Next Thread
Print Thread
#396866 28/12/09 02:01 AM
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Well, I'm up to this quest, and the bandits kill me everytime I go up. I survive the first 2 to 3 waves, but then I eventually die when I battle the Leader (the guy that always talks. His name starts with a G or something).

Can you guys help me? I'm a level 16, I have Summon Undead (Lv 1), Summon Ghost (Lv 1), Fear (Lv2), Hide in the Shadows (Lv 1), Fireball (Lv 1), Whirlwind (Lv 1), Rush Attack (Lv 2), Battle Rage (Lv 1), Life Leech (Lv 1), Bleed (Lv 1), Thousand Strikes (Lv 1, but I don't have enough mana to use it), Evade (Lv 1), Potion Efficiency (Lv 1). I also have 36 Potion of Lesser Healing.

How can I get past the bandits?

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Did you complete all the possible side quest and kill and the monster before you go there ??? The enemy in this mission have the level of 20 - to high
And , the way you spend your skill points, in my opinion , is not effective. You should focus on some skill only , not all of them.
Good luck with this quest.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
The Bandits are level 16-17. What do you mean level 20?

And, that's why I need to kill Laiken, so I can retrain my skills. What do you suggest I retrain them to anyway?

"Never Try, Never Fail."
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Sorry my bad smile I passed that entry 2 weeks ago , so I don't remember exactly. Laiken is about 18 or 20 , right ???

anyway , U can't retrain your skill until you defeat Laiken , so now you just have to find more ways to earn extra skill points (mindreading , search every dungeon , etc). I remember that in Broken Valley you can earn more than 5 skill points by searching every corners there

old hand
old hand
If you cant fight, just run. Occasionally there will always 1 or 2 enemies will follow you and you should able take them down without much problem. Fully recover and approach the horde again and you shouldnt have much problem with them. Or just go do some remaining side quests for experience to boost your level. Once you engage in the battle with Laiken, all your current unfinished side quests in broken valley and sentinel island will be unaccessible.

ACSS #396896 28/12/09 09:35 AM
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
I finished the quest at level 17 and killed Laiken!

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited by SoulWing; 28/12/09 09:36 AM.

"Never Try, Never Fail."
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
someone told me those bandits are level 28 - i was a mage and i took them out with great effort whn i was level 18,

so i'll give it to u straight, since the game is very biased by levels, if u face high level characters u cant hurt them, and vice versa. I was level 28 and imps were level 25 and they couldnt hurt me by even one hitpoint in an hour even though there was a hundred of them!

Low-level spells don't really hurt high-level characters.

U may well be able to kill the lower level guys but the bosses will be next to impossible. My advice is save game as far as u can get, then use hideinshadows to move around undetected and sneak up to them. When u then have unleashed an attack on the enemies, u have to immediately run and hide if u can, there u can regenerate health by waiting or potions. Use hideinshadows to get away as well.

Uve got some useless skills u invested in like bleed and rush attack etc. Read what i wrote in the guide. Its important that u invest a point in polymorph - u can turn the boss into a harmloess butterfly and just finish him then.

Also its silly to invest just on point in each skill, u have to concentrate on four and get them up to ten. Raed the recent warrior guide, i gave advice there. That is probably why ur character is quite weak in combat.

Also, ask Sassan to concetrate on healing u and u should be fine.

If u have 30 potions, use them with the pause key - but u can only use so many at once.

E
stranger
stranger
E
ummm HOW DA HELL DO U GT INTO THE SECRET ROOM

Support
Support

For the first secret passage there is a button on the left of a couple vertical beams. I think the second button is also on a beam, to the right once you get to the false wall.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard