Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mromson Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've already bought the first Divinity games on Impulse and wish to Pre-order the second title, but for some strange reason the game is only available in the US/CA on Impulse.

Any hopes for making Divinity II available in Europe on my platform of choice; Stardock's Impulse?

Thanks wink

Mromson Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Shameless bump.

old hand
old hand
Just buy the US Version then smile
It does include the latest fixes.

Support
Support

It sounds like Stardock only has North American distribution rights, while Gamersgate has the UK, at least (they don't list the price when I check that page, and if I click on 'buy' I just get a message that it is not available for purchase from my location).
Did you try contacting Stardock? There may be a time limit on the region exclusivity, but if so I would expect it to be on the order of a year or several.

Mromson Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I would purchase the US version if it was available for purchase outside of the US.

Buying the Disc version is unacceptable.

It is also equally unacceptable to purchase anything with SecuROM or TÄGES, install limits or not.

I will get this game - but I'd rather pay for it. I made this post in hopes that the developer would read it and promptly unlock it on Impulse worldwide. My patience expires with the US Release on January 5th.

Support
Support

Larian can not just 'unlock' access on Impulse. I would assume there are several legal agreements involved between developers, publishers and distributors on distribution areas for any new game.
Did you try contacting Impulse? They would probably have the best idea if and when they may be distributing the game outside North America.

Mromson Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

Larian can not just 'unlock' access on Impulse. I would assume there are several legal agreements involved between developers, publishers and distributors on distribution areas for any new game.
Did you try contacting Impulse? They would probably have the best idea if and when they may be distributing the game outside North America.

Can't really say I care for such imbecilic legal agreements if there are any. I've already spoken to the Impulse guys and know that there is nothing they can do. This is the developer, distributor and publishers business, I am merely voicing my displeasure.

If they can't make a SIMPLE thing such as allowing me to PURCHASE their bloody game, then I won't feel sorry for keeping my $60.

This is all beyond ridiculous.

old hand
old hand
They're allowing you to purchase at other sites.
Your acting like its not available to Purchase Online.
Its not beyond ridiculous at all!

Support
Support

What is ridiculous is posting in a developer's forum to say if you don't get what you want exactly how you want it, you'll just steal their product.

Mromson Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by DivineGamer

Oh? It is? Where? I haven't found anywhere.

Best I've found is a rental at full price (SecuROM).

Support
Support

Even Stardock requires an internet connection to install the game. If you don't like the limitations of digital distribution (though Impulse certainly appears to be one of the best in this regard), then get the DVD version of the game, which only has a disk check. If Impulse is your only acceptable copy protection system, then just don't get the game until Impulse or GOG, etc, start carrying it in a few years.

Mromson Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

Even Stardock requires an internet connection to install the game. If you don't like the limitations of digital distribution (though Impulse certainly appears to be one of the best in this regard), then get the DVD version of the game, which only has a disk check. If Impulse is your only acceptable copy protection system, then just don't get the game until Impulse or GOG, etc, start carrying it in a few years.

The game already HAS Impulse GOO, the problem is I cannot purchase it from outside US/CA. I care little for where I digitally purchase it, as long as the DRM isn't intrusive. Install limits, download limits, 3rd party activations, etc. are all UNACCEPTABLE. The company is supposed to match the best alternative if they want my money.

And I'll repeat, I do not buy games on a disc. I don't even have a disc drive anymore. All this DRM is bullshit anyway - if you wish to crack something, DRM isn't gonna stop anyone. All it does it piss off paying customers such as myself.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Mromson

Oh? It is? Where? I haven't found anywhere.

Best I've found is a rental at full price (SecuROM).

So you dont want SecureROM?

apprentice
apprentice
What are you guys talking about :S

I got this original copy of divinity II just before x-mas. And i bought it in a regular game store. It was the last 1 tough.

I live in holland btw :P

-------
You don't know what you got, Till it's gone.
-------
Mromson Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Lunainin
What are you guys talking about :S

I got this original copy of divinity II just before x-mas. And i bought it in a regular game store. It was the last 1 tough.

I live in holland btw :P

In the store, yes. But digitally, this game is still in the stone age. Well, the developers/publishers are, at any rate.

old hand
old hand
How are they.
You can get it at Gamersgate or gamesplanet.com if you wanted to, there might be more(?).
Its available for Digital Download just not at your preferred site.
Use another site...

Mromson Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
How are they.
You can get it at Gamersgate or gamesplanet.com if you wanted to, there might be more(?).
Its available for Digital Download just not at your preferred site.
Use another site...

Thought I already stated that I refuse to pay for a rental?

Mromson Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I guess my complaints were heard. Bought it on Steam. wink

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard