Next Thread
Print Thread
#393545 25/11/09 02:05 PM
siempie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
is there a solution for the following:
every now and then the game kinda freezes. The characters keep walking in place and no further interaction with the game is possible: resulting in Alt-Tab to the desktop and having to restart the game. also occurs ocasionally in the inventory screen
-Windows XP
-GeForce 8800GTS
_AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core proccesor 5200+
-latest directX nvidia and PhysX drivers

siempie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
btw the same occurs when bashing crates and barrels. they continue to puff up smoke and no further interaction is possible.

old hand
old hand
Did you get the latest game patches?

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
R
stranger
stranger
R
having an issue where my machine will hang and will not respond to mouse or keys forcing a hard reboot .

the issue still happens but not as frequently since i discovered that any catalyst driver after 9.8 does not support dx 9 . all new ati drivers are designed for dx 10 and 11 in windows 7 . Divinity 2 is a game based around dx 9 if im not mistaken and therefore anyone running windows 7 should be using 9.8 .

hasnt solved all my issues but has made them happen less frequently . not a system thing as i can run dragonage , borderlands , champ online and risen in full graphic modes without any issues .

any ideas?

rekp #394264 02/12/09 08:35 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
Siempie: I have the same problem like you and i dont find anything to solve the problem

F
stranger
stranger
F
Same issues here.

Please patch pronto, else I get pissed!

F
stranger
stranger
F
I think I found a work around for the constant hanging and freezing.

I walked everywhere for about an hour. I didn't run at all, and didn't have any hangs. I then started to run again and haven't had an issue for about 3 hours more of gameplay.

NA version btw.

apprentice
apprentice
Ok this will seem like a necrobump but... was this ever solved for this? I have DKS on Steam and it does this all the time, I love the game but it feels like getting kicked in the nuts each time it happens... and call me stubborn but I keep playing regardless.

As has been stated this just happens at random, I can be walking along a path then the game freezes and I have to use Task manager to kill it, I will be midfight and crash, I will be opening a menu and crash, I will be standing still and crash at some point only realizing I did because I can't move (animations still play and everything)

And its not like at set times, it can be 1 minute into play, an hour into play or anywhere in between... its annoying.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have the same problem and i have reinstalled the OS Drivers an all is for not

"As has been stated this just happens at random, I can be walking along a path then the game freezes and I have to use Task manager to kill it, I will be midfight and crash, I will be opening a menu and crash, I will be standing still and crash at some point only realizing I did because I can't move (animations still play and everything)

And its not like at set times, it can be 1 minute into play, an hour into play or anywhere in between... "
i just bought the game 3 days ago and cant play for more then 10 min

old hand
old hand
If you have this on an AMD machine, install the AMD dual core optimizer:

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dyn...8-1432-4756-aafa-4d9dc646342f&ItemID=153

Tweeting @forktong
S
stranger
stranger
S
I had that problem a while back, it was so annoying I ended up uninstalling the game for a few months out of frustration. I reinstalled it today though, and managed to fix the problem.

The Dual core optimizer didn't work for me, I too have dual core AMD processors, but disabling multicore in the graphics options has gotten rid of the issue almost entirely, and since I was running the game on fairly low settings anyway I haven't noticed a drop in performance at all. In fact, it seems to have gotten rid of some of the choppiness I was experiencing frame rate wise. The game still does occasionally crash, but I was playing for about 6 hours solid today with no problems, whereas before I could only play for about 15 minutes.

Hope this helps!

Support
Support

Thanks for the feedback.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard