (if melee fighters attack me hard), intelligence, full resistance ...

PS: I wonder how simple it was to kill Laiken (Razakel) on hard difficulty ... only 15 seconds I think and the battle was over.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Originally Posted by taltamir
I chose hermosa, for all the reasons stated above. (and she has better quest rewards). I let her beat the other guy in combat first... (it changed the reward from finishing the quest btw... not that it matters)
I chose Igor, because I just like him better, rewards are the same, and he gives magic resist to creature (vs physical resist of the other).
I chose Barbosa or whatever he is called, not allen, because he has 5 degrees, while allen thinks "man I am such a terrible liar"... plus, better quest rewards. And I read that allen brew is bugged (and I still couldn't find any description of what it does)
I chose Wessen, because while his sword was not as good, he is much better at armor and gems than he is at swords. Plus I like him better, and his quest rewards are massively better. (he also has 2 quests instead of 1)

Same here
Hermosa(Slayer would kill me on sleep)
Igor(He is loyal,while second guy wanna backstab me)
Wesson(He is better with armors and I am mage so I need armors)
Barbatosa(Allan is liar while Barbatos is best alchemist in Rivellon)

I disagree on you choice of Alchemist.

1st of all, Allen isn't a lair, he is merely not confident.

2nd, personally i think Barbatosa is the one lying, reason:
- He knows he is on Sentinel Island
- He is, as he says, the best in one of the academic area, how can he not know what Sentinel Island is for
- He claims that all these are a trick when his own knowledge tells him all these can be very true
- Finally, he keeps saying he is the best.

Somewhat, i feels that he is doing what Hermosa wanna do, trying not to sound desperate while wanting every chance to live.

Between a over-confident professor and a timid/unsure apprentice, i prefer a apprentice who's limit is not yet exhausted and willing to learn.

Since one can always gain confident with a few success, but proud almost can't be corrected (there is a reason for it to be listed as prime evil).

We claims that we longed for the promised land, but our actions speak otherwise.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Joram
Originally Posted by grannyct
Alan makes "Alan Brew" which is a 36 to full armour rating.

Question:
is that "Alan Brew" a PERMANENTLY increasing of 36 points in full armor rating? smirk
Or just a potion he make to use for 180 seconds?

Thanks in advance!
wink

I don't think there is any potion that gives permanent effect in this game.

We claims that we longed for the promised land, but our actions speak otherwise.
veteran
veteran
Indeed, Potions that increase one of your stats or resistance are all "temporarily" .

Me, I prefer also Allan above Barbatos, just because of that Allan Brew + I like Allan more than Barbatos, just my "personal feeling" wink

Support
Support

The Potion of Wisdom (which Allan wants for one of his platform upgrade quests) gives a permanent +5 Intelligence boost.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard