Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mogitu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
i have purchased the gog.com remastered version of divine divinity but i seem unable to make any progress with the council of 7 quest thus hindering me in completing the game wich i want before i start divinity 2:)

im at the point that i have found the elven council member and now i was chasing those dwarves who stole their relics.
i went after them into a cave and went down a floortile where i encountered a whitch with a red orb or something in her hand and from there the game keeps crashing immediately after im done with the dialog.

i already tried multiple clean reinstalls and im on a dead on what to do now:(

Support
Support

When the conversation with Josephine ends, she summons a deathknight, casts a spell on and then attacks (with Blind and Hell Spikes).

If you can interrupt her summoning, she will not have a chance to cast the spell that appears to be is causing the crash. Flash Attack (if you have it) using a weapon with Frost, or the passive Stun skill may work, or Freeze.

A couple people have had problems in the digital download version with certain spells, but the save worked fine in the CD/DVD version of the game. If you install it from the CDs/DVD again (your first post mentioned having previous saves) to a separate location, you may be able to play long enough to get past the problem, the switch back to the GOG install.

Check your messages (click 'My Stuff' in the top menu bar, then 'My Messages').

M
Mogitu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hello Raze,

thanks for the tip, i still had my own old 3cd version hanging around and i installed that one and imported my save to there.

now i managed to defeat her and get past that quest however when i save it and import it back into the gog version i can properly load it but i cant create a new save or overwrite the file in the gog version as it crashes on saving.

guess its an incompatibility between versions.
if theres no solution for this then i guess i have to finish the last bit of the game in the 3cd version, unfortunately.

your help is much appreciated though:)

Support
Support

Try deleting all of the files in the '..\Divine Divinity\Run\Dynamic' folder in the GOG version before loading the save from the CD version.
This folder is used as a cache for the game. Files are created / copied there from the save game folder when you load, and written / copied from that folder when you save a game. The files will be re-created as required the next time you start Divinity. If there was a corrupt file in that folder, deleting the files should fix the problem.

The save game version number was not changed between the latest CD/DVD version and the digital distribution, so I don't think there should be any incompatibilities as far as loading or saving are concerned...

M
Mogitu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Didnt work, i even tried a complete fresh reinstall of the gog version aswell.
loading isnt a problem but saving makes me instant crash.
Guess ill have to finish with the 3cd version hehe.

addict
addict
I have the same crash on saving between the versions, as well as other random crashes with the gog version.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I am having the same problem at the same area, as soon as I enter the area she begins talking and as soon as she is finished it crashes. I also have problems when I enter the big church up north, it goes to a cut scene where 2 monks or whatever get attacked by a ghost, the 2 are spinning relentlessly and the scene never ends. And other than the random crashes to the desktop, I have to say this is one of the best RPG's I have ever played.....the bugs suck, tho....GOG version BTW, thanks.

addict
addict
What's sad is this is supposed to be the bug-fixed version, and it introduces a whole new set of bugs. Might go back to playing 3CD version. sad

M
Mogitu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by LordKaos
I am having the same problem at the same area, as soon as I enter the area she begins talking and as soon as she is finished it crashes. I also have problems when I enter the big church up north, it goes to a cut scene where 2 monks or whatever get attacked by a ghost, the 2 are spinning relentlessly and the scene never ends. And other than the random crashes to the desktop, I have to say this is one of the best RPG's I have ever played.....the bugs suck, tho....GOG version BTW, thanks.

I have the exact same problem in that church aswell, i didnt pay much attention to it since it wasnt really involved in the main campaign.

I never had these problems in the 3cd version and it is as someone mentioned supposed to be the "fixed" version hehehe. Well im playing the 3cd version flawless atm and i dont regret supporting larian with buying the gog version as they do an awesome job nevertheless:D

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'd hate to have to buy the CD version after paying to dl the game from GOG.....but I have become slightly addicted to this game so I may. There should be a law disallowing companies (no matter how great the game) from making a sequel without first fixing the first game.....much like Microsoft, give you an incomplete OS and before they fix the bugs they are cramming a new OS on the shelves....no disrespect to Larian at all but geez...we pay money to play your games, fix'em smile

Support
Support

Larian is working on a patch for the downloadable version.

Unfortunately, whenever you fix or update software there is a possibility of introducing new bugs, or changing something that has unanticipated consequences. I think there was only one person working on the download version, so that may explain why it looks like it didn't get as thorough a testing as it should have.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Bought the downloadable version through Impulse. I'm having the same problems as have been reported here with the crash in the area with Josephine, and the spinning monks in the cathedral. Many other crashes at random points, most of which I could get around by reloading from a saved game.

I also hit a consistent crash when the Orc Leader attacks (in the far southeast of Rivertown).

Despite getting permission from the Dwarven King to enter the mines, when I move the mouse pointer over the cave entrance it highlights the entrance, but no amount of clicking on it will move my character into it. Similarly, I can't get down the staircase in the Warrior's Guild.

This is a very fun game, but with these crashes and the inability to enter the Dwarven mines, I can't make any further progress on the quests, and I'll have to quit playing.

Support
Support

A couple people have reported problems with picking up items or taking stairs, etc, either in the vicinity of the warriors' guild or the imp castle. It sounds like the same thing is happening for you in the dwarven mines.

Hopefully the patch will be released before too long...

P
stranger
stranger
P
Thanks for the response. I'll hope for the best on the patch.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I started another game, playing as a survivor instead of as a warrior, and now, in addition to the problems I previously stated, I get a consistent crash when fighting Demona in Aleroth when trying to free Mardaneus on the human council member quest.

P
stranger
stranger
P
By the way, in case it helps, I'm playing under Vista, mostly at a resolution of 1920x1080. I've tried playing at lower resolutions, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on the crashes, although it does let me see the animations from the scrying stones a bit better.

Support
Support

Maybe it would help if you used DAD's item editor to give a large damage value to some crappy weapon, to give you a one hit kill for opponents that cause a problem? I'm not sure if anyone has tested the editor with the download version, though.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard